Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: spikebor
16-05-2024, 06:32 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 394

DLL Access Violation
Posted by: KleptoLizard - 31-05-2018, 11:16 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

Hey there.

I'm experiencing numerous crashes both of the Unity Editor and of the built executables.
When I load a scene with a simple Fluid Jet simulation, it crashes to desktop about 50% of the time.
When I try to build with that scene open, it crashes every time.
Finally when the executable is built (by ensuring that I'm on a MainMenu scene when building), it crashes when it enters the scene with the Fluid Jet.

I tried to attach the crash.dmp and error.log to this post but it says that type of attachment is not allowed.
It gives the same message when I try to attach a rar archive.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Print this item

Bugs with cloth collision detection
Posted by: OrwellVR - 31-05-2018, 10:39 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi!
We are a studio developing a VR soccer game, and after upgrading the project to unity 2018.1.0f2 we found out the soccer net is having some inconsistent behaviour.
Basically it stopped being an actual collider (the balls just pass through it) but sometimes it moves the net anyway.
It was working properly before the upgrade, we already double checked the phase, collision layer, reinstalled plugins and unity, and tried to bump up the collision iteration, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
The net has a small number of polys (168 vertices created from the obi mesh topology) to work well with the vr limitations, but it shouldn't have problem with collisions, since we used this method for a lot of other iteration of this project.
Also moving to 2018 showed some strange errors in the console, saying that ObiParticleBaker and ObiParticleRenderer doesn't exist even if their component seems to work properly.

We are close to a deadline and we really could use some help or customized support, let me know if you need to have more information or you need a light sample of the scene.

Thanks!

Print this item

what to do to make fluid shaders
Posted by: sazatai - 30-05-2018, 12:36 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

hello,

I'm not well in programming, but would like to know about shaders.
What I want is simple looking like below.
  http://blog.virtualmethodstudio.com/2017...whats-new/
  > Better rendering
There described blue and orange nice looking.
Could you let me know what to do in details to get these shaders?
(using 3D fluid)

Thanks,
ST

Print this item

Holes in the mesh corners when using proxies
Posted by: Sewy24 - 28-05-2018, 01:30 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (16)

Hello,

first of all, great asset!

I am currently trying to integrate Obi cloth to our project and I am dealing with this problem:
- 1. When I create a box-like mesh on the pic1, and using proxies to simulate only one side, there is a little distortion of lengths at the corners (any bigger angles) pic2. 

- 2. When I create the same box-like mesh in the curved shape (in proxy, I simulate the "inside"), in simulation, the edges are unwelded and there are holes at the corners ((any bigger angles)  pic3 (only example, it can happened next to the pinned or next to the unpinned as well). This is always happening on the same position (until re-initializing, then it can move somewhere else)
(Both meshes are not skinned.)

- 3. When applying the same to the trenchcoat from your demo (switching the Skinned Mesh Renderer to Mesh Renderer to have the same state) there are no holes (only distrotion from 1st bullet occures)

The 1st bullet is not much an issue so far (though if you have solution for the edge distortion, It would be perfect)
2nd bullet is a big issue as you can see, we cannot use it in that state. It's best visible on the curved meshes.

Please, do you have any idea, where the problem is? The meshes are basic and were created in 3D max - box and extruded half-cylinder .
All cloths have the same Solver and same parameters.

Thanks!

Print this item

Errors building for Android
Posted by: danblack - 28-05-2018, 11:09 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

I've just purchased and imported AbiRope but I can't get it to build, either the demo scenes or an empty scene with one piece of rope added. I am trying to build for Android using Unity version 2018.1.0f2 on Windows 10.

I get the following errors : 
Shader error in 'Standard (Backfaces)': '_LightCoord' :  no such field in structure at Assets/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/UnityStandardCoreBackfaces.cginc(415) (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD SPOT
Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Shader error in 'Standard (Backfaces)': '_LightCoord' :  no such field in structure at Assets/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/UnityStandardCoreBackfaces.cginc(503) (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD SPOT
Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': '' :  non-square matrices not supported (3x1) at Assets/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/ObiEllipsoids.cginc(83) (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL
Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Print this item

Question regarding Obi's performance in VR
Posted by: Shade - 22-05-2018, 04:38 PM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Hi all,

I'm new here (also new to Obi). I recently used ObiCloth for my VR project. I do have a few quick questions:

1. Does ObiCloth (or any other Obi) utilize multithreading? If so, could someone point me as to where it is implemented?
  2. I'm thinking about getting Obi Fluid as well for my VR project, but before I do, has anyone tried using it for VR? Is it fast enough to be used (with minimal settings)?
Thanks,
Shade

Print this item

Obi Fluid with Vuforia and ARCORE
Posted by: tinkerboy - 18-05-2018, 06:39 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (8)

Hi all

I've just bought Obi Fluid with the goal of adding fluid physics to my augmented reality projects. Running the test scenes as is, they work perfectly. But I've encountered problems on two different AR platforms:

1) ARCore

On ARCore, the beaker (water container) needs to be scaled down a lot for it to appear the correct scale in the real world. Using the emitter material resolution setting, I've also resized the particles for them to fit in the tiny beaker. After this, the particles simply explode. Upon reading the forums, I need to fix the physics settings such as viscosity, surface tension, cutoff distance, etc. Has anyone successfully found good settings for this?

2) Vuforia

On Vuforia, it's the opposite: I need to scale up the beaker several times for it to appear normal size in the real world. The physics seem to work fine by going up in scale. My problem here now is, the minimum emitter material resolution is 0.001, corresponding to a particle size of 1.0. This would mean I would need hundreds of thousands of particles. Any way I can bypass this minimum resolution?

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Non-uniform spacing of verts
Posted by: John Krajewski - 17-05-2018, 10:36 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I have a problem where the rope hanging from the end of my crane swings like a penduluum, but I want it to have some stiffness so as you rotate the crane it doesnt sway so much.  The rope starts at the tip of the crane arm.

I'd like to put two verts close together right at the top of my rope, so I can enforce a low-bending cable running off the end of a crane (see picture).
Alternatively, having the ability to pin 'angle' and not just 'position' would work too. 

Anyways to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Print this item

Rope "drag" and PullDataFromSolver
Posted by: Agrerim - 17-05-2018, 10:35 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi!

I'm using Obi for a 3D grappling hook function (similar to you 2D example, but in 3D).

I have tweaked the values for the weight of my player rigidbody, for the rope and for the ObiSolver a lot, and I'm beginning to be pretty happy with the result. I still have one big problem:

If my player comes with some speed and shoots the rope in front of her, she still has some speed forward. This means she moves a bit while the rope is generated (whic takes around 3 frames on my computer). This I've tried to compensate for by creating a proportionally smaller rope. Also the rope is generated still (i.e. with no velocity), while she is in movement. The result is that the rope, when it appears, is formning a backward bend, behind her, and starts to slow her down from some kind of drag.

I first guessed this drag was because of some constraints, so I minimized bend constraint and increased "slack" to maximum. This made the rope a bit more "ugly", because it bent too much, but still no huge improvement. So I thought perhaps the player had too little mass to drag the rope. I increased the mass from 1 to 10, and it helped a bit, but instead the rope acted more elastic. Also, I want other objects to be much heavier than the player, so I don't like to have her too heavy. I changed that back, and came up with the idea, that perhaps I just need to set the particles start speed to the same as the player from the beginning! This way, they shouldn't drag behind her and slow her down.

The problem is that this seems to cause som unpredicted results. For one, the whole rope seemed to get a little bit crazy (but perhaps this is something I can tweak). But the other problem is that the fixed particle which keeps the far end of the rope in place, starts moving too. I read on this forum that this may be because even a particle with inverse mass 0 will move, if you set its velocity to some value. So I tried to exclude this particle, by getting the mass of all particles and avoid giving velocity to the one with inverseMass > 0.

Strangely, if I Debug.Log () all the particle masses I don't get any one with a different mass. They all have mass 10.

Code:
float[] masses = new float[1];
masses[0] = 0;
Oni.SetParticleInverseMasses (rope.Solver.OniSolver, masses, 1, rope.particleIndices[rope.UsedParticles - 1]);
// The above part works in game!

rope.TetherConstraints.RemoveFromSolver (null);
rope.GenerateTethers (ObiActor.TetherType.AnchorToFixed);
rope.TetherConstraints.AddToSolver (null);
// The above part, I'm not sure if it works. Sometimes the rope does not seem to be thethered. Is it correct? I can't see tethers in the editor.

// Set start velocity of particles:
Vector3 velocity = GetCurrentVelocity ();

yield return 0; // I added this row, just in case the SetParticleInverseMasses needs a frame to take effect.

rope.PullDataFromSolver(ParticleData.VELOCITIES | ParticleData.INV_MASSES);

if (rope.isActiveAndEnabled && rope.InSolver)

for (int i = 0; i < rope.velocities.Length; i++) // (I noticed you use ++i - why? Does that not increment before running the first loop?)
  {
  if (rope.invMasses[i] > 0.01)
   rope.velocities[i] = velocity;
   Debug.Log ("Particle " + i + " has mass " + rope.invMasses[i]);
  }
rope.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.VELOCITIES);
}

For a short rope, with just 3 particles, this gives the result:

Code:
Particle 0 has mass 10
Particle 1 has mass 10
Particle 2 has mass 10
Particle 3 has mass 10
Particle 4 has mass 10
Particle 5 has mass 10
Particle 6 has mass 10
Particle 7 has mass 10
Particle 8 has mass 10
Particle 9 has mass 10
Particle 10 has mass 10
Particle 11 has mass 10
Particle 12 has mass 10

I guess the 10 extra particles are the pooled ones, not in use at the moment? But why is there no one with another mass?

As you see in my code, I even tried adding a "yield return 0", just in case it takes a frame for the fixed particles mass-change to take effect.

The fixed particle does work as expected and is completely still in the game, so the player can hang from it. If I visualize it in the editor (during paused game), however, it says it has a mass of 0.1.

I can't get my head around this! Do you have any idea?

Perhaps another solution would be to lower the mass of all particles to 0,01? But I do think giving them a start speed would work best, and be most realistic. Perhaps a start speed which varies gradually from the players speed in the player-end and 0 in the stuck end. Or do you have another idea for how to prevent this?

Cheers,
Rasmus

Print this item

How to select the obi rope by mouse click?
Posted by: cowill - 17-05-2018, 02:58 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi, everyone. I create some obi ropes in my game, then I need select them by mouse click (Input.GetMouseButtonDown) in game window, such like using Physics.Raycast to know whether mouse click on the rope , however the conventional way does not work . Any one help to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

Print this item