» Replies: 5
» Views: 101
Error: Particle that does...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
01-05-2024, 10:39 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 43

How to create and destroy particles procedurally?
Posted by: Pr0fitt3R - 29-06-2017, 08:42 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I would like to know how can I increase and decrease the length of an inextensible rope.

As far as I can see, the best method to do that is increasing (or decreasing) the number of particles in my rope (pressing two diferent keys, such as up and down keys). Since i'm beginner with Obi, I really don't know if this is the best way to do that and I'm opened to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance Gran sonrisa

Print this item

Mass Collisions for Rope
Posted by: PhantomBadger - 27-06-2017, 01:49 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi all,

Im looking to see if it's possible to have the Obi Rope collide with essentially everything in the scene. From reading the docs it seems the only performance issue is during the transfer between C# and C++, which is a performance hit we're fine with having at the start assuming that's the only place it is present.

My current solution is to run something like this:

Code:
   /// <summary>
   /// Collects all the MeshColliders in the scene and attached it to ObiSolver
   /// </summary>
   private void CollectAllColliders()
   {
       //Get all mesh colliders in the scene
       MeshCollider[] allColliders = FindObjectsOfType<MeshCollider>();

//Make a collider group
       Obi.ObiColliderGroup colGroup = new Obi.ObiColliderGroup();
       colGroup.colliders = new List<Collider>(allColliders);

//Attach it to the solver
       ObiSolver.colliderGroup = colGroup;
   }

in the Start() method. This runs fine, but then Unity promptly crashes on the following first frame. The number of colliders is around 924. My main questions stemming from this are as follows;
  • Is this approach possible, but we're just exceeding some kind of upper-limit with colliders?
  • Is there an alternate approach to getting all possible colliders to interact with a single rope instance?
  • Does the performance hit from C#->C++ happen only st the start when they're registered, or every frame as their positions are updated?

I would assume the solution should this not be possible is to simply cherry pick the most important colliders.

Thanks for your response!

Print this item

Adding custom particle forces
Posted by: herbst - 26-06-2017, 05:12 PM - Forum: General - Replies (7)

Hey there, I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple here.
I'm trying to apply custom forces to particles.

So what I did is basically duplicate the ObiSphericalForceZone, since it contains the relevant calls to Oni.AddParticleExternalForces.
However, no matter what I do, this custom script does not apply any forces to the particles.

Is there some magic thing I have to do to make Obi use these custom forces?

Otherwise, I have to put the code directly into the SphericalForceZone or AmbientForceZone, which I'd like to avoid since I am using both already.

Print this item

Question about a specific Obi Rope application
Posted by: kkansy - 26-06-2017, 10:32 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hello Sonrisa I want to create a rather long hose dragged by a dynamic object throughout the scene, while keeping collision with the scene objects like building, trees etc. as well as realistic hose baviour, including two-way dragging. Is Obi Rope suitable for such application? Thanks in advance for help.

Print this item

Feedback
Posted by: jamesong - 25-06-2017, 10:34 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I've been trying out ObiRope and thought I'd pass along early feedback:

- I followed the rope tutorial, but "Initialize" was greyed out with "Rope section is missing".  I had to look at one of the sample scenes to see that "Section" was supposed to be connected to DefaultRopeSegment, which fixed it.  I assume the import settings on ObiRope.cs are supposed to point to that so it's connected automatically, but they're all None for me in 5.6.  I've seen this happen elsewhere, so maybe this is a Unity bug, but you might want to check the assignments.
- I couldn't find the curve objects anywhere in the component menu and the tutorial didn't say where they are.  I'd suggest describing this is in the first-time user tutorial, since it's not obvious the first time around.  I think they're actually missing component menu items (spent a while squinting through it looking for them), I had to add it manually.
- Importing this added a bunch of warnings to my project:

Cannot add menu item 'Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Bone' for method 'ObiBoneEditor.AddObiBone' because a menu item with the same name already exists.

Several of these are being added in two places:
[MenuItem("Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Rope",false,0)]
[AddComponentMenu("Physics/Obi/Obi Rope")]

I've commented out the MenuItem version, since it's the AddComponentMenu version that's actually ending up in the menu for me.

- Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiColliderGroupEditor.cs(17,20): warning CS0414: The private field `Obi.ObiColliderGroupEditor.group' is assigned but its value is never used
Also trivial to fix.

- There are also some shader warnings that I haven't tried to get rid of ("Use of UNITY_MATRIX_MV is detected").  At least these ones only seem to appear on import, the others show up all the time.  I think these are just poorly-thought-out warnings on Unity's part.

Print this item

Prevent object from going through cloth
Posted by: EdgeMt - 25-06-2017, 10:38 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello
We are working on a project, where we shoot a rigidbody spherical object onto an Obi cloth object.
Sometimes the object collides well with the cloth object but many time it just passes through.

I read about how the interaction works by the use of the physics material so I changed some values
which made it better looking results but I am still getting it to pass through the cloth object.

How can I totally prevent the rigidbody from doing that?
Or if I can't, how can I get the OnObjectCollision method for either the rigidbody or the cloth
so I can reduce the velocity of the rigidbody.
I tried doing that via the 'CollisionEventHandler' class but it keeps on printing everytime the solver and not
the interacting object.
Thanks.

Print this item

Información How to use your purchase / order ID to receive full support
Posted by: virtualmethod - 23-06-2017, 03:10 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

If you want full support for your project we have to make sure you own the asset you are asking about.

We need to check the order number (OR) / invoice number the Asset Store gives you after purchasing our assets.

We recommend you fill the information in your profile as soon as possible

What's the protocol:

- You ask something that requires a big amount of time from our side or requires specific support.

- We will check if your profile info contains the ownership flag of that asset.

- If not, we will visit your profile information and check if the invoice number is valid, and add the asset ownership flag to your profile

- If you don't have the order number in your profile, we reserve the right to ask for it.

To add the numbers:

- Go to User CP or Control Panel (top left corner, under "Welcome Back..." black bar). 
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/usercp.php

- Go to "Edit Profile" on the list

- Add your numbers on the form's "additional info" section.

Thank you for your time!

Print this item

Collisions with other ropes
Posted by: Mateusz_Madein - 23-06-2017, 01:38 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Is this possible to make ropes collide with each other? (and if yes then how to achieve this Sonrisa)

Print this item

Recomend for android builds
Posted by: kr.alcazar - 23-06-2017, 09:09 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hi,

I've just pursached obi fluid and I am trying to build a scene with 1000 particles for android, but when I run in my phone it crash when it emit like 200-500 particles.

Can you recomend an optimal configuration of your asset?

Thanks in advance,
Krist

Print this item

Conversion from Unity to Obi Cloth by code / Mobile devices performance
Posted by: LukaszM - 22-06-2017, 07:39 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi,
I would like to ask a few questions befory buying Obi Cloth.

I want to use it along with UMA (Unity Multipurpouse Avatar system) for character cloths. The UMA handles cloth materials by adding standard Unity Cloth component on   certain parts of generated avatar mesh. Is there a possibility to change Unity Cloth component to Obi Cloth in runtime by code ?

I read a few reviews on the asset store page of the asset that make me wonder about efficiency on mobile devices. Will it run on android with just a few cloths smoothly ?

Print this item