» Views: 92
Prefab Creation & Cable L...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
01-05-2024, 01:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 115

Cloth does not follow animation
Posted by: adev eloper - 01-08-2018, 04:29 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (9)

I am testing various setups for clothing simulation and using skin weighs does not seem appropriate for realistic results.
I am now experimenting with mesh collider but the cloth does not follow the animation. It works fine if the mesh is static. Can you please help?

Print this item

Obi Mesh Topology Generation Issue
Posted by: Saismirk - 31-07-2018, 12:04 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

After countless times trying to generate a mesh topology, no matter the mesh in question, this error always appears:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 length, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1919)
System.Array.Resize[Vertex] (.Vertex[]& array, Int32 newSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:1913)
Obi.ObiMeshTopology.Generate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/DataStructures/ObiMeshTopology.cs:272)
Obi.ObiMeshTopologyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiMeshTopologyEditor.cs:70)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1374)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I have made sure the models are 2-manifolds but at this point I don't know what to do. I'm working with 3DSMax for my models. FBX format, skinned and non-skinned.

Print this item

Pregunta OBI Rope knot issue
Posted by: Prateek - 30-07-2018, 06:16 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hello,

I have downloaded and using your obi sdk named Obi Rope in which I want to make a knot using "Obi Rope" but when I try to make a knot by using string, strings gets penetrate from each other and I am unable to make required functionality done. Kindly Help me to make it possible.

Print this item

Change aero constraint properties with script
Posted by: domkonecny - 19-07-2018, 03:54 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello
I want to change air density on my cloths on runtime. It works perfectly well if i change it manually in editor. I am probably just missing some call, and I cant find it in the docs. 
Now it looks like this.

Code:
ObiAerodynamicConstraints aero;
aero = this.GetComponent<ObiAerodynamicConstraints>();
aero.airDensity = 0.04f;

The value changes on the component in editor, but has no effect.

Print this item

Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist?
Posted by: jabza - 15-07-2018, 08:25 PM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

Hi,

After updating to Unity 2018.2.0f2 I now get the following errors every time I open my scene:

Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Renderer can't be checked because doesn't exist

Is there any way I can supress this, as it doesn't appear to affect anything.

Thanks!

Print this item

Can't edit skin on Particle Editor
Posted by: adev eloper - 11-07-2018, 11:22 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (7)

Hi,
I have recently purchased Obi Cloth and I am testing it for a clothing simulation project. It looks promising but I am unable to figure out why the skin properties values don't retain the values I set.

I have attached a couple of screenshots of the particle editor. Can someone help?

Print this item

Collisions whit Rigs
Posted by: davedrack - 11-07-2018, 05:55 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi, I'm having some troubles trying to make a fluid collide with a rig

Does it work with rigs at all?

All the geometry has mesh and obi collider

It works fine with external objects but it doesn't work on the rig

any advice?

Print this item

Large forces causing objects to fly
Posted by: StevenHolwerda - 05-07-2018, 04:14 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I'm using obirope to model the steel cable of a crane and the metal chains that are used to connect the crane's hook to a load. This is a VR experience created using unity.

It isn't uncommon for the load to be catapulted into the air because the chains begin to move erratically. This was happening when I 'teleported'/changed the transform of the loads. I made the loads kinematic for half a second until the chains lost their kinetic energy to solve this issue but it is still happening for other reasons, for example, when the chains are pushed into the load (often by the user who can hold the link at the end of the chain to attach it to the crane's hook).

Is there any way to restrict the amount of force the rope can apply to an object/any other way that people have dealt with this?

here's an image of the load referred to: 
[attachment=146]

Print this item

BackHome
Posted by: usernameHed - 22-06-2018, 03:04 PM - Forum: Made with Obi - No Replies

Hello ! I would thank you, obi rope creator.
We have managed to create in 3 month, a physics platformer 2d game with 2 players, connected with... a stretchy/relax/shrinking/expandable rope !

here the itch.io:
https://usernamehed.itch.io/backhome

The difficult part of our project was: the physics... Every tiny change (in jump height, rope tensity), was game breaking.
The elasticity of the rope made the game fun, but very hard to make, in terme of having a good gameplay feeling. (don't frustrate the players, but don't let them to much power when moving).
Also a balancing move was difficule to program (make a pendulum movement)

If interested, you can see my post on my portfolio, you can see every video of the early prototypes (and even a video at then end explaining a little bit how I have overcome some gameplay problem with the rope):
http://www.belfiore.ovh/create/portfolio-rhan.php

PS: here a little exemple of what i had achieved in the past when creating rope...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u3Ewu6XIxU
It was good, but very hard to program a good rope. Nothing like Obi Rope !

Thanks you again, see you !

Print this item

Stop/restart emission, force to particle
Posted by: sazatai - 19-06-2018, 04:09 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Please excuse for my question.

I read the document and get the particle rendered as fluid. really nice.
Now I would like to add following function but can't find how to do that.
Could you tell me how to do that? or already any script are exsisting?

- stop and restart particle emission
- change the gravity of all particles in runtime

Thank you in advance for your help.

Print this item