» Views: 42
Compatibility with magica...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
Yesterday, 12:47 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 61

Shader based fluid simulation
Posted by: arkanis - 01-12-2020, 06:45 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi, I've seen a forum post and a YouTube video for a shader based fluid simulator made by virtual method. Is it available yet? I'm impressed by the video and wish to purchase the asset as it will easily implement a planned feature for my product

Print this item

Fracturing/Breaking Shape Matching Constraints
Posted by: saiacide - 30-11-2020, 10:36 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

I'm trying to implement a simple fracturing/tearing effect by deactivating a shape matching constraint. I can deactivate the constraints via a debug key but now I'm trying to only deactivate them if the constraint is over a certain strain threshold. Is this currently possible? I was hoping the constraints lamda would contain some useful information but for the shapematching constraints it appears to always be zero. My other idea was to store the previous frames center of mass and measure the delta but was hoping there was a better way.

Print this item

Triste Obi Rope BIH Error and Performance issues
Posted by: Lishnor - 30-11-2020, 03:42 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi, I am new to Obi Tope and recently I got to work on a project that uses this amazing asset. I have a problem with getting good performance and errors.
In the previous version of Obi Rope, I did not get this error and it only showed up after migrating to a new update.
Error log in Attachment ObiError_1.png

In case of performance probably something is wrong with my setup because even tho I use Burst with all of its packages Obi Rope seems to utilize only Main Thread.
Some profiler data in Attachment ObiError_2.png

I don't know why this is happening and I will be extremely grateful if someone could help me with those problems.

~
PS. Sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker.

Print this item

Cloth colider too big
Posted by: Cheezelaweeze - 29-11-2020, 10:47 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

pretty much default settings

https://streamable.com/qj1zy9

Print this item

Cloth clipping through itself
Posted by: arkanis - 27-11-2020, 07:18 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (5)

I'm having trouble where cloth is clipping through itself despite having self collisions on. My setup is an Obi Cloth with a proxy, since I want my cloth to appear to have some thickness. The proxy is no thick like the actual model, but is only one mesh 'layer'. The particles already have some thickness in the editor.

Here is a video of the problem occuring in my use case as I attempt to make the cloth behave like a "Zap Strap". Please note that this is obviously not the correct order of doing things for first aid (this is basically a first simulator project). I am also still working on my implementation of a velcro system so it is not yet self adhesive.

https://streamable.com/0ak8e9

In case it is helpful to see my setup, here are some screenshots of the blueprint with all visualizations on and the skin map (separated so you can see what is going on, but when I am 'done' editing I overlap the two meshes)

https://ibb.co/LZQHj1R
https://ibb.co/0DNNKyj
https://ibb.co/L11mS1M

Print this item

Tearable Cloth on a Character
Posted by: arkanis - 26-11-2020, 10:58 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

So I understand that skinned cloth cannot be tearable, which is unfortunate as I was hoping for that in my use case. I am running a simulation where you have a patient, and if they have an injury you would cut the clothing off of the injured body part. From what I understand from the videos the reason that clothing is simulated with skinned meshes is because if the character moves suddenly they would probably lose the clothes.

In a use case where the character will not be moving fast or often, and behaving more like a mannequin, would it be a reasonable use case for a tearable cloth?

Thanks!

Print this item

Can Obi Cloth collide with skinning mesh?
Posted by: xermao - 26-11-2020, 09:21 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

just like in the ClothStaticMeshCollider level.but collide with skinning mesh not static mesh.

Print this item

Obi Cloth failing to import to Unity
Posted by: WillGolborough - 26-11-2020, 01:54 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help. I purchase Obi Cloth (I am using Unity 2020.1.14) Downloads the package fine from the asset store but Unity won't let me import it in. I get "are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" 

Thanks 

Will

Print this item

Some issues and questions.
Posted by: LogaNRV - 26-11-2020, 08:37 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi, new Obi-suite user here.

I started doing experiments with the cloth component, adding a simple floating cloth to a test scene, where I have a lot of physics elements and a character controller mostly based on physics. Something like a mini "Fall Guys" level.
My first issue is that the moment that I add the cloth to the scene, the ILCPP build stops working, the screen stays black after the Unity logo and then crashes after some seconds.
In the editor and with normal builds all works well.
Also, with only the solver active (and the cloth disabled) the ILCPP build works correctly. Is only the moment that I enable the cloth gameobject (also when the OniCollisionWorld object appears), that it stops working.

This is a very simple cloth component, done with a blueprint from the demo assets (Cloth sheet) and all default values.
My solver is configured like this:

And I'm working with Unity 2019.3.15f1, Windows 7 64 bits, last Obi cloth version.

My second question would be how to configure the cloth to avoid my character going visually through it. I increased the fixed updater substeps to 4, the max depenetration to 40, avoided using interpolation and used elements "non kinematic to particles", and got a very nice cloth, without any visual glitches most of the time. I also played with anisotropy set to 1, but didn't see much difference. My characters right now are capsules and the moving elements are mostly spheres, so there are no pointy edges, but maybe you have some extra advice to configuring a cloth for this. I assume that a mesh with a lot of points also helps.

Another question.. when I enable "Substep Unity Physics" in the solver, my own code kind of breaks. For example, instead of the player correctly "attaching" to moving platforms, it now jump and stumble over them. My own "force element" scripts seems to apply more force to the player than before, like if they were called more times per second, but with the same old delta time. I was expecting that enabling this option was kind of "transparent" to the rest of the code, but I assume is not, so I would like to know what steps I should follow or how I prepare my code to use it.
Also.. I have been using the "fixed updater substeps" set to 4, without enabling "Substep Unity Physics", and all seems to work correctly.. is this ok?

Regards.

Print this item

I want to shake what I attached to the rod
Posted by: nyame - 26-11-2020, 05:18 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I am always grateful for your help.
This asset is so great!

I want to attach a sphere to the tip of an antenna made of rods.
I'm glad if the sphere sways according to the movement of the tip of the rod.
At the base of the rod is a square robot. Connected with obi particle attachment.

Currently, the spheres are connected by obi particle attachments, but there are two options: stay in place or fall with a rigid body.

I'm sorry I'm a beginner, but I'd be happy if you could get an answer.Thank you.

Print this item