» Views: 62
Use obi rope to generate ...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
15-04-2024, 07:03 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 135

Counting Fluid & Android Export
Posted by: Tuna.Y - 15-11-2018, 06:39 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (11)

Hi All,

I bought this asset a few days ago and everything was going well until I tried to count particles Sonrisa

I know this page: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html and spent time there but I couldn't manage to "count" particles. It would be amazing if someone give hand about that.

I have my box collider and script on my Solver object. There is a counter in the script, but it counts as soon as 1 collision happens BETWEEN the fluid particles (not the collider) and it never stops increasing.

Here is my code;

Code:
using Obi;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

[RequireComponent(typeof(ObiSolver))]

public class Fill : MonoBehaviour
{
   ObiSolver solver;
   public int counter = 0;
   public Collider2D targetCollider = null;

ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs collisionEvent;

void Awake()
   {
       solver = GetComponent<ObiSolver>();

}

void OnEnable()
   {
       solver.OnCollision += Solver_OnCollision;
   }

void OnDisable()
   {
       solver.OnCollision -= Solver_OnCollision;
   }

void Solver_OnCollision(object sender, ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs e)
   {
       foreach (Oni.Contact contact in e.contacts)
       {
           // this one is an actual collision:
           if (contact.distance < 0.01)
           {
               Component collider;
               if (ObiCollider.idToCollider.TryGetValue(contact.other, out collider))
               {
                   counter++;
               }
           }
       }
   }
}

Second thing is, I only see pink screen when I export my game to the Android. I found a similar issue on the forum, did the suggestion (It was something like changing current shader to simple shader) and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Print this item

Pregunta Increase rope length with correct tethers
Posted by: imtehQ - 15-11-2018, 01:24 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (22)

When you increase the rope length particle points are added however the tether constraints script does not update them.
So only the first part of the entire rope will have those constraints not the rest of the rope.

[Image: NfzdE5t.png]

I also saw that if your using the Hierarchical type on them that the last 3-4 point or so are still directly connected to its start point, resulting in the rope behaving odd where most of the rope acts like expected its end point ignored what the rest of the rope does and only act on itself.

[Image: yisqYtl.png]

Any way to fix this or im a missing something in the setup?

Print this item

Exclamación Update problems
Posted by: Evgenius - 15-11-2018, 01:16 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hello! I've been using ObiRope 3.2 for a long time and delayed the update due to conflicts it could lead to. But now I need to add ObiFluid to the current project, so I've started with the update of ObiRope from 3.2 to 3.5. There were almost no code conflicts, but during the merge I got an error:

[Image: BlFFU9U.png]

And now when I open any scene with ropes I get this error:

[Image: 4QfrMNW.png]

And if I try to reopen scene, play scene, or even quit Unity, I get a crash. Here are the crash.dmp and error.log

It looks similar to problem in this thread, but I don't know if it's solved or not.
I'm using Windows 10 x86, Unity 2017.1.0f3, and I use only ObiRope in project, so far.

Print this item

Pregunta Unity 2018.3 supported?
Posted by: KjetilMV - 14-11-2018, 07:32 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi

I was just wondering anyone has testet Obi Rope with Unity 2018.3 yet?

Thanks

Print this item

Simulation works perfect on PC but not on android huawai
Posted by: AlyAmeen - 14-11-2018, 04:36 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hello,
 I have a simple simulation that I am working on and it's working perfectly fine on PC, but on android Huawei phone the rope ignores the constraints and the colliders.

video on how it works on an emulator : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7r3isbk1s55oi...9.mp4?dl=0

(the same happens on the phone)

It works perfectly fine in the editor and on the pc build.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

I actually made a build for the scene chains.unity and it gave me the same result, the chain is moving but it's not constrained with the ball.

am I missing something ?

Print this item

Deformed mesh after Cloth Proxy
Posted by: octavr - 14-11-2018, 03:10 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,

after I bound the source topology to the target mesh in the ObiTriangleSkinMap for the proxy and press play my mesh is showing deformations. Is it because of the low poly geometry of the source mesh? How can I minimize this deformations whe using a low poly mesh? Thanks in advance. 

[Image: gXOMWto.png]

Print this item

Mesh resolution boundries
Posted by: IlyGot - 14-11-2018, 11:57 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

What are there limitation for mesh resolution for clothes? I'd like to use highly detailed 3d scan, as there are many elements I'd like to animate, so normal map I think won't give natural view. Also My 3d scanner can outpul point clouds, as Obi cloth uses particles system, is it possible to use scan points as particles?

Print this item

Grabbing the rope
Posted by: innovine - 13-11-2018, 10:33 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

In my game the player hands are rigidbodies, moving by AddForce() calls. Is it possible for me to detect when a hand collides with a piece of the rope, and when this occurs, generate a pin constraint between hand and rope, so that the player is able to grab it in the middle and then pull on it? The rope itself will then pull on an attached rigidbody on its ends? Think of an astronaut with a toolbox on a tether... and he pulls on the middle of the tether to jerk the rope and reel in the tool box... is Obi Rope the right thing for this?

Print this item

Zero-g
Posted by: innovine - 13-11-2018, 10:28 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (12)

I would just like a quick confirmation before I buy, since I didn't see this answered anywhere...  Obi Rope will work with zero-g environments, right?  Currently I am disabling the Gravity option on individual Rigidbodies, but if necessary I can also do Physics.gravity = Vector3.zero;

Print this item

Can't edit particles
Posted by: DrInternet - 13-11-2018, 06:46 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,

my problem is that I can't edit particles in Obi cloth. After opening benchmark scene, I click on "edit particles" button, the button goes gray, but there is no particle gizmo nor particle editor toolbbox in scene view. This happens only in existing project; in clean one it works as expected. 

At random I also got those to errors:
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Renderer can't be checked because doesn't exist
Those don't seem to appear in clean project. 

Obi Cloth 3.5 and Unity 2018.2.13f

Print this item