» Views: 19
Tips for optimization usi...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: spikebor
Yesterday, 03:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 35

Rope keep dancing without any external force
Posted by: selecthope - 19-11-2020, 04:07 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I attached my obi rope to two dynamic objects, however without applying any force to it, the rope keeps dancing.
I tried to increase the mass of the sphere attached to one end, but still the movement never stops.

Print this item

Bombilla Rope limit
Posted by: JskT01 - 19-11-2020, 03:38 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

When increasing the length of my rope after 13.92 it does not continue to grow even though the limit (max) is set at 15 or more, I have 4 ropes on scene

Code:
if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.K))
            {
                if (ropeExtrude.restLength < max)
                {
                    for (int i = 0; i < cursor.Length; ++i)
                    {
                        cursor[i].ChangeLength(ropeExtrude.restLength + speed * Time.deltaTime);
                    }
                    Debug.Log(ropeExtrude.restLength);
                }
            }

Print this item

Fluid Particles interaction Script
Posted by: JoseCarlos S - 19-11-2020, 12:40 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (35)

Hi, im developing a game, and i would like to implement an interaction between to fluids (fluid A and fluid B, the particles destroy each other when in contact). I saw a thread that said fluid particles cant detect collision directly, they have to detect it by vorticity or temperature... How do you set it up so that each particle has differnt temperature? And how would a script that destroys them "onCollision" look like?

Thank you.

Print this item

Change Rope Thickness Runtime
Posted by: kaganorun - 19-11-2020, 09:22 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I am trying a mexican wave effect for rope, is there a way for change rope Thickness at Runtime?

Print this item

Información Performance Tips?
Posted by: MBennettDev - 18-11-2020, 11:37 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hi,
I was wondering if there were general tips to maximize performance? Right now I'm getting between 20 and 90 FPS in a simple scene with only one solver running Burst, and with only one tearable cloth.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 Core Processor 4.00GHz
GPU: Radeon ™ RX 480
Unity3D Version: 2020.1.13f1

Print this item

Rope Is Hanging From The Control Point
Posted by: canerozdemir - 18-11-2020, 09:57 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (8)

It is me again Gran sonrisa 

So we are very close to completing our rope mechanic for our game. However, there is only one slight problem. When I move the rope to a specific point, the rope starts to hang from the control point. The screenshots are attached to this thread.

I want my rope to match the exact surface of my nail and my circle instead of this weird hanging from the control point. I want the control points to hold the rope ends so the ropes wont hang weirdly from the control points. I aligned the control points just like what I want and I want my rope ends to stay that way while the rope moves around. Rope tangles and rope movements are all okay. End parts of the ropes are the problem here.

How would I do that without changing the distance constraints from the obi solver or from the obi rope?

Attached Files
.png   resim_2020-11-18_115444.png (Size: 25.59 KB / Downloads: 19)
.png   resim_2020-11-18_115542.png (Size: 18.56 KB / Downloads: 19)
Print this item

Bug Extremely Low FPS
Posted by: MBennettDev - 18-11-2020, 05:21 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi,
I purchased Obi Cloth today and tried out the example scenes. I get extremely low FPS (as low as 2 FPS), especially when using Burst.
Only error I had was a few "Binary to YAML conversion: type unsigned int is unsupported" errors upon first import Obi Cloth. It did not reappear after the first dismissal. I tried restarting, didn't fix it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 Core Processor 4.00GHz
GPU: Radeon ™ RX 480
Unity3D Version: 2020.1.13f1

FIXED. JOBS debugger was hogging my resources. Unchecked it and I got a solid 60-200 FPS depending on substeps. Guiño
Thanks.

Print this item

Can I use multiple Obi Solver per scene?
Posted by: selecthope - 18-11-2020, 03:31 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Since Obi Rope cannot work out of its parent Obi Solver
If I need to create different ropes to be parented within multiple different prefabs, is it recommended that I create multiple Obi Solvers and place them within the respective prefabs?
Or is it recommended that I use include Obi Solver per scene and put all Ropes within it?

Print this item

Ropes Are Passing Through Each Other
Posted by: canerozdemir - 17-11-2020, 02:23 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello, 

I have two ropes and they can collide with each other. However, ropes are passing through each other when one rope moves fast enough.

The rope blueprints that I used have 1000 pooled particles and 1 resolution with 0.1 thickness. Still, I have no idea how can I prevent that problem. How can I make two ropes collide with each other without passing through regardless of the speed of one?

Print this item

Alternative Bending Constraint Implementation
Posted by: saiacide - 10-11-2020, 06:34 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

Hey not sure if this is the right place to put this question.

I'm using Houdini to create a bunch of complex constraint relationships. I export the houdini constraint data as json and generate Obi constraint batches via a custom blueprint script.

This is all working pretty well but my Houdini configurations rely heavily upon Bend Constraints which in Houdini's vellum are implemented as two triangles sharing an edge; four points per constraint. (https://www.cs.ubc.ca/~rbridson/docs/cloth2003.pdf)

Obi's implementation of bending constraints, I believe uses this technique (http://image.diku.dk/kenny/download/kela...e.ea10.pdf) Which isn't going to give me the results I'm after. 

I guess my questions are: 

Was there a reason you chose the triangle blending constraint implementation vs the two triangle edge one?
Are there any plans to add support for the two triangle edge Bending constraint?
How difficult would it be to extend Obi to add support for this constraint? I'm assuming I would have to modify the Burst Solver.

Print this item