» Views: 139
Exclude some particles fr...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
17-04-2024, 11:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 74

Rope is not stable
Posted by: canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

Hello,

So I am adding a rope by code and I am able to instantiate it to a degree. However, when the rope is created and after I attach the rope using ObiParticleAttachment it becomes unstable when I move either the end or the start point. It goes back and forth intensely. Attachment works fine, the problem is the intense stretch and I need to make the rope more stable.

Also, how can I set a target on the ObiParticleAttachment with code? I have a start and an end point on the blueprint and I added them by using code. However, I am not able to assign a target to ObiParticleAttachment and it asks for a Obi specific component.

Thank you.

Print this item

Question before buying
Posted by: corballygames - 05-11-2020, 02:20 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

I have one specific use case for Obi Fluid in mind, I have a character that uses fluids in a "special attack"

Is it possible to have the fluid remain on the ground after the emitter is turned off? I need to create a puddle that remains for a few seconds after the emission ends.

Print this item

The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!
Posted by: eganki - 04-11-2020, 11:58 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (12)

Hi,

I noticed that most of the sample scenes having these 2 warnings.

(The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!)
(The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BurstCollisionWorld') is missing!)

My best guess is that this issue kinda cause weird color to the emitter particles 
Please let me know if there's a way to solve this issue.

Thanks

Unity: 2019.4.12f1
Obi Fluid: version 5.6

Print this item

Detect rope collision with raycast?
Posted by: Chironyx - 03-11-2020, 03:03 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Heya!
I have a line renderer which has a raycast following the rendered line.
I would like the rope to be cut where the raycast hits it (where they intersect eventually basically)

I currently have a script that cuts the rope at a hard-coded element for testing:

Code:
      using Obi;

void Update()
    {
        if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.T))
        {
            ObiRope rope = GetComponent<ObiRope>();
            rope.Tear(rope.elements[35]);
            rope.RebuildConstraintsFromElements();

}
    }

But how can I detect a specific element by raycast hit?
And additionally, for future reference, it would serve me well to know how to do the same for collider collisions with the rope as well!

I've tried digging through the forums and documentation, but I'm either not looking in the right place, or don't understand things that might be common sense (like what are "particle1" and "particle 2" inside of an element and such, the documentation only says they're ints but I'm not sure what they do).
If there is a more in-depth walkthrough I can follow to educate myself with, aside from the 4 videos on YouTube, I would love that!

Print this item

Información Cloth is not becoming idle after touching the ground
Posted by: sujil-kwalee - 02-11-2020, 06:48 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello Obi,

There is an issue (May be with my setup!! Not sure) where the cloth is not sleeping after touching the ground collider. The cloth is keep on moving around.

Also I would required touch and drag feature for the cloth. Please help me with some guidance for the same.

Regards,
Sujil V S

Print this item

Max Rest Length
Posted by: VagabondOfHell - 01-11-2020, 10:12 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi Obi

I'm curious if there is a reliable way of calculating the Maximum Rest Length based off of the pooled particle count. During my testing I've been setting my cursor length to Mathf.Infinity in the OnElementsGenerated callback of the instantiated rope and then resetting it to it's previous length to determine this. Just curious if there's a better way to go about it.

Thank you, and fantastic job on the Obi Rope asset!

Print this item

When ropes move very fast the ghost come out
Posted by: wenzy - 01-11-2020, 09:57 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello.
    I find if the ropes move very fast the ghost will come out . It's in HDRP mode. I'm not sure what's the reason but i have tried to change the material from HDRP-standard to HDRP-unlit ,but that's helpless

[Image: SMGai1K.jpg]

[Image: WXGc7kD.jpg]

Print this item

Alembic Cache Mesh as Collider?
Posted by: mattstrangio - 31-10-2020, 08:04 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello,

I have an animation in Maya that I exported out as an alembic cache, and have successfully imported into Unity as a GameObject.  I was hoping to use that animated GameObject as a collider for a ObiRope.  Basically, it's an animation of a horse, and I was looking to create the reins and sim them using ObiRope.  I can get the child mesh to act as a collider, but only the first frame mesh of the alembic cache.  It's not the entire animated GameObject.  Any advice for what I'm trying to achieve?

Print this item

[solved] ObiFluidRenderingFeature is not selectable
Posted by: Snail921 - 30-10-2020, 06:48 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi.
I am still have an issue with adding ObiFluidRenderingFeature to my test project.
As you can see in the attached image, my project has obi fluid package installed and the ObiFluidRenderingFeature in its assets folder.
When I click the "Add Render Feature " in ForwardRenderer asset, "Render Object (Experimental)" is listed and ObiFuildRenderingFeature is not there so I cannot add it to the renderer.
If you have any idea about what is causing this issue, let me know, please.

Unity 2019.4.11.f1
Obi Fluid 5.6

Just FYI., with Unity 2019.4.5.f1, I have managed adding the feature to its renderer but I remember that I had struggled a similar issue and the feature had never been listed before my several attempts. There may be some kind of trigger that let the unity find the ObiFluidRenderFeature is in the project but unfortunately I have no idea...

Print this item

Strange shadow rendering issue when world-space UI element is visible (URP)
Posted by: Softscale - 29-10-2020, 01:04 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

I'm in the process of upgrading a project to use URP, and ran into an odd issue with the fluid renderer - the shadows received by the fluid seem to render differently depending on whether there is a world-space UI element like image, text, button, etc. visible to the camera.

I noticed this in a project with Obi 5.6, Unity 2019.4.13f1, and URP 7.5.1, but confirmed that it also occurs on the latest versions (Unity 2020.1.11f1, URP 8.2.0).

I was able to recreate this in a new project, see a video showing the issue here:
https://i.imgur.com/UQhTqK3.mp4

To recreate this:
- make a solver and fluid emitter with default values (unchecking "Render" on the ObiParticleRenderer).
- create a Canvas with a render mode of World Space, and give it at least one child UI element like a Text. Make sure this text field is visible somewhere in the scene.
- set the Environment Lighting Source to Gradient or Color, instead of Skybox.
- in the ObiFluidRendererFeature, set Transparency to something less than 1. In the demo video, I set Transparency to 0. I had also set the Ambient Multiplier to 6 to exaggerate the effect, but it seems to occur whenever the Ambient Multiplier is non-zero.

The bug seems to be related to ambient lighting - when any camera (editor or game) has a world-space UI element within its view, any shadows falling on the fluid are tinted with the selected ambient color for the scene, but otherwise are very dark.

Print this item