Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: spikebor
16-05-2024, 06:16 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 146

Bake Simulations
Posted by: luuchowl - 06-09-2018, 09:16 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way for baking simulations.
if so, is there a tutorial or documentation for that?

I'm using unity

Print this item

Running 3D Fluid on iOS
Posted by: skicattx - 06-09-2018, 03:17 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (5)

Hi,
We want to run a small and reasonably simple water and blood simulation on higher-end iOS devices. So far we have not been able to get the sim running on these devices. I'll post more details of the issues, but before spending more time on this, I have a few questions that I don't see fully answered here. "just use the simple simulation shader" is not an option, as we need the full 3D sim. Advertising seems to imply it should work, so:

1. Should it be possible (performance aside) to run the 3D Obi fluid sim on iOS devices?

2. Is the latest binary compatible with Unity 2017.4.x and 2018.1/2/3.x?
     a. If not, when can we expect compatibility?
     b. Do we need a new iOS binary lib?

Print this item

Can't select a Pinned Constraint object
Posted by: ricard2798 - 03-09-2018, 06:07 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

So ilect pin constraint, and when I try to add the object I want to be tied to the constraint, it does not accept it.  the object has a rigid body and all, but it just refuses to accept the objects i am dragging to it... ANY OBJECTS.  Please advice.
I am using unity 2018.1.6f1-MLTP7

Print this item

Simulate curly cord?
Posted by: kbdev - 02-09-2018, 07:00 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi
I need to simulate a curly/spiral cord for a medical simulation project I am working on. One end of the cord is attached to the piece of machinery and the other end to a hand control which normally hangs on the machinery on a hook. I would like the cord to swing when the machinery is move from side to side and the cord to collapse on the floor when the machinery is lowered closer to the floor. See attached image.
Will I be able to use the Obi Rope asset for something like this?

Print this item

Problem with making the small scale stuff work
Posted by: Bastian - 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello, 
I am writting here because didn't manage to help myself Triste. Hestitated to write to you from the longer time hoping that will solve it myself, but just hell can't. Some time ago I have purchuased OBI fluid, because needed the good fluid system for my VR project.
Small usage scale in description ecouraged me for exactly this purchase as well (among the other simllar options). And here is my problem. I need to use it in a really SMALL scale, for the containers like a test tube or a lab bottle. 
Running for eg. sample with the faucet and bowls on Oculus, places me under a faucet being then kind of small waterfall, because the scale of that is very huge. From another side I can't scale up OVRCameraRig to match the scale because it causes horrible display errors. I need the objects and fluid the real world scale then.
I did the multiple tries with small containers, calculating the changed numbers basing on the scale change, and modifying a lot of the parameters, but didn't happen to achieve what I needed for the fluid stream to look like, what is the worst in case of such small scale fluid is or not entering the container, or it goes throught it (yes I did multiple tries with things like particles, emiter sizing, container wall thickness etc. Rady and watch everything possible though too). When it is a few times bigger (the container), it works OK, but sadly I need a bottle, syringe and test tube not a cooking pot Triste(
Could you help me? The standard test tube like 25 x 150 mm. I am a bit heartbroken, really need this solution and in my country currency OBI fluid was really pretty expensive and for now pretty useless Triste((. 

I am attaching what I am looking for. https://youtu.be/MBq55FtOzN4?t=3m32s <---8 secs from here around.

Regards

Catherine

Print this item

2018.1: Error Obi Parrticle Baker doesn`t exist.
Posted by: StudioDeussen - 02-09-2018, 10:24 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Dear Support Team,
when using Obi Fluid with Unity 2018.1.f91 I get the following error message:

Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist

Do you have a solution for this?

I apreciate your reply on this.

Greets,
Tim

Print this item

Tutorial does not look like my screen
Posted by: hkrivell - 01-09-2018, 03:22 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello. I am an AR/VR Consultant, I am also a student at Pennsylvania State University, we want to use Obi Fluids for flood analysis. I am going through the tutorials, and the elements in the tutorial do not look like the elements in unity. 

I am using this video tutorial... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBU200yV...Un&index=6
and I am trying to make the gushing stream you see in the video. However the settings in my Unity only create a single stream at the center of the emitter circle and the emitter with circle does not look like the one in the video. It is missing the arrows.

How do I produce a larger radius of the stream? Huh

My settings.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OxCPB7...UnfofKAi_7

Print this item

How to use textures for fluids?
Posted by: Rad226 - 31-08-2018, 04:34 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hello,

Before I go any further I must congratulate You for making this piece of software. It is mostly impressive.

I have a question regarding usage of textures to make particles look good/cool. In stock particle materials there is a Shader property that allows to set a texture map.
Thing is that no matter what texture or map I put there nothing seems to happen with how the fluid looks Huh

Another thing is that I tried to swap stock shader in one of stock materials for another (Standard Unity Shader). It made game camera black. Thesame or something very similiar happen with every shader other than ones provided in OBI package.

What I'm doing wrong here ?

ps. I'm trying to achieve a soap foam like effect.

Print this item

Procedurally change the diameter of the ropes
Posted by: mathaout - 31-08-2018, 09:38 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi,

I'm a developper for AR/VR industrial applications and serious game.

I would like to buy your asset. 

However, I would like to know if we could create and change the diameter of the ropes at runtimes.

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Is it possible to make the cloth taut in real time?
Posted by: jb88886 - 28-08-2018, 10:52 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Is it possible to make the cloth taut in real time? For a camping simulation to set up a tent, I'd like to "pin" the cloth down in the corners and make it taut.

Print this item