» Views: 69
(7.0) New particle shader...
Forum: General
Last Post: kodra
04-05-2024, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 94

Weird physics behavior when using AddForce and changing scale of Solver
Posted by: picross - 05-12-2020, 05:09 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (5)

Hello,

I am currently working on a game where a blob is moving forward constantly and shrinking constantly. I learned that if you decrease the size of the solver, it decreases the size of the simulation space of the softbody and thus decreases the size of the softbody. I am using ObiActor.AddForce() with ForceMode.Force to propel the softbody.

It works great for a second or two, but then something weird happens. The softbody starts slowing way down, then it starts teleporting short distances forwards and backwards, and starts rolling backwards. The scale of the solver is always positive. 

Is this a limitation of the asset, or is there a way around this? I tried disabling the shrinking and setting the softbody to decreasing in size by a constant amount every time you press a button. When you press the button, the softbody teleports backwards a bit, then back forwards again and it massively decreases in speed.

Any ideas? Here's a gif of what happens in action:
[Image: 2515c640ade997106b8cdb62e2fb113d.gif]

Print this item

Incompatibility with one asset for iOS builds
Posted by: Gleb Palchin - 04-12-2020, 07:14 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hey there

We are facing build problems in combination with this asset - Nice Vibrations

The problem is, as the author of the Nice Vibrations asset said, that some custom build process is going on in the background that is conflicting somehow and doesn't let the Nice Vibrations asset to do its job with some dependency solving for iOS (while building in Unity). After a successful project export when we open the Xcode project and try to build we have an error with a missing library. If we delete Obi Rope asset from the project everything works.

Ideally we need help to combine these assets to work together!

Thanks!

Print this item

Triste Cloth not behaving as ... cloth?
Posted by: mikemikemike - 02-12-2020, 11:53 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi, I just purchased the package and followed the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auO01CjxXVg&t=8s

Unfortunately, the cloth does not move or do anything after following the instructions step-for-step up to the 2:50 mark.

I thought this could be an issue with some dependencies. I have Burst 1.3.9 and Mathematics 1.2.1 installed. Your documentation here refers to "Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer, Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer" (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html). But neither of those packages exists in the Unity package manager in any of the registry/tab dropdowns. So I am a little stuck and confused on how to proceed.

Lastly, I have huge framerate drops when running the project with the Obi Cloth in it. Are all these issues related?

Thanks.

Print this item

Creating obi rope prefab
Posted by: amismail - 02-12-2020, 08:17 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (11)

Hi there,
I tried to search the forum for solution to my issue but the forum is huge so I am posting this
I am facing an issue with creating unity prefab that include obi rope with 'obi rope mesh renderer' component, the problem is that each time I try to apply the 'deformedMesh' in the 'Mesh Filter' component to the prefab I get the following message:
"a reference to an object in the scene can't be applied to the prefab asset", and as a result when I try to instantiate the prefab in runtime the rope doesn't appear, I have tried to search for the deformedMesh asset but I didn't find it in the project or the scene please help me to resolve this issue as this is essential for my project, thanks in advance

Print this item

Facing some issues Obi Rope
Posted by: sinsomniac - 02-12-2020, 01:03 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

We have got Multiple Obi Ropes configured in our game. We want to find whether they are intersecting or not.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance

Print this item

Long Metal Sheet Simulation
Posted by: IT_Tao - 02-12-2020, 12:24 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello there,
I've been working for a while with the ObiCloth plugin, trying to get a bit deeper in it. My goal is to simulate a very long (about a hundred meters) sheet of metal (copper actually). The sheet is about 20cm-wide, and I want to implement some kind of rigidity to it.

My first goal as been to remove the flexibility in the middle of the band. The solution I've found was to remove all the particles in the middle : I'm generating a long mesh with particles on the sides, and none on the inside. Here's an image of my generated bands :

This was made for two reasons : removing the possibility to bend in the length of the band, and considerably reduce the number of particles involved in the simulation (because the bands I use are much much longer).

I've then tweaked a bit the solver settings (increasing the distance constraints iterations to reduce the stretching, and disabling most of the other constraints to lighten the calculation charge). I got to the point where I can use the band almost like I want, attaching and detaching it dynamically with an unwinding - winding setup. I want to optimize it as much as i can : the problem i face today is the bending of the band.
I want it to stay as straight as it can, as if i was holding a sheet of paper by the side :

On this example, the band of the left bends a lot. It's the current way the simulation works. I'd like it to act more like the example on the right.

So this si mainly a bending problem. I also have question about the way the forces are calculated, because I'd like to simulate a traction sensor, and i need to get the force applied by the band on a cylinder for example.

Thank you for reading this if you have any info I'm really interested.

Print this item

Error when using mesh colliders
Posted by: SkyDash - 02-12-2020, 07:10 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

I'm getting this error when trying to use a mesh collider with an obi collider. It's just a simple cylinder. The error disappears if I use the primitive colliders. Why is this? (Obi rope 5.6.1)

Code:
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Obi.BIH.Build (Obi.IBounded[]& elements, System.Int32 maxDepth, System.Single maxOverlap) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/BVH/BIH.cs:63)
Obi.ObiTriangleMeshContainer.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh source) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiTriangleMeshContainer.cs:92)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:229)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:38)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:189)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:362)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

Print this item

64bits libOni.so reports UnsatisfiedLinkError exception
Posted by: kingshijie - 01-12-2020, 10:15 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Sorry i opened a new post, the similar problem here: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-2187.html

We have the problem that the 64bits libOni.so was loaded failed because UnsatisfiedLinkError, the error print as below:

Code:
Unable to load library '/data/user/0/com.ss.android.ugc.aweme/files/_ucfiles/_uclib/local/tt9a4aecf7057074ae/libOni.so', native render plugin support disabled: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_Unwind_Resume" referenced by "/data/data/com.ss.android.ugc.aweme/files/_ucfiles/_uclib/local/tt9a4aecf7057074ae/libOni.so"...

I have searched a lot and seems lot of talks about ndk mismatches, so i looked into the libOni.so as the Post(https://github.com/google/oboe/issues/966) indicates, the _Unwind_Resume was not found just as I assumed. I tested with Unity2019.4.8f1, and it works on most 'runtime' and only fails for few(32bits can be loaded while 64bits can't).

As far as I know, the Unity 2019 has upgrade its ndk to r19(https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-sdksetup.html), so can you please compile the .so with r19 and send me a test libOni.so to see if we can fix this issue, it will helps a lot, thank you!

Print this item

Shader based fluid simulation
Posted by: arkanis - 01-12-2020, 06:45 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi, I've seen a forum post and a YouTube video for a shader based fluid simulator made by virtual method. Is it available yet? I'm impressed by the video and wish to purchase the asset as it will easily implement a planned feature for my product

Print this item

Fracturing/Breaking Shape Matching Constraints
Posted by: saiacide - 30-11-2020, 10:36 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

I'm trying to implement a simple fracturing/tearing effect by deactivating a shape matching constraint. I can deactivate the constraints via a debug key but now I'm trying to only deactivate them if the constraint is over a certain strain threshold. Is this currently possible? I was hoping the constraints lamda would contain some useful information but for the shapematching constraints it appears to always be zero. My other idea was to store the previous frames center of mass and measure the delta but was hoping there was a better way.

Print this item