Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Compatibility with Fluxy
Triste 
Hello. My project breaks and opens only in safe mode after installing Obi Rope. I believe it has something to do with Fluxy as I have it in the project too and one of the errors mentioned Fluxy. I've never had this error with Fluxy before. 

I've deleted the Fluxy character controller folder in samples that produced the error, error disappeared, but I still get these 2 other errors, I'm stuck and the project is broken, unfortunately. 

1. Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Backends\Burst\DataStructures\NativeMultilevelGrid.cs(74,46): error CS1061: 'UnsafeList<K>' does not contain a definition for 'length' and no accessible extension method 'length' accepting a first argument of type 'UnsafeList<K>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2. Failed to find entry-points:
Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Obi.Editor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Exception: Failed to resolve assembly 'Obi.Editor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in directories: C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.3.21f1\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\unityjit-win32

Full error makes flags this message and doesn't let me post it. So I can pm it to you if requested

Unity 2022.3.21
(27-04-2024, 01:05 AM)Crystalius Wrote: Hello. My project breaks and opens only in safe mode after installing Obi Rope. I believe it has something to do with Fluxy as I have it in the project too and one of the errors mentioned Fluxy. I've never had this error with Fluxy before. 

I've deleted the Fluxy character controller folder in samples that produced the error, error disappeared, but I still get these 2 other errors, I'm stuck and the project is broken, unfortunately. 

1. Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Backends\Burst\DataStructures\NativeMultilevelGrid.cs(74,46): error CS1061: 'UnsafeList<K>' does not contain a definition for 'length' and no accessible extension method 'length' accepting a first argument of type 'UnsafeList<K>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2. Failed to find entry-points:
Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Obi.Editor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Exception: Failed to resolve assembly 'Obi.Editor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in directories: C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.3.21f1\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\unityjit-win32

Full error makes flags this message and doesn't let me post it. So I can pm it to you if requested

Unity 2022.3.21

Hi,

Your version of the Collections package doesn’t define the “length” property for UnsafeList<K>. It will probably be Length with capital L instead.

You can open up NativeMultilevelGrid.cs, and replace length with Length in line 76 as the error message suggests (may be necessary to change it in some other lines too). That will solve the first error.

The second error means the Obi.Editor namespace cannot be resolved. Is there a /Obi/Editor folder present in your project?

Kind regards,
(27-04-2024, 07:05 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Your version of the Collections package doesn’t define the “length” property for UnsafeList<K>. It will probably be Length with capital L instead.

You can open up NativeMultilevelGrid.cs, and replace length with Length in line 76 as the error message suggests (may be necessary to change it in some other lines too). That will solve the first error.

The second error means the Obi.Editor namespace cannot be resolved. Is there a /Obi/Editor folder present in your project?

Kind regards,

Thank you for the swift reply. Issue resolved. Does it not happen for all users? Did the automatic Unity API changer fail here?

Also, the Fluxy issue happened because Obi offered to change some Fluxy's files and I just imported it all the first time carelessly. Attaching a screenshot how it looked like. Maybe it's a Unity bug or your relation to Fluxy could be a factor.

[Image: Untitled.png]

/Obi/Editor error disappeared without taking any direct action.

Have a good day!