» Replies: 5
» Views: 101
Error: Particle that does...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
01-05-2024, 10:39 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 43

How to select the obi rope by mouse click?
Posted by: cowill - 17-05-2018, 02:58 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi, everyone. I create some obi ropes in my game, then I need select them by mouse click (Input.GetMouseButtonDown) in game window, such like using Physics.Raycast to know whether mouse click on the rope , however the conventional way does not work . Any one help to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

Print this item

Reseting Simulation
Posted by: dsimovski - 16-05-2018, 02:23 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi,

Obi Cloth is a great Package!
I have a simulation that i want to reset at runtime. How do i achieve that ? Guiño

yours Damir

Print this item

Rope position delay from parent
Posted by: VirtualCucumber - 15-05-2018, 07:57 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (12)

[Image: 979klqD.gif]

If i change the simulation order off of Fixed Update it will snap properly but need it to interact with other physic objects properly.

Any advice?

Print this item

When I refer Mesh at OnPreRender() of Camera, Unity Editer Crash.
Posted by: tomonori - 14-05-2018, 04:44 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello all.

I found the crash of Unity Editer.
My enviroment are follows.
Obi Cloth version is 3.3.1.
Unity version 2017.2.0f3.
PC OS is Windows10 64bit.

When I refer Mesh at OnPreRender() of Camera, this issue will happen.
Moreover error.log says "Unity.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)" & "Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.".
My PC Memory has enough space.

The Simple way for Reproduction is follows.

Step1
Use Obi Cloth Sample Scene named "CharacterCloth.unity" in "Sample Scene" directory.

Step2
Attach the following Script into "Main Camera".

-MeshTest.cs

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class MeshTest : MonoBehaviour
{
    void OnPreRender()
    {
        MeshRenderer[] meshrenderers = Component.FindObjectsOfType<MeshRenderer>();
        SkinnedMeshRenderer[] skinnedMeshRenderers = Component.FindObjectsOfType<SkinnedMeshRenderer>();

foreach (MeshRenderer r in meshrenderers)
        {
            Mesh m = r.GetComponent<MeshFilter>().sharedMesh;
        }
        foreach (SkinnedMeshRenderer r in skinnedMeshRenderers)
        {
            Mesh m = new Mesh();
            r.BakeMesh(m);
        }
    }
}

Step3
Click the Play Button.

Step4
Probably you can see the Crash of Unity Editer.

Does anyone know how can I fix this issue?

Attached Files
.cs   MeshTest.cs (Size: 643 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Print this item

Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton.
Posted by: cubrman - 13-05-2018, 06:03 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (33)

I "stitch" newly created skinned models for my main character to an existing skeleton in my Unity project using a script. That is the only way I know how to attach a new model to my skeletaly animated character. Unfortunately adding Obi cloth to such models makes the plugin work with bugs: editing points gets bugged because the plugin thinks that the points are still located where the initial cloth GameObject was, assigning parameters to points is impossible and I am pretty sure self-collision with other skinned meshes on the recipient skeleton is not working either. I have created a Unity 2017.2 project with a scene that has everything set up for stitching a model to an existing skeleton, to stitch the model - just right click on a "Stitcher editor" script located on a "Shirt" GameObject in the "Bug scene" ("Scenes/Bug scene") and choose "Stitch skinned mesh".

Link to a screenshot:
http://piccy.info/view3/12327021/da782b2...7d9e60eb3/

Link to the project:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=178A31T...j7r--g8qNf

Please try it out and tell me if there is a workaround for such case.

P.S. Jesus guys this forum tech is a mess. I had to attach my file from the google drive and screenshots are impossible to embed. Such a shame to have such poor forum for a HQ product like Obi.

Print this item

Collision with my character won't work.
Posted by: Skweejji - 13-05-2018, 05:14 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I can't for the life of me get my collision to work with my character. I have a cloak on the character that is using Obi Cloth. Collisions are enabled in my solver, my collider is on a seperate layer from my cloth, I have the correct layer selected in my solver for collisions. I need saving.

Print this item

Exclamación Obi Fluid - Job Offer
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 11-05-2018, 11:31 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

We just found this offer in UpWork in case you are fluent with Obi Fluid   :-)

https://www.upwork.com/job/Unity-program...21c1947aa/

Print this item

Add External force to Fluid Particle
Posted by: Renzo - 10-05-2018, 05:57 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi

I want to add an external force to all particles on the screen, could you help me sending a script.

thank you

Renzo

Print this item

Rope lenght on demand
Posted by: Jimess - 09-05-2018, 05:40 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi,

Bought this tool recently for a single straightforward task - I want my rope to extend on demand (i.e. when you shoot a harpoon, I want the rope to follow the tip until the rope's maximum lenght is reached).
Right now I've played quite a lot with Obi Rope but the ChangeLenght method just can't keep up with my "tip" object. Whenever I shoot the object it feels like the rope just drasticly stops my gameobject. Doesn't matter how often I call the change length method.

So my question - is there any way to achieve the "extend on demand" effect with Obi Rope?

Print this item

Initial State/Save State for Obi Solves
Posted by: TheTTimeLives - 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Quick question to all readers,

A lot of simulation environments, especially particle driven ones (off the top of my head RealFlow and Fume), have the ability to create initial or save states in your simulation, meaning that the very first frame (or in the case of game environments, at runtime I presume) of your simulation can be set to something other than the resting state of a mesh/particle field/whatever.

Is there such a feature, or at least one with similar functionality in Obi Cloth? I'm trying to make a curtain that can be pulled in a HTC Vive VR environment across the pole above the window from which it hangs on by the user's hands. I'm currently doing this by dropping the cloth horizontally onto the pole's collider, but it is obviously not correct or effective to wait for the cloth to drop and all the motion to "wring out" of the cloth in the interim. And seemingly, Unity's cloth modifier does not have this functionality.

All possible solutions are appreciated Sonrisa

Print this item