» Views: 19
Tips for optimization usi...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: spikebor
06-05-2024, 03:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 35

Poor Performance In VR
Posted by: SyDRoX - 10-11-2020, 06:09 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Greetings,

We are using ObiFluids to generate vomit inside a human's mouth. The liquid is then "sucked" using a tool that makes the particles disappear.
The fluid is generated once with a long lifespan and then the particles are killed using collision with 3 sphere primitives. The liquid is held in the mouth using cube primitives to create a mouth-like facet. Unity is set to run 1 physics step per frame. The fluid, mouth colliders and suction tool are all in a separate layer and are set not to collide with anything but themselves. 

profiler:
[Image: ak0_dSs_8RlN2pQZLcyWjFMr9f3w2jHFjhFiMP5y...P6W3dU8ps2]
Obi profiler(although forgive me for not really understanding what do I see here):

[Image: fuQ_xgkWqORwrnBf23zIaiLmxOihXoUz-CWud250...kiecs0htjt]
Solver:
[Image: IJOi14MChtysQxRQgEOvgIkeyMfMORj7CVCsBbFZ...00w7P-g0Eh]

Emitter:
[Image: UYCLO-3ZcdQUgIy8DeJOhRtpwU4PwNx5Xl5wh1Wh...p-jKfhPFpd]

Blueprint:
[Image: V58jZzD00Ir0UAsnaH5C7mBoMQSPX-SbrOds5sLr...N4ozIRBT0D]

Render(there are two identical ones):
[Image: d2QzqFyCVhCcSaz9QzOWKedoBA1A9BnFvaUdbqo9..._QbFcdkQ_U]

Time settings:

I'm kind of clueless of where to look for why is this happening because even before I do anything with the liquid (besides emitting it) the performance is like mentioned above.

Hardware:
Intel Core i7 8700
Nvidia GTX 1080
32GB Ram
Win 10 x64

Print this item

Obi Particle Attachment - attach object without affecting physics?
Posted by: FredL - 09-11-2020, 07:32 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Is there a way to attach an object to the end control point of an Obi Rope without affecting the rope's behaviour? (basically the attached object would be unaffected by Physics).

I understand how to create an Obi Collider and attach this using on Obi Particle Attachment, but I think I need to add a Rigidbody to get the Obi Collider to follow the end control point of the rope (correct me if I'm wrong), and this changes the behaviour or the rope.

Is there a way to either:

1. Attach an object to the end of the rope (or another control point) without affecting the rope behaviour
  2. Get the position of the end of the rope / control point at runtime

Print this item

Using existing mesh
Posted by: skriptsure - 08-11-2020, 01:09 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hey guys! Maybe I haven't looked in the right spot, but I can't seem to figure out how to use an existing mesh with this system. Do I have to use the obi rope extruded renderer? I'd like to use an existing mesh if possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there documentation that I've missed?

Print this item

Distance constraint parameters
Posted by: canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 03:44 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello there,

So I am making progress with my project by creating rope from the code between two points and I inserted some components with the guide from the official website. My only problem is the distance constraint within the Obi Solver. Rope is not stable enough for me to work on so I need it to be stable enough so it will look like a straight line but with a little bounce and movement when I move the points, that holds the rope together, to another position.

I tried incresing the distance iteration and it worked really well when the iteration is around like 1500-2000 and the relaxation was 1.3. However, this caused a major FPS drop after 10-15 seconds. So, how can I achieve that desired effect within the limitations of the constraints? 

By the way, I am pleased with the capabilities of the Obi Rope and would like to give a thank you for providing such capable asset to work with.

Print this item

Rope is not stable
Posted by: canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

Hello,

So I am adding a rope by code and I am able to instantiate it to a degree. However, when the rope is created and after I attach the rope using ObiParticleAttachment it becomes unstable when I move either the end or the start point. It goes back and forth intensely. Attachment works fine, the problem is the intense stretch and I need to make the rope more stable.

Also, how can I set a target on the ObiParticleAttachment with code? I have a start and an end point on the blueprint and I added them by using code. However, I am not able to assign a target to ObiParticleAttachment and it asks for a Obi specific component.

Thank you.

Print this item

Question before buying
Posted by: corballygames - 05-11-2020, 02:20 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

I have one specific use case for Obi Fluid in mind, I have a character that uses fluids in a "special attack"

Is it possible to have the fluid remain on the ground after the emitter is turned off? I need to create a puddle that remains for a few seconds after the emission ends.

Print this item

The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!
Posted by: eganki - 04-11-2020, 11:58 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (12)

Hi,

I noticed that most of the sample scenes having these 2 warnings.

(The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!)
(The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BurstCollisionWorld') is missing!)

My best guess is that this issue kinda cause weird color to the emitter particles 
Please let me know if there's a way to solve this issue.

Thanks

Unity: 2019.4.12f1
Obi Fluid: version 5.6

Print this item

Detect rope collision with raycast?
Posted by: Chironyx - 03-11-2020, 03:03 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Heya!
I have a line renderer which has a raycast following the rendered line.
I would like the rope to be cut where the raycast hits it (where they intersect eventually basically)

I currently have a script that cuts the rope at a hard-coded element for testing:

Code:
      using Obi;

void Update()
    {
        if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.T))
        {
            ObiRope rope = GetComponent<ObiRope>();
            rope.Tear(rope.elements[35]);
            rope.RebuildConstraintsFromElements();

}
    }

But how can I detect a specific element by raycast hit?
And additionally, for future reference, it would serve me well to know how to do the same for collider collisions with the rope as well!

I've tried digging through the forums and documentation, but I'm either not looking in the right place, or don't understand things that might be common sense (like what are "particle1" and "particle 2" inside of an element and such, the documentation only says they're ints but I'm not sure what they do).
If there is a more in-depth walkthrough I can follow to educate myself with, aside from the 4 videos on YouTube, I would love that!

Print this item

Información Cloth is not becoming idle after touching the ground
Posted by: sujil-kwalee - 02-11-2020, 06:48 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello Obi,

There is an issue (May be with my setup!! Not sure) where the cloth is not sleeping after touching the ground collider. The cloth is keep on moving around.

Also I would required touch and drag feature for the cloth. Please help me with some guidance for the same.

Regards,
Sujil V S

Print this item

Max Rest Length
Posted by: VagabondOfHell - 01-11-2020, 10:12 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi Obi

I'm curious if there is a reliable way of calculating the Maximum Rest Length based off of the pooled particle count. During my testing I've been setting my cursor length to Mathf.Infinity in the OnElementsGenerated callback of the instantiated rope and then resetting it to it's previous length to determine this. Just curious if there's a better way to go about it.

Thank you, and fantastic job on the Obi Rope asset!

Print this item