Destroying GameObjects im...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
17-09-2024, 02:25 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 191

Unfix particles via scripting
Posted by: mbbmbbmm - 04-11-2017, 04:19 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Ok, so in order to fix a particle and make it move with the transform i should set the inverse Mass of the particle to zero (making the mass infinite I think). This works nicely. But how do I achieve the opposite, how can I unfix the particle again?  
If I give it back it's cached inverse mass it doesn't do anything - it doesn't react to gravity etc...

Ah nevermind I got it! 
actor.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.INV_MASSES);  
was required.  Gran sonrisa Interesante

One more question. When I set up the cloth, i set the mass for all particles to 0.1. Shouldn't the inverse masses all be 10? Because when I cache them they have different values, some have 4760.332, some have  14281, some have 9520.665... What i s going on there?
Thank you!

Print this item

Stiff wire simulation
Posted by: jfeng94 - 02-11-2017, 08:08 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (7)

I'm interested in using ObiWire to simulate stiff wires (like copper wires) that the user can bend at will but maintains its basic shape when subject to gravity.
Does anyone have any tips on how to set up the solver/constraints to get this sort of behavior? Thanks in advance!

Print this item

IndexOutOfRangeException in Sample Scene
Posted by: Yomadorr - 02-11-2017, 07:05 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Dear Obi-Team
Today I bought your Rope Asset. But each sample scene crashes at start, because of IndexOutOfRangeExceptions.
(I work on Mac 10.12.6 (16G29) with Unity 2017.2.0f3 Personal (64bit) if that helps. )

E.g. in the scene "RopesAndJoints":
IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
Obi.ObiSolver.UpdateActiveParticles () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:408)
Obi.ObiSolver.AddActor (Obi.ObiActor actor, Int32 numParticles) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:324)
Obi.ObiActor.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:221)
Obi.ObiRope.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:380)
Obi.ObiActor.Start () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:134)

What am I doing wrong?

Best
Livio

Print this item

IDea for measure fluid volume?
Posted by: cyy1133 - 02-11-2017, 05:16 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

um, sorry for my short English.. i purchased it Yesterday, but i really want to get this information hurry.
For example,
I want Measure fluid Particle volum in bowl.
Or want measure fluid Particle weight in bowl.

Is there any Api Support? or Devleop Idea?

Print this item

HELP, libOni.dll is crashing my game.
Posted by: dodgevision - 02-11-2017, 01:02 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Hi,

I'm using Obi Cloth and Obi Fluid in the same build. That has been working great and I love your assets! The problem is after 2 - 5 minutes of my game running, it will just crash. I tried to figure out the problem but had no luck. The fluid and cloth all work fine, and it doesn't seem like anything in particular causes the crash, it seems to just be time based. This crash happens in Unity and in stand alone builds. When it happens in Unity it does not give me an exception, it just crashes Unity completely and I have to restart the program.

After crash if I click the "Debug" Option it says this... "Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFBCA9AFB76 (libOni.dll) in skirtime.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000006AE658C0."

Also, the output log says this before the Crash...

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFBBB67106F (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FFBBB66FFD8 (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FFBBB66F645 (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FFBBB66CD56 (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FFBBB6B98C6 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FFBBB6BADE1 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FFBBB6B94A9 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FFBBB6E0559 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FFC05631FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFC073EEF91 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

I hope this help, Let me know if there is anything else that might help you.

Thanks for your help,
Nick.

Print this item

Proxy Cloth Crash
Posted by: AltruXeno - 30-10-2017, 08:10 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello!

I recently purchased Obi Cloth and am really loving the whole system. Not only does it provide more options and flexibility than the Unity cloth, but also has a better vertex selection tool.

However, I'm having issues with the proxy cloth component. I'm trying to add cloth to my character's jacket and am following the trench coat example but Unity crashes upon play whenever the proxy cloth component is present, or more specifically, when the proxy cloth component is present and I've bound the vertices with the Triangle Skin Mesh. I've checked the editor log and found no hints at all before the crash and am at a loss.

The big trick is that I had it working the day that I downloaded the asset (about a week ago), but decided to restart the whole process since I had become more acquainted with the system (or so I thought). Since then I have tried, from scratch, 5 different times and every time that I attach the proxy component it instantly crashes on play. Removing the component allows it to work again.

I'm sure that I will need to supply much more information to get to the bottom of the issue, but am uncertain what it is that you will need from me: pictures of the skin painting, model details, etc. Or, perhaps, you've come across this before and will know exactly what it is that I need to do. Either way, I hope that you can help me easily fix this and I can use your asset to bring even more depth to my character!

Print this item

Material look to lava
Posted by: aldo_manetti - 30-10-2017, 05:29 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi, I bought the obi fluid and it works really well.Bu t I have 2 doubts in which I would like a guide.

-To the liquid I need to give it a look like lava, is there a way to add textures to the material? to achieve a similar result:
http://static0.misionesonline.net/wp-con...ophm0g.jpg

- What is the best way to activate the fluid, I currently have a prefab off and active when I need it to start to drain, but it does not work, it will not render particles, but they exist in the editor (like a gizmo mesh)

many thanks

Print this item

Can I react to a thin object?
Posted by: nelluard - 30-10-2017, 11:48 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Greetings, Every Users.

I Want to React to thin object(like Wire) and Obi Cloth Object.

but, Obi Cloth Object is not Working.

I need Help.

Thank you.

Print this item

How to make the Start/End Prefab able to be Raycasted?
Posted by: Rexima - 30-10-2017, 09:32 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (21)

I want to be able to grab my Rope on the End or Start, and i thought to raycast the end/start of it, so the player can grab it.
How can this be done?

Print this item

Connect two objects
Posted by: elfinik - 27-10-2017, 12:40 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hello.
I'm doing the game using obi physics, but after studying the documentation, I could not connect the two objects with a rope with the result I needed.

I need to connect two points so that when the platform bends turned, the cube falls forward. I tried to adjust the distance, mass and stuff, but nothing happened.

Points are selected through the script

Code:
     localOPB.AddConstraint(0, firstTarget.GetComponent<ObiCollider>(), firstTarget.InverseTransformPoint(firstPoint), 0);

Code:
    localOPB.AddConstraint(105, secondTarget.GetComponent<ObiCollider>(), secondTarget.InverseTransformPoint(secondPoint), 0);

[Image: 737fa4f5889a5ab1c6d8ac41d1c43587.png]

Print this item