» Replies: 2
» Views: 108
License
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: bad.penny.games
19-03-2024, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 6,815

Pregunta Particle control, ragdoll, skinning.
Posted by: illinar - 24-07-2020, 09:34 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - No Replies

Hello. I'm trying to figure out if this asset will meet my requirements. 

I have a skinned mesh rag doll that I need to be partially a soft body. 

1. Can I attach particles to rigidbodies and transforms? Can I attach particles of one soft body to multiple rigidbodies? 
  2. Can I have multiple soft bodies per one skinned mesh?
  3. Do I understand correctly that I will have full control over soft body's properties via script? For example I want to change stiffness dynamically depending on a pose or muscle flex. Will that have no negative impact on the performance of simulation?
  4. I need to manually adjust resting position of the particles depending on the pose. Is that possible?

Print this item

Can I set a max length?
Posted by: DanVioletStorm - 23-07-2020, 09:54 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I have an item that is bouncing around, tethered by an Obi rope to a location.  The rope works, but it appears to have no limit to its length. I could find no setting that manipulate the length settings. The bouncing items keeps applying force in random directions. The tethering is supposed to limit its impact radius.  do the cables have a stretch limiter, I.e. can I set it to 0?  Thanks.

Print this item

Rope physics unstable
Posted by: earagon088 - 23-07-2020, 10:56 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hello,

I've been trying to make a grapple gun with physics that are intuitive and at least somewhat realistic. I found your rope tech demo and figured it would be exactly what i need, however, i've been having trouble getting it to behave the way i want to, and have even had a few instances of it launching rigid bodies several orders of magnitude away from the game space.

So to start off, my basic set up was a rope connected to a rigid body and a nonRigidBody collider, i have a ObiRopeCurser set to 0,0,true IIRC and a script that runs Cursor.changeLength(rope.restLength +/- K*time.deltaTime) dependent on the player input. After a little bit of trouble shooting i got the correct attachment components and got a basic pendulum working. However the rope was extremely bouncy and stretchy, furthermore pressing the inputs seems to cause the rope to clump up near the beginning before the solver can find a solution where they're better spread out, but in doing so it will add a lot of kinetic energy to the rope, and cause the pendulum to flail about in a completely unstable fashion. Trying to reel the rope in has a different effect, it will make a ton of tension where the rope particles are being eaten, which seems to build up energy for a moment, until it reaches the other side of the rope where the rigid body is, in which time it will launch the rigidbody at an high speeds towards where the rope cursor is. Even if i just tap the reel in key, it will barely change the rope length, but the rigid body will still get launched.

At this point i remembered the tether component from the pendulum video, and how easy, intuitive, and just overall effective it was at achieving its purpose, but in looking for a way to implement it, i found that its interface has changed massively. All of the previous options replaces with a standardized few. Ive been playing around with it for awhile now, but with the few options provided in the solvers constraint menu i wasn't able to make any noticable change in its stiffness. i've tried a host of other options including increasing the rope thickness, changing the materials/template values, disabling/tweaking the other constraints in a massive variety of ways, increasing the number of substeps & enabling the unity physics substep option, increasing dampening, bend/stretch settings in the rope instance, changing where i put the rope cursor, and i've honestly no idea where to go from here.

Ive seen here on the forums its often recommended to increase the iterations (for the tether constraint) and substep count, but increasing the iterations doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect, and enabling the unity physics substeps and increasing the substep count will change the phsyics of the world in a way that makes it unusable (character jumps significantly higher, walk speed massively decreased, etc). Also it crashed 3 different times last night, i'd happily provide the crash reports if i can access them. But for right now, i'm looking into other options. I would love to use your ropes the way they're shown in your videos, i bet they would make a fantastic harpoon/tether grapple gun, but as of yet, i'm not able to recreate what i've seen.

An album of some short 30 second videos of my setup: https://imgur.com/a/z4aaDqs

Print this item

No editor tools...
Posted by: DanVioletStorm - 22-07-2020, 03:25 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

1st time obi user. 
Added OBI Rope 5.3 to my project in Unity 2019.4.4f1 LTS. 
Added 3D Object/Obi/Obi Rope.
Added Freight lift cable for blueprint.
Their are no editing tools.
Clicked Edit Path
Their are still no editing tools. 
I am expecting them in the scene editor window.  

Am I doing something wrong?

Print this item

How to Simulate taking off the cloth
Posted by: ificlim - 22-07-2020, 12:14 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I am doing a project that need to simulate taking off the cloth ,i use the skinned cloth but it seems hard to taking off the cloth,it just keeping the position on the body, no matter i use the obi paticle dragger or obi collidergrabber,it doesn't work like i test in the normal cloth case.is there any suggestion on how to simulate taking off the cloth? looking forward to your help;

Print this item

Pulley with Obi rope
Posted by: adrianaa97 - 22-07-2020, 11:59 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

So i'm trying to simulate a pulley using the Obi rope asset.

The cubes are rigidbody with a mass of 100 (it seems that the greater the mass the better the dynamic result though I have no idea why). They are attached to the rope using Obi particle attachment (dynamic).

The pulley is made with 3 cyllinders: rigidbody and Obi collider so that the rope can collide with them.

It seems that the rope bounces against the pulley and then it all goes crazy. Any idea how to solve that??

Or is it another better way to simulate a pulley??

Print this item

Force zone not working
Posted by: vannorman - 21-07-2020, 03:39 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hello,

I want to use force zones, so I put the Spherical Force Zone on a script in a scene with Obi. However, it does not have any effect no matter its size, parameters, or position. How can I see the effect of this Force Zone?

I attached a video showing me using the Spherical Force Zone in the editor with no effect.

Thanks

Charlie

Print this item

Can I view Obi Fluid in the SCENE window?
Posted by: vannorman - 21-07-2020, 03:11 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hi,

I can only see it in the "Play Mode" window. Is there a way to render it in the Scene window as well?
Since there's lots of magic going on I assume this might not be possible, but it didn't explicitly say that it wasn't visible in editor, so figured maybe there was a toggle or something I missed

Thanks

Charlie

Print this item

Setting the minimum weight needed to make a rope stretch
Posted by: Cheo13 - 20-07-2020, 04:06 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello, I'm currently trying to reproduce the hanged men physics from The Witcher 3 with Obi Rope, and my main issue right now is the stretching of my ropes caused by the weight of rigidbodies attached to them. Is there some sort of strength parameter preventing the rope from being stretched by a dynamic attachment until its mass reaches a threshold ? For example, in the Chains sample scene, is it possible to let the chains start stretching only if the ball's rigidbody mass reaches 100 ?
If there is such a parameter, I assure you I will finish recreating The Witcher's rope physics and share the result ! Any way, I hope you can help me and I wish a good day !

Print this item

Will Obi Rope be suitable for our needs
Posted by: Tset_Tsyung - 19-07-2020, 05:20 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hi all,

Looking to get Obi Rope for our current training simulation, but need to know if it will be suitable for our needs first.

Currently running Unity 2020.1.0b10 (Needed the articulation bodies).

Our project consists of a crane system that runs on a track.  It uses Articulation bodies for the track as well as the robotic arm attached to the crane.  There is also a winch system to be used - it's this system we are considering Obi Rope for.

We need to be able to use the articulation bodies for the arm, and 'grabber' at the end of the arm [currently this is working Gran sonrisa ].  We also need the winch (with hook at the end) to be able to reel in and out, be able to be grabbed by the 'grabber' on the robotic arm for precise manipulation and then be able to have further objects attached to the end for it to fulfill it's purpose.

Will Obi Rope be not only suitable for this need, but also be compatible with our current setup. Or are the articulation bodies and the Obi Rope systems completely incompatible with each other?

We're aware that some refactoring will be needed for the articulation bodies to be usable with the Obi Rope system.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

T.T.

Print this item