Exclude some particles fr...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
17-04-2024, 11:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 63

Exclamación Obi Fluid - Job Offer
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 11-05-2018, 11:31 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

We just found this offer in UpWork in case you are fluent with Obi Fluid   :-)

https://www.upwork.com/job/Unity-program...21c1947aa/

Print this item

Add External force to Fluid Particle
Posted by: Renzo - 10-05-2018, 05:57 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi

I want to add an external force to all particles on the screen, could you help me sending a script.

thank you

Renzo

Print this item

Rope lenght on demand
Posted by: Jimess - 09-05-2018, 05:40 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi,

Bought this tool recently for a single straightforward task - I want my rope to extend on demand (i.e. when you shoot a harpoon, I want the rope to follow the tip until the rope's maximum lenght is reached).
Right now I've played quite a lot with Obi Rope but the ChangeLenght method just can't keep up with my "tip" object. Whenever I shoot the object it feels like the rope just drasticly stops my gameobject. Doesn't matter how often I call the change length method.

So my question - is there any way to achieve the "extend on demand" effect with Obi Rope?

Print this item

Initial State/Save State for Obi Solves
Posted by: TheTTimeLives - 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Quick question to all readers,

A lot of simulation environments, especially particle driven ones (off the top of my head RealFlow and Fume), have the ability to create initial or save states in your simulation, meaning that the very first frame (or in the case of game environments, at runtime I presume) of your simulation can be set to something other than the resting state of a mesh/particle field/whatever.

Is there such a feature, or at least one with similar functionality in Obi Cloth? I'm trying to make a curtain that can be pulled in a HTC Vive VR environment across the pole above the window from which it hangs on by the user's hands. I'm currently doing this by dropping the cloth horizontally onto the pole's collider, but it is obviously not correct or effective to wait for the cloth to drop and all the motion to "wring out" of the cloth in the interim. And seemingly, Unity's cloth modifier does not have this functionality.

All possible solutions are appreciated Sonrisa

Print this item

Exclamación iOS Build Failed!!!
Posted by: tmartinez88 - 08-05-2018, 07:05 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hey has any one had any luck building to iOS? I've seen a few other people get similar errors. 

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...hp?tid=534

I've done the fix here and that takes care of a couple of errors. 

Attached is a screenshot of my console. I've tried on two computers both running 2017.4.0f1

The asset store says it supports iOS so can we get a tutorial that shows us how? 

Thanks!

Print this item

Obi Rope sticks to the floor
Posted by: Krzysiek - 08-05-2018, 12:53 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello,

1) I have 2 objects connected with Obi rope (something like Rocker example scene). When both objects fall on the floor sometimes rope sticks to the floor (screenshot attached). How to avoid that issue?

2) Since I'm using Obi Rope in VR user may move controller under floor (intentionally or not) and the same problem exist. Is there any way to automatically (runtime) position rope over floor surface?

Cheers,
Krzysiek

Print this item

Just bought asset | Errors on import
Posted by: VirtualCucumber - 08-05-2018, 03:34 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

https://i.gyazo.com/53c88285de4a7838df5f...bcc868.png

Im sure its a simple fix since its a really small project I imported it to.

EDIT [FIXED]:
My "Editor" folder was interfering with Obi's Editor folder.

Print this item

Change rope path
Posted by: leonrdo - 04-05-2018, 07:14 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I changed the curve of my rope and I see the update in the editor when i click to Initialize. Yet, when I press play, the rope start with the shape of the previous curve and once I stop the simulation the rope restore to the previous curve, even I have no record of the old ObiBezierCurve. Any ideia whats going on?

Print this item

Pull chain through hoop
Posted by: darkcser - 04-05-2018, 05:06 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I'm trying to create a chain that can be pulled through a hoop using Obi Rope. I essentially made a 4 objects with obi colliders on them, and arranged them in a square shape for the hoop. After that I tried to shape a spline for the chain so that it can loop through the hoop. Handles were then created for the ends of the rope. The problem is that if I pull very very gently on the chain it stays and slides through the hoop but if I pull a bit faster it just goes through the hoop, and falls to the ground.

Distance constraints is already set to 1, and distance iterations on the solver is set to 10 with the other constraint iterations set to 2 or 3. Is there some sort of settings that will help to make the collision more solid? 

This is a VR project so I want to allow the user to pull on the chain through the hoop with their hands. 

I've looked at the crane example, and it seems like having a larger collider helps but I need a fairly small hoop, and don't want the chain to "float" around it.

Print this item

libOni.dll caused an Access Violation
Posted by: darkcser - 04-05-2018, 04:53 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

I'm experiencing a crash (Obi Cloth, Obi Rope 3.4, Unity 5.6.3p2). I have two Obi Rope objects with their own solvers and 4 Obi Cloth objects pointing to a single solver. If I enable the two solvers for the rope everything is OK. Similarly if I just enable the solver for the cloth, everything is fine. However if I enable the all 3 solvers, I get a hard crash in Unity. This sometimes happens immediately while at other times it takes a few seconds. 

The log file says "libOni.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module libOni.dll at 0033:c017db05."

The exception from the dmp file says "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access" . 

I'm using simulation order: fixed update.

This project uses SteamVR if that matters. I basically have a rope attached to a connector which is attached to a chain which is attached to another connector that is attached to a number of straps (using Obi Cloth). I saw the other thread (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...on#pid1061

Print this item