» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 130

Rope grapplig hook
Posted by: illustrator - 11-08-2020, 07:10 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi

Is it possible to limit the grappling hook grab distance? If not could you improve the script Grappling hook script to allow this?

Print this item

Creating a bungee cord between two objects
Posted by: Bluerex - 10-08-2020, 05:11 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi,

I am trying to create a bungee cord between two objects that can have opposite resistances. When one object pulls too far, the bungee spring effect snaps in and brings the two objects together using physics.

I've gotten reasonable results with Obi doing this, but nothing has felt perfect... I am pretty new to Obi Rope so I was just hoping someone could throw some me some pointers on how to achieve this:

• Connect a rope between two objects
  • Have the rope length be finite
  • When the rope is stretched too far, it 'snaps back' (instead of breaking)
  • This causes the two objects to snap towards each other using physics
As a bonus, I'd like to play with the idea that the rope still acts as a cord between the two objects, but doesn't interact with other objects in the scene.

Thanks for the help!

Print this item

Incorrect rope display in Unity Editor
Posted by: e1tero - 10-08-2020, 04:54 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hello everyone, I got an error displaying laces in Unity Editor,but when I make a build for android, everything is displayed perfectly there. What could be the problem? In attachments I have attached screenshots of how it looks in the editor and on the phone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

How do I add length in runtime?
Posted by: voodoo-bird - 10-08-2020, 02:56 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

How do I add/reduce length to a rope in runtime? The Youtube tutorials don't cover this.

I use Playmaker. Advise directly for this would be most helpful, but otherwise let me know the normal script/component way and I can figure it out from there. 

Thanks.

Print this item

How do I generate new ropes during runtime?
Posted by: MLAnimation - 08-08-2020, 11:06 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I've been looking here: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ctors.html for a guide on how to generate ropes during runtime. But I've run into an issue.

In the second section called "Creating Blueprints" when I use the code on the site, I get an error that I don't know how to fix.

Code:
var blueprint = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ObiRopeBlueprint>();

It seems that unity doesn't understand what "blueprint" means. I put "using Obi;" at the start of my script as I needed a way to use the code found in "Creating a Solver" and it allowed that to read all the stuff used to generate a solver. But when it comes to creating a blueprint Unity just doesn't know what to do.

Does anyone have a solution too this? It's pretty important for my game to be able to generate ropes during the game, but it's just strange how the sample code listed on the official documentation doesn't seem too work.

Print this item

Mesh Collider not working But Box Collider
Posted by: 0xhex - 08-08-2020, 12:56 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

[SOLVED]

Hello,when i use mesh collider on my object it is not working,when i add box collider it collides with fluids

what can be a problem?

[Image: NFWRUq.png]

Print this item

Sorprendido Softbody falls through collider at times, is this a bug?
Posted by: arrnav96 - 08-08-2020, 02:07 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

So my softbody collision setup works well (Obi colliders in different phases). My scene setup is simple : A softbody object falls onto a table surface. The problem is, upon building to an android device, sometimes, the object just falls through the table, completely ignoring any collision with that table. 

It happens randomly after 10-12 spawned softbodies - But once it starts happening, the collision ignoring doesn't stop. From thereon, any further softbodies spawned (completely fresh prefabs with newly instantiated solvers) stop interacting with the table at all. The game has to be closed and restarted for table collision to work again temporarily until problem repeats.

Now before you blame the obi collision phases, I have checked and double checked and all instantiated objects are on phases other than the table's phase at all times.

One thing I did note is due to quicker iteration times to debug, I normally use the Quick Enter Play mode feature in Unity a lot (which disables Domain Reload). But Obi collision completely fails instantly if Domain reload is disabled. If I enable Domain reload again, collisions seem to work again.

But regardless of Domain reload on or off in the editor, on the built APK, as mentioned above, the collisions start to fail after a point. It's unpredictable. To make sure, I rebuilt the APK with Domain reload On within the Editor, but same results.

Also, not sure if it's worth mentioning but I'm using different gravity values for the game. The main Physics system has a gravity value of -69.8 and the solver for each softbody is using -39.8. Could such values create issues?

I'm completely lost here, as the scene setup seems fine and I just don't understand why collisions randomly stop working after a point in builds for no reason. No scripts alter the Table's Obi Collider component or it's phase at any point. It behaves as if Domain Reload has been turned off after a point.

What is happening here? Is there any way to force collisions to work within build again? Maybe force domain reload on each spawn? Is domain reload even the culprit here? I don't see how, that's supposed to be within Editor only.

Please help

Print this item

Pregunta How to create a new particle group
Posted by: Alsomitra - 08-08-2020, 12:58 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hey,
I'm trying to make a puppet that hangs on a string.
I'm referring to the FreightLift scene.
First I used string to connect the stick and the head.
I made the upper particle group UpperCenter.
The lower particle group is the Head.
Next I copied the string.
I tried to create a new particle group to connect the sticks and hands with string, but I can't create it.
It just changes the name of the Head.
When I try to connect the bottom end of the string to the doll's hand, the bottom end of the head string also moves.
I may have misunderstood.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me a good way to create a new particle group.
Thank you very much.

Print this item

Getting forces on Obi colliders
Posted by: Oybsan - 07-08-2020, 11:57 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'd like to read forces applied by a cloth, on a collider. Is there any fonction allowing me to do that ?

Thanks,

Oybsan.

Print this item

Pregunta Obi Stitcher 's problem
Posted by: jackdos - 06-08-2020, 12:24 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (10)

When I sewing the two meshes together with obi Stitcher, I could see the bounding box of Obi Solver's solution has changed, but the two meshes did not change. I don't know why.
as figure.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u_mmgF...0-h1005-rw

Print this item