» Views: 93
Please check out this mod...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: josemendez
29-04-2024, 10:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 68

ObiEmitterShapeImage
Posted by: p3gamer - 21-11-2018, 05:36 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Can you explain how the ObiEmitterShapeImage class works? I thought that this component would take the shape of a 2d image (ie. coffee mug) and create an emitter shape based off it. When I tried to add this component, it didn't work properly (only one fluid drop came out).

Is there any downside to adding multiple emitter shapes to each emitter? Creating a custom emitter shape seems tricky (ie. lightning bolt shape, tree leaf).

Print this item

Fluid collision issues
Posted by: george_playbite - 20-11-2018, 09:38 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hello there,

I'm having some issues with fluid collision detection and I'm not sure how to resolve them.

Here's a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1040FPuI...sp=sharing

As you can see in the video, the issue is that the fluid goes through my colliders quite easily.

I tried using the Thickness property in the Obi Collider component but even though that helps, the gap between the fluid and the collider makes it look really strange and also some jittering occurs because the colliders now overlap each other.

I'm rotating my object by using Rigidbody.MoveRotation and not directly modifying the transform, in an effort to reduce issues with physics/transform not being in sync.

Also this object has an invisible collider on top so that the fluid doesn't overflow and fall off when moving around.

Any suggestions/ideas would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
George

Print this item

Skinned Mesh Collisions
Posted by: HellsPlumber - 20-11-2018, 11:15 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi!
I just wanted to ask if Obi Fluid works with Skinned Meshes (collisions and interactions with them).

Thanks for any info!

Print this item

Pregunta Setting the mass of a particle trough code...
Posted by: imtehQ - 19-11-2018, 04:40 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Code:
       rope.invMasses[0] = 10;

However this will make the rope segment be 0.11 mass.
How is the mass beeing calculated here?
where 1 = 1 mass but 10 is 0.11

Print this item

Underwater rope
Posted by: ibbybn - 18-11-2018, 04:31 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

Hey, I'm using obirope to tether a spear to a harpoon which you can reel back after shooting it.

If I'm using very low iteration/substep numbers the rope already looks like it's underwater but becomes way too stretchy.

If I use higher numbers the simulation is too fast to look realistic underwater.

Is there a way to get this slow motion underwater look without sacrificing stiffness of the rope?
Is this something I might be able to do with the new release or is it already doable?

Print this item

Triste 2D End Prefab
Posted by: AAFever - 18-11-2018, 04:47 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hi! Gran sonrisa  I'm trying to use Obi Rope in a 2D Unity environment.

What I want to do is attach a GameObject prefab with a Sprite Renderer on it to the Obi Rope's EndPrefab variable.

So I did, but the problem with that is it isn't oriented towards the camera visually.

So I created a GameObject child to the prefab I stuck to EndPrefab where I then moved the Sprite Renderer to and rotated it manually.

This had some promising results until I played the Scene.

As the rope rotates around in 2D space (X, Y), the EndPrefabInstance rotates around in the 3rd Dimension like a drill.

I want to keep the Sprite facing towards the camera at all times and not rotating like a drill at the end of the rope.

I have attached a screenshot example to illustrate what I mean,

Has anyone solved this problem, or does anyone know of a way to solve this?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Pregunta Obi fluid and Unity Vuforia
Posted by: Sisanda - 17-11-2018, 04:45 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hi Guys,

I developing an AR app using Vuforia and I try to Obi Fluid but when I run the project the fluid is not simulating. May you please help me

Print this item

Counting Fluid & Android Export
Posted by: Tuna.Y - 15-11-2018, 06:39 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (11)

Hi All,

I bought this asset a few days ago and everything was going well until I tried to count particles Sonrisa

I know this page: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html and spent time there but I couldn't manage to "count" particles. It would be amazing if someone give hand about that.

I have my box collider and script on my Solver object. There is a counter in the script, but it counts as soon as 1 collision happens BETWEEN the fluid particles (not the collider) and it never stops increasing.

Here is my code;

Code:
using Obi;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

[RequireComponent(typeof(ObiSolver))]

public class Fill : MonoBehaviour
{
   ObiSolver solver;
   public int counter = 0;
   public Collider2D targetCollider = null;

ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs collisionEvent;

void Awake()
   {
       solver = GetComponent<ObiSolver>();

}

void OnEnable()
   {
       solver.OnCollision += Solver_OnCollision;
   }

void OnDisable()
   {
       solver.OnCollision -= Solver_OnCollision;
   }

void Solver_OnCollision(object sender, ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs e)
   {
       foreach (Oni.Contact contact in e.contacts)
       {
           // this one is an actual collision:
           if (contact.distance < 0.01)
           {
               Component collider;
               if (ObiCollider.idToCollider.TryGetValue(contact.other, out collider))
               {
                   counter++;
               }
           }
       }
   }
}

Second thing is, I only see pink screen when I export my game to the Android. I found a similar issue on the forum, did the suggestion (It was something like changing current shader to simple shader) and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Print this item

Pregunta Increase rope length with correct tethers
Posted by: imtehQ - 15-11-2018, 01:24 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (22)

When you increase the rope length particle points are added however the tether constraints script does not update them.
So only the first part of the entire rope will have those constraints not the rest of the rope.

[Image: NfzdE5t.png]

I also saw that if your using the Hierarchical type on them that the last 3-4 point or so are still directly connected to its start point, resulting in the rope behaving odd where most of the rope acts like expected its end point ignored what the rest of the rope does and only act on itself.

[Image: yisqYtl.png]

Any way to fix this or im a missing something in the setup?

Print this item

Exclamación Update problems
Posted by: Evgenius - 15-11-2018, 01:16 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hello! I've been using ObiRope 3.2 for a long time and delayed the update due to conflicts it could lead to. But now I need to add ObiFluid to the current project, so I've started with the update of ObiRope from 3.2 to 3.5. There were almost no code conflicts, but during the merge I got an error:

[Image: BlFFU9U.png]

And now when I open any scene with ropes I get this error:

[Image: 4QfrMNW.png]

And if I try to reopen scene, play scene, or even quit Unity, I get a crash. Here are the crash.dmp and error.log

It looks similar to problem in this thread, but I don't know if it's solved or not.
I'm using Windows 10 x86, Unity 2017.1.0f3, and I use only ObiRope in project, so far.

Print this item