» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 130

Bombilla Copy properties and groups from one blueprint to another
Posted by: nexar - 21-08-2020, 06:51 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (5)

Hi Jose,

I'm writing to you again, because we have this situation:

We have an original 3D mesh with blendshapes and its blueprint configured (with its own properties and particle groups).

At one point the blendshapes change once, and then we bake the mesh with the updated blendshapes, to have the "updated baked mesh".

With this baked mesh we generate its new blueprint, which has exactly the same number of particles as the original blueprint.

Code:
bakedMesh = new Mesh();
originalMesh.BakeMesh(bakedMesh);

AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(bakedMesh, "Assets/bakedMesh.asset");
AssetDatabase.SaveAssets();

blueprint.inputMesh = bakedMesh;

yield return updatedBlueprint.Generate();

[Image: blueprint_obi.jpg]

How can we copy each property and particle group from the original blueprint to the new generated blueprint?

What is the right way to achieve this at runtime using scripts?

How should we go through the list of particles of the original blueprint, to read and copy each property and group?

Should we first generate the new blueprint for the updated baked mesh, and then edit the property and group of each particle?

We would appreciate your help in doing this.

Thanks in advance!

PD: Le agradeceremos muchísimo si por favor nos respondiera pronto, pues es lo único que nos falta para terminar el proyecto.

Print this item

Raycast to detect Softbody
Posted by: maceb - 20-08-2020, 10:31 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hello Jose,

I'm wondering how I can perform a Raycast to detect if it is colliding with a Softbody.

Perhaps I can create a MeshCollider component and update it to match the current deformation of the Softbody's mesh and detect if the Raycast is colliding with that. Not sure how to get the current deformed mesh of the Softbody if this is even possible/the best option.

Thank you!

Print this item

Shorten the rope length
Posted by: methicillin - 20-08-2020, 08:27 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi Dear Obi Masters,

I want reduce my rope length from around 20 meters to 4 meters for reaching tense ropes. Is there any way to reduce their length without losing current blueprints. I tried to scale down obi solver but rope behaviour does not change. I made at least 35 specific blueprints and i do not want to lose them all. I would be so appreciated if you can help me with this.

Cheers,

Print this item

Creating crying tears on skinned mesh
Posted by: Necka - 20-08-2020, 02:07 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hello,

I do not own Obi fluid yet (I do own a few of your other assets though, so I know how good they are)

I'm desperately looking for a nice solution to create tears (crying character), blood dropping from a wound or even things like Sweating or rain over a face.

While looking on your youtube channel I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDwaPsy4k4 and got excited that it was indeed possible.

But then I saw the description that it's a toy project and not actual part of Obi Fluid.

But maybe my requirements can be fulfilled with Obi Fluid. I do not need to actually replace my Character skin shader (if possible) for this anyway

Does Obi Fluid have the possibility for what I'm asking for here? if yes could you briefly explain the steps (in high level if it's not too complex)

If not, would the shader from the video capable of doing that? And if so, do you plan to release it anytime soon? Sonrisa

Thank you by advance for your reply!

Print this item

Install for HDRP?
Posted by: cloverme - 20-08-2020, 01:40 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi,

What's the installation process for an HDRP project? 

Thanks

Print this item

Physiology model
Posted by: jagiellonczyk14 - 19-08-2020, 06:17 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

I am thinking about creating an advanced Physiology model  in the span of 1-2 years .
I will need to buy all your packages and I understand that until I will pay for your expertise I will not get detailed answer (and it is fair), I just need to know is it possible at all .

[Image: jbyPvTw3UZysn3F_bt8aCv4hP6iwwnAu7Gw0xJ-J..._TdiBrRvgA]
Those blue shapes are cells I would like to use cloth and water package to simulate situation that :

1. pressures in the cells are changing hence they can stretch, and this stretching will affect cells around
    2. I would like to program how strongly cells are connected (glued) together so after reaching some threshold they will lose contact
    3. Stretching of the cells should also affect space between them, so for example obstructing small blood vessels.
I want cell membrane (cloth around cell) to be destructible
    1. I would like to be able to regulate the force threshold after which it will burst , so different cells may have different strength
I want to mimic fluid/blood flow 
    1. As you can see i this space between cells in the center as a model of blood/lymphatic vessels - i would like to get situation that a fluid will flow through the vessels only when pressure of fluid (blood) exceeds pressure in the cells (bulging cells should obstruct flow)
    2. In case of obstacles (for example like this yellow shape at the bottom) I would like to make the fluid flow turbulent hence less effective
    3. I would like also to be able how much of blood is flowing through some area in order to estimate how much for example oxygen it had brought
    4. If possible I would like to be able to model adhesion so I have some force of flowing blood depending on pressure I have some force that causes body (blood cell) to attach to the vessel wall as shown here[Image: sYxiCKkA46vk2tyCzcaima3r4lkfk_TSWa80JaCQ...cYL10Vsdqv] Obviously if blood flow is too fast the cell should not be able to attach to the vessel wall if blood flow is slower, and adhesive force big enough should adhere.
External forces
    1. There may also be external forces like gravity - so will need to model that pressure in tissues lower is higher than those that are higher …
    2. External poking, incisions … so it will disintegrate or not depending on programmed factors like cell toughness and force of connections between cells
Cytoskeleton
    1. Cells also have some cytoskeleton that gives them some elasticity so they behave more like a soft body with variable elasticity , However when cell membrane is ruptured it behaves more like a balloon ruptured.  And when it swells it is partly constrained by the elastic cytoskeleton partly  by the cell membrane.So I would like to program elasticity of the cells.
Hard tissues and tendons
    1. As the amount of cells progresses I would like to also mimic the behaviour of soft tissues around bones connected with tendons (your rope package).
Optimizations
    1. Model will start from single cell in that case I will wrap all in cloth and keep internal organelles as soft bodies that are floating in fluid - should be manageable as far as I had seen your animations
    2. Later on as amount of cells will increase the computations needed to manage it all will be unsustainable so i would want to

1. Replace actual physics of inside of the cell with prefabricated animation and keep it just as a sacks of fluids that are connected with some preprogrammed force and that has some pressure inside the same in whole section
      2. Than if amount of cells will further increase get animations of whole sections and just animate sections of tissues as soft bodies
      3. Or is it possible to programmatically dynamically reduce the granularity of physics control when zoom pit and Ingress when zooming in ?
Buoyancy
    1. Also organism as a whole will be suspended in water so i need to keep buoyancy correct (Although I suppose that It will be relatively simple)
Cross Section
    1. if I would make it as 3d model I will need to show cross sections through some areas  (this may also be a problem because I would need to make visible some layer of the cell , hover physics would need to keep behaving as having organism as a whole so for example I would like to get cross section through blood vessel and show it to user but blood should not flow out until it is actually ruptured, also when looking at cross section of the cell physics needs to behave consistently.
2D/3d
    1. Obviously it will be far more realistic  to make it as 3d model but obviously it will require far more computational power, However I do not know How much more, so if I think about desktop computer (Let’s make it probable desktop computational power in 4 years) will it possible to manage what I intend in 3d if not in 2d? Does your library work in 2d?

My Background: I am programming for 4 years now (Kotlin, javascript, java, python, some C#) , However I did only tiny game in Unity, so my knowledge in area of games, animations, physics modelling  is limited for now However learning is something that I am well practiced in , I am also lecturer at university where I teached between others physiology, neurology, pathophysiology  and anatomy. 

You are advertising also as a CPU library, to be honest I do not understand why it is so good (surely my question is caused by my ignorance) but from math perspective I suppose that physics animations are like highly advanced complex matrix operations, and matrix operations are usually better suited to GPU 

Also I want to stress that it will be used for educational not scientific purposes so I do not need absolute correctness , just to make it look and behave quite realistically. I know that some models are already present and possible to purchase by universities but They do not show all of the things that I would like to implement, Hence my inquiry. I intend to  first do some demo and then try to get on its basis funding to hire some help. However first is it possible to do in unity what i describe below using your technologies. 

Print this item

Force re-generation of the cloth by script
Posted by: nexar - 19-08-2020, 05:57 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi there,

I have read that Obi Cloth is not compatible with blendshapes. Because blend shapes change the "rest state" of the cloth, that would involve re-generating the cloth from scratch every time the blend factors change which is very expensive.

But, in our project we have a mannequin that changes their blendshapes only one time.
Is there a way to force the re-generation of the cloth by script, even if is expensive?

We are using Obi Cloth 5.3 on Unity 2019.3.3f1

Thanks in advance!

PD: Can I ask you the questions in spanish?

Print this item

Increasing FPS
Posted by: 0xhex - 18-08-2020, 11:21 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

How can i increase fps for obi fluid?
Some android devices have a fps problem while i am using low settings

[Image: KypLko.png]

Print this item

Tense rope for IOS and Attachment Issue
Posted by: methicillin - 18-08-2020, 08:17 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi Gentlemen,

I am using Obi Rope 5.4 Package for a hypercasual game on IOS with my team. This package is amazing but I am struggling with a couple of problems and I hope that you can help me.

1-) I need a really tense rope like rubber band with zero stretch. I saw on the forum if i increase substeps of the obi solver, it will gave me that but then it really effects the performance. Can you give me an example of constraints and proper substep count on solver, just to reach that tense rope structure that does not causes performance issues.

2-) Some of my ropes does not attach to target objects even though there is an attachment on them. Everything is the same with my ropes but sometimes they not attach.

I am really appreciated  about your help and time. 

Kind Regards

Print this item

Pregunta Burst Safety Checks
Posted by: Kristaps - 17-08-2020, 06:51 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hello,
Sonrisa 
Thanks for the latest release!
You've done an awesome job!

Played around with the latest release and stumbled on some errors with Jobs/Burst.

Should Burst Safety Checks be enabled or disabled?
( by default they are enabled )

Asking because if they are enabled - I get array index errors and everything breaks!

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index {0} is out of range of '{1}' Length.
Thrown from job: Obi.BurstColliderWorld.IdentifyMovingColliders
This Exception was thrown from a job compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support. Turn off burst (Jobs -> Burst -> Enable Compilation) to inspect full exceptions & stacktraces.
Should it be so or I'm missing something?

P.S. ( If Burst Safety Checks are disabled all works fine )

P.S.S ( This is the full stack )

Code:
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 34 is out of range of '34' Length.
Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].FailOutOfRangeError (System.Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/NativeArray/NativeArray.cs:255)
Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].CheckElementReadAccess (System.Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/NativeArray/NativeArray.cs:115)
Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/NativeArray/NativeArray.cs:140)
Obi.BurstColliderWorld+IdentifyMovingColliders.Execute (System.Int32 i) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Burst/Collisions/BurstColliderWorld.cs:135)
Unity.Jobs.IJobParallelForExtensions+ParallelForJobStruct`1[T].Execute (T& jobData, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Jobs/Managed/IJobParallelFor.cs:44)
Unity.Jobs.JobHandle:ScheduleBatchedJobsAndComplete(JobHandle&)
Unity.Jobs.JobHandle:Complete() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Jobs/ScriptBindings/JobHandle.bindings.cs:20)
Obi.BurstColliderWorld:UpdateWorld() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Burst/Collisions/BurstColliderWorld.cs:112)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld:UpdateWorld() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:376)
Obi.ObiUpdater:BeginStep(Single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

Print this item