» Views: 80
OBI7 Surface Texture Rend...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: spikebor
21-05-2024, 03:04 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 914

Pregunta How to move an obi rope to another scene
Posted by: KnotANumber - 20-12-2020, 09:18 PM - Forum: General - Replies (10)

Hi! In my project, the player is an Obi Rope, and I encountered cases where I need to move the player to another scene which is loaded on top of the first, without despawning and respawning it. I was wondering if this is possible and if so, what is the process?

I see that Obi is creating a Burst/ObiColliderWorld in the scene where the player is at first, so I assume the new scene would probably need to have a Burst/ObiColliderWorld or I need to move the Burst/ObiColliderWorld with the player and I probably need to call some function to some how re-initialize it?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Print this item

how to change the 'Obi Solver' gravity ?
Posted by: ayoubb20 - 19-12-2020, 10:01 AM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hi there ,
I am trying to customize the gravity through script when the player press on a key
the script works well , 
and the values of the gravity is changing in the inspector well.

but the problem is that the effect of the changed values is not applied in the scene
as if you can see here is the normal values that i set mannualy before running .
Image normal Values (-3 , 0 , 0 )
and here when i clicked on a key the values has been changed changed Values (6 , 1 )
( as if you can see the fluid does not change its direction , that is the problem  Huh)

but i observed a thing that when i pause the 'Play mode' and change around the values of other variables and resume 'Play mode'  the direction 
is changing smoothly to the changed values  (6 , 1 )

here is an example : 
- i changed the 'Interpolation' from None to Interpolate 
- and problem was solved .

but i need a way to change it automatically with the script if it is possible 

(thanks in advance  Corazón)

Print this item

Grab ball that is attached to rope
Posted by: Navvv - 19-12-2020, 03:53 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hello,

So I have a ball attached to a rope that is attached to a pole. I don't want to grab the rope directly, but I want the user to be able to grab the ball that is attached to the rope and throw it around. Currently, when I try to move the ball transform in the editor view during runtime, it does not work very smoothly. If I change the ball transform too much, it glitches out and the rope spazzes out. I have checked to make sure the ball and rope are not colliding. Even in the "chains" demo, I tested it and if you try to move the ball during runtime via the editor it glitches out the rope and the rope flies everywhere. Please if you could give me some advice that would be very much appreciated.

Print this item

Rope Walking
Posted by: khushildep - 19-12-2020, 01:58 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Does anyone have an idea on how to get a character with a capsule collider and an obi collider added to walk on a rope? I can't seem to jump on the rope at all and when I land on it from above, I just fall through it...

Print this item

Final IK Lag no animator
Posted by: fluidman84 - 18-12-2020, 11:03 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hello. I'm setting up obi Cloth on a character that is setup with Final IK. I've read the other forum posts that refer to this update issue with Final IK, but my setup is slightly different, and none of the script execution order changes have fixed it.  I am not using an animator on the root of the character, only the Full Body IK component.

[Image: bIl9ANP.png]

[Image: swQSUvk.png]

I've optimized all of the particles in the top of the clothing that should be 100% skinned, but they continue to lag with any simulation settings. Can anything be done to fix this issue?

Print this item

Log issue
Posted by: LogaNRV - 18-12-2020, 09:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi, maybe this is a non issue, but I prefer to report it anyway..

I had this problem only once, where this log was spammed so much that the game was unplayable on the editor:

I had a hanging cloth in the scene that was hit by a sphere with a collider/rigidbody plus an obicollider/obirigidbody.
The sphere was moving fast and the cloth disappeared when hit. Then the log started.

But I said this may be a non issue, because I had a second sphere in the scene that was a duplicate from the first one.
The problem was that the second sphere ObiCollider was still referencing the sphere collider from the first sphere.
So maybe that was the issue or maybe not Sonrisa

Regards.

Print this item

could not add Obi rope with fluid rope
Posted by: ayoubb20 - 18-12-2020, 04:11 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hi there , 
I have Obi fluid in my project , and
whenever i try to import Obi rope in the same project it does not allow me to check all the components of the script when 
i try to check a one automatically the check mark removed automatically image
[Image: view?usp=sharing] (the Image)
except some of the components .
and when i click import , the following pop-up below appears image  [Image: view?usp=sharing]
when i clicked on 'Force Quit' unity quited , but when i went back and reimpot the asset .
and when i clicked cancel. unity imported the checked components and these bunch of errors appered 
[Image: view?usp=sharing]

Print this item

FirstPersonLauncher with Softbody itself
Posted by: nbac85 - 18-12-2020, 11:59 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

Hey i would like to shoot some softbodies.
so i want to do a mix between the actor spawner and the fps launcher.
the softbody does not have a rigidbody so how do apply initial velocity to the particles?
i did pose the whales with obi
and now i need to shoot crabs.
https://vimeo.com/492231983

Print this item

Simple and efficient way to make Obi Fluid rise/lower in a cylinder container
Posted by: zkkzkk32312 - 18-12-2020, 05:58 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (7)

Hello,

I am looking for some help to make a simple Oil Fluid project that are

-Contained in a cylinder container for its entire life (liquid in a tank)
-Has the ability to rise up and lower down (to the max height of the tank or to empty tank)
-Uses the less amount of resources because of the limited functionality required as listed above

So far I was able to use the burst mesh emitter to fill the tank when the scene start
but I am getting terrible FPS from the blueprint that I am using (this is my assumption, my blueprint's settings is the problem?)
240 fps vs 20 fps when the sovler is enabled vs disabled

josemendez if you can give me any hint it will be awsome.

thanks,
Zack

Print this item

Pregunta Cutting Cloth
Posted by: IT_Tao - 17-12-2020, 02:13 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hi,
I'l using the Obi Cloth in my project, and I'd need to cut the cloth I've created. I use a mesh forming a long sheet, and I need to cut it in two parts, following a precise line of vertices (I can get their indices). Is there a way for me to do so, or do I have to find another solution?
Thanks !

Print this item