» Views: 64
Rope connected 3d object ...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
10-06-2024, 10:42 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 211

Fluids in VR
Posted by: Odedk14 - 24-10-2018, 07:50 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi,

I'm developing a VR game and wanted to know if there is any issues with using the Fluid in VR environment (Oculus Rift & HTC Vive)?

I intend to use it in small scale (drink machine, boiling water, etc.)

Was this tested in VR environment?

Thanks,
Oded/

Print this item

Performance issue. Could you help?
Posted by: mmortall - 19-10-2018, 06:39 PM - Forum: General - Replies (5)

Hello.
We have a performance issue and we found this lines in profiler. 
It seems like this operations leads to a huge performance drop. Can it be optimized in some way? Thanks.

This happens when we drop the soft body and it is simulated. 

[Image: CJf2JVB.png]

Print this item

Attaching two pieces of cloth together
Posted by: zezafa - 19-10-2018, 06:11 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,

I am quite new to ObiCloth plugin and still learning basic aspects. I am looking for a method to attach several pieces of cloth together to form a piece of clothing e.g. a T-shirt. This is exactly the method/effect I would like to replicate with Obi and Unity: https://vimeo.com/185906538 . I was thinking about setting pin constraints between particles from one cloth object to another, but it seems that pin constraints can only be set between rigid body and particles. Is there another way to create "to sew" two pieces of cloth together?

Print this item

How to Cloth Reset
Posted by: madcatgames - 17-10-2018, 10:32 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello.

Recently I bought the ObiCloth and it seems like it mostly works pretty well.

But I've got one question.

I set ObiCloth on the character's( for my project ) skirt, and when the pose changes, I want to initialize ObiCloth as well.

In the forum, someone tells that I can use ResetActor ()
However, when I use ResetActor (), the initial state and what I see as a result are different. That result is not I wanted.

I'll attach a screenshot.
1. just after the runtime
2. End Simulation
3. Run 'ResetActor()'

What I want is to return the skirt as it was in the first image.
(I want it to work like a Rewind button on the Obi particles Edit mode)

Print this item

Initialize ObiCloth at Runtime
Posted by: OrangMosquito - 17-10-2018, 09:16 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi, I followed your tutorial for creating cloth at runtime. It didn't work, and it was visible in the inspector that the ObiCloth was uninitialized (there's no public method for initalizing at runtime). How do I go about this? Or might it be another problem?

Many thanks.

Print this item

Several Issues with Rope-->Android
Posted by: thanathozz - 17-10-2018, 07:29 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello guys,
I tried to setup Obi Rope for my Android (OculusGO) Project, but when im about to build alot of error messages pop up.

Code:
Exception: Unknown CPU architecture  for library Assets/Obi/Plugins/iOS/libOni.a
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.ProcessPlugin (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context, System.String pluginPath, System.String pluginTargetCPU)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:287)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I built it for Android and built it before already (and it worked on my go), but I wonder why it searches in /Plugins/IOS instead of /Android? Am I missing something here?
edit: The build worked without the Obi asset installed / imported. I didnt get it work with the Obi Asset imported yet

Second error:

Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiRopeThickRenderMode.Update (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRopeRenderModes/ObiRopeThickRenderMode.cs:30)
Obi.ObiRope.UpdateVisualRepresentation () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:603)
Obi.ObiRope.OnValidate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:328)

This might be because i tried to build an example Scene.

Third error:

Code:
Menu Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Baker can't be checked because doesn't exist

I've read that this could be / or is an Unity related Issue.

Any help would be appreciated, since the physics look quite astonishing and I really wanna use it in my projects Sonrisa

Kind regards,
Phil

Print this item

Obi-rope asset disappearing in build
Posted by: rebeck14 - 15-10-2018, 09:19 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hey guys -- Thanks for your help with an earlier post about obi-fluid. I'm now having issues with Obi-rope. We initially created an Obi-rope asset that worked both in the editor as well as in a build (Windows 10 64-bit). At some point in our development, this Obi-rope asset would only appear in the editor, but, when when we would make a build, it would no longer appear. My thought was that the obi-rope asset was getting corrupted somehow, so I rebuilt my Obi-rope asset from scratch and it seemed to have fixed the issue...

Unfortunately, after a couple days of running this build (that has not changed, to our knowledge, at all) we're seeing the same disappearing behavior. Any thoughts what would cause this?

My team has been using git for version control and we were curious about learning how the Obi-rope asset is stored in memory. If you have any ideas, please let us know. THANKS!

++j

Print this item

Detecting if Vector3 is within ObiFluid volume?
Posted by: Mitch@PG - 15-10-2018, 05:17 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (8)

Also:

- Uninstantiating particles within the radius of a Vector3 location 

And / or:

- Changing values of an Emitter Material at runtime, such as Resolution or Rest Density

So, given an arbitrary Vector3 world location, will it be easy to determine if that location is within the volume of a collection of Obi Fluid particles?  The Obi Fluid will be at rest in a container when I need to do this, so it wont be run while fluid is flying around the scene or anything.  I've not had the chance to properly trawl through the API documentation yet, so my apologies if there's an easy answer in there.

The two next questions are pretty much as written; is there an easy way to uninstantiate particular particles?  Again, apologies if this is obvious in the API docs!

And is it advisable / possible to alter the properties of Emitter Materials at runtime?

Thank you!

Print this item

Counting Particles
Posted by: docgonzzo - 13-10-2018, 03:33 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hi There,

I'm working on a 2D game (Unity) about transferring fluid from one cup to another cup.

To measure success, I need to count the number of particles that were transferred from the 1st cup to the 2nd cup. Currently, I am subscribing to the Solver.OnCollision event. I have a "Trigger=true" BoxCollider2D inside the 2nd cup that I compare with the event callback Collider. My code is very similar to the code shown in this thread:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...=collision

My problem is that the "count" is never actually correct. It seems to be always less than the actual count. I'm wondering if there's possibly collisions not being detected? I have my Fixed TimeStep set to 0.005.

The transfer can be violent and quick sometimes, but the fluid never clips out of the cup. I'm only using 55 particles.

Print this item

Is constraintIndex same thing as the particle index?
Posted by: jb88886 - 12-10-2018, 02:11 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

In the scene, I have a tearable cloth and a rod that will be piercing the cloth. But because I'm changing the position of the rod instead of applying physics to it, the cloth won't recognize the rod to tear. But collision detection works as intended. So, I'm trying to tear the cloth at the point of collision by calling Tear(contact.particle). But it doesn't seem to do anything. Is the constraintIndex same as the particle index? If it's not, how would we find the constraintIndex at the point of collision? 

Thank you,

Print this item