» Views: 2,449
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 132

How to obtain Stright rope
Posted by: flaurens - 26-08-2020, 12:18 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi! I have a doubt regarding the stright of a rope.

I'm trying to create a stright rope between two rigidbodies. So once I start the game I want that rope to has it's "max" length, the issue is that when I press play button the rope always falls (in its middle part) a little bit to the ground so I never get the stright rope that I want. What are the best parameters to modify in order to obtain that behaviour? Both rigidbies have a mass of 1 and the rope is composed by 2 control points of mass 0.1.

ObiSolver has:
Dampoing: 0.9
ShockPropagation: 0
MaxAnisotropy: 3

The ObiFixedUpdater has the Substeps set to 1.

Regards!

Print this item

ObiRope Thickness Scale Problem
Posted by: yusufer - 26-08-2020, 11:39 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi everyone,
ı am using ObiRope in my project. ı have some problem with thickness scale. The way ı use rope is that firstly ı am changing the rope length then make it's invmass zero so rope become like drawing. But sometimes rope's thickness scale and rope section change undesirable way. Do you know the reason? I added screen shots to attachments.
Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Apply force to a certain element of the rope
Posted by: flaurens - 25-08-2020, 11:53 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi!

I'm interested on knowing how to apply a certain force to a certain element of the rope.
I let the player cut the rope by doing:

Code:
            rope.Tear(rope.elements[IndexToBreak]);
            rope.RebuildConstraintsFromElements();

What I want is to apply a certain amount of force to IndexToBreak in order to simulate that the "cut" has been produced. Right now when the rope is cut it falls normally.

I read from the documentation that I have to set the inverse mass of that element to zero and then apply the force that I want, but if I do that the element that I set its mass to zero gets freeze. What is the best approach in that case? Save the previous mass, set mass to zero, apply force and then set mass to the previous value?

Regards!

Print this item

Dress does not fall linearly
Posted by: nexar - 25-08-2020, 07:09 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Dear Jose,

Again, thank you very much for your help. Gran sonrisa

Finally what we decided to do next:

1) We manually made a copy of the original Blueprint ("blueprintCopy").

2) We generated a temporary blueprint ("blendShapeTemporal"), based on the bakedMesh obtained from the mesh with the blensdhapes applied.

3) We only copy the attributes "positions" and "restPositions" from the blueprintTemporal to the blueprintCopy.

Code:
for (int i = 0; i < blueprintCopy.particleCount; ++i)
{
            blueprintCopy.positions[i] = blueprintTemporal.positions[i];
            blueprintCopy.restPositions[i] = blueprintTemporal.restPositions[i];
}

4) we assign the blueprintCopy to the cloth.

Code:
vestidoCloth.skinnedClothBlueprint = blueprintCopy;

This way we get a blueprint with the positions of the particles based on the mesh with the blendshapes applied, and keeping the other attributes according to the original blendshape.

With that we get the following result:

[Image: blueprint_nuevo_2.jpg]

[Image: blueprint_nuevo.jpg]

Regarding this, we have the following questions:

- Why does the dress not fall in a linear way from the border when the "skin radius" is greater than zero (following the location of the particles defined in the blueprint), but rather falls into the shape of the dress?

- How can we make the dress fall linearly downwards when the "skin radius" is greater than zero, preventing the dress from going inside?

- What is the correct way to copy a blendshape using the Instantiate() method? Could you please give us an example of its use?

- If we only want to change the location of the particles (according to the mesh with the blenshapes applied) and keep the rest of the attributes of the blueprint, is it correct to only copy the "positions" and "restPositions" attributes, or should we copy something else?
Thank you in advance for your help!
PD: Le enviamos por e-mail esta misma consulta en español. Desde ya le agradeceremos su ayuda, pues estamos entrampados con esto. Huh

Print this item

Exclamación Cloth soft body Balls invisible
Posted by: rexcheung - 25-08-2020, 05:22 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (8)

I just bought the asset and it looks great.
However, the scene "Cloth soft body" seems that it has some problems. 

The ball are invisible and but the parent solver shape changes when scene starts.
I am using unity 2019.4.8f1 LTS. I trial the package at 2020.1.3f1 as well
Please advise how to fix it. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Converting fluid into ice mesh
Posted by: LaurieCheers - 24-08-2020, 07:36 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hi. After my fluid simulation has settled, I want to freeze it. The scene will potentially contain a lot of ice at any given time, but a limited amount of flowing liquid, so for efficiency I'm guessing the best thing to do is to create a mesh from the fluid surface at the moment it freezes.

So my idea is to grab all the particle positions, write them to a grid and run a Marching Cubes algorithm; does that seem feasible? Am I reinventing the wheel in making a feature Obi already has? And is there anything I need to know about how to interpret the Obi parameters, in order to for the ice mesh to look as similar as possible to the original fluid? (e.g. I'm unsure how to simulate Thickness Cutoff...)

Print this item

Exclamación Softbody Collision issue!
Posted by: Kifwat - 24-08-2020, 04:17 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (5)

Hello,

I have an issue with the softbody object that didn't collide correctly with other softbody or with obi collider surfaces, is the collision happen based on the particles or based on the bounds of the object? because I see that the system is considering the object as a cube even if it has some edges and empty areas!

Thank you,

Print this item

SOLVED - Rotating Obi Collider smears my rubber ball
Posted by: the-lander - 24-08-2020, 04:15 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (6)

Hi! 

I'm using a Volume blueprint (Surface blueprint works the same) on the ball and an Obi Collider on the pole. The pole is rotated via transform.Rotate. When the pole hits the ball it moves through it and smears it like a jelly. Can you help me, please, to achieve the effect from this Obi video https://youtu.be/-qaQETsXeWA?t=49 ? I want the poles to push the ball without getting into it.

Print this item

Gran sonrisa Force reload a new blueprint and save it to a file
Posted by: nexar - 24-08-2020, 06:04 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Dear Jose,

Thank you very much for your last quick response, and for your kind disposition to help us.
I'm sorry to bother you again, but we really need your help. Ángel

It seems that we are not doing well in reassigning the new Blueprint to the "Obi SkinnedCloth" component, because after the process the dress behaves as if it were completely flexible (and ends up falling off completely). However, the original blueprint had a rigid zone (with skin radius = 0) and another flexible zone.

[Image: blueprint_obi2.jpg]

Therefore, we wanted to ask you for help with the following questions:

- How could we save the new Blueprint (with the updated properties and groups) in a different file, so that we could open it later? Currently we are only creating it as a memory object.

- What is the right way to reassign the new Blueprint to the "Obi SkinnedCloth" component, and force it to reload?
(As we didn't find the "set" option for the "blueprint" property of the "Obi SkinnedCloth" class, we changed the "m_SkinnedClothBlueprint" property from protected to public, and re-assigned it to the new generated blueprint).

- Currently we have initially deactivated the components "Obi SkinnedCloth" and "Obi SkinnedCloth Renderer", and, in addition, the component "Obi SkinnedCloth" already has in the editor defined the reference to an existing blueprint, which we update with the new values, and after that we activate both components. But it seems that this is not working...
Is there a correct way to pause the Solver, or do we just have to deactivate these components while updating the blueprint, and then reactivate them, in order to force the reading of the new blueprint?

Thank you in advance, for your patience and for your help! Gran sonrisa

PD: De antemano, le agradeceremos poder recibir su ayuda, pues esto es lo último que nos falta para terminar.  Huh

Print this item

Undo Tear
Posted by: flaurens - 21-08-2020, 03:34 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi everyone!
I recently discovered the Tear function which is perfect for our game in order to cut the rope between two game objects.
Our other feature is to be able to undo that tear by progressively moving one of the cut ropes to its other fragment until they are linked again.
Is that something achievable with the current version of ObiRope?

Thanks in advance!

Print this item