Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility with magicacloth2
An error occurs when magicacloth2 and obi fluid are used together, and the error continues even if magicacloth2 is removed.

What should I do?
(04-05-2024, 12:16 PM)etemaru Wrote: An error occurs when magicacloth2 and obi fluid are used together, and the error continues even if magicacloth2 is removed.

What should I do?

Hi,

What’s the error?
Let me explain first. I'm not good at English, so I use machine translation to speak English.
I apologize for my poor English.

I'm new to game development, so I can't pinpoint the cause, but I'll explain how the error occurred.
Create a new one and install Obi Fluid. The sample works fine.
When I install Magica Cloth 2 there, an error occurs and it does not start even when I press the Play button.

Since I can't pinpoint the cause, I'll write down multiple errors.

Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Backends\Burst\Solver\DequeueIntoArrayJob.cs(12,31): error CS8377: The type 'T' must be a non-nullable value type, along with all fields at any level of nesting, in order to use it as parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'NativeQueue<T>'

Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Backends\Burst\DataStructures\NativeMultilevelGrid.cs(34,13): error CS0305: Using the generic type 'UnsafeList<T>' requires 1 type arguments

Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Backends\Burst\DataStructures\NativeMultilevelGrid.cs(88,36): error CS8377: The type 'NativeMultilevelGrid<T>.Cell<T>' must be a non-nullable value type, along with all fields at any level of nesting, in order to use it as parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'NativeList<T>'

Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Rider.Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
Hi,

This is an error with the Collections package. Older versions of Collections do not have a generic version of UnsafeList, and require a different declaration for generic types in jobs.

What Obi version are you using, and what version of the Collections package do you have installed? my guess is that you're installing MagicaCloth together with an older Obi version, and Magica is installing a newer version of the Collections package. If this is the case, updating Obi will solve the issue.

See this related thread: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...n-nullable