» Views: 58
Question about garment on...
Forum: Obi Cloth
Last Post: onfitpark
24-04-2024, 04:45 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 258

Triste Rope in 2D display?
Posted by: danielp - 26-09-2019, 08:46 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi,

First of all, I just purchased this asset today!
Let me appreciate the beauty of the rope physics and really love it.

Now I came across a scenario where I need to use the rope simulation in my 2D project.

I tried with the 2D mode and it simulate physics correctly with position fixed in z-axis, and rotation in one direction.

The problem I am encountering is the twisting / rolling / whatever rotation it happened within the rope chain itself.

Simply put, I am having a 2D flat image as a rope, and it is rolling / twisting internally which looks bad.

Is there any remedy around this? 

Thanks Sonrisa

Print this item

planes clipping!
Posted by: graciapples - 26-09-2019, 11:24 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hi, we're trying to make a simulation for book pages blown by the wind. We've been using the inter-collision example by obicloth for reference, but it appears that the planes/pages will clip into each other if they're too close, even if their particles aren't touching. I turned on obi particle render in the pic below - when we press play, the planes just sink. Inter-collision only works if the gaps between the planes are huge, but we do need to keep the form of a book. New to unity here, please help! 
Huh Lengua

Print this item

Initialize rope with very short length
Posted by: Lokeyyyy - 26-09-2019, 08:33 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi there, I am trying to create a rope start with very short length / zero length, then control the length by using rope cursor. However when I edit the rope curve so the first and last control points are very close, the rope shape is not shorten but instead shrink up. How should I correctly initialize it? There is a screenshot for illustration, the first one is the normal rope and the second one is the rope when i move up the end control point very close to the start control point.

Print this item

How to lock obi rope axis?
Posted by: Jhulse - 24-09-2019, 10:40 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hey, I've set up a rope using the grappling hook template as a base, however, I need to lock the Z axis of the rope's movement. I can't see anywhere on the forums or in the inspector where I can do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Print this item

Couple questions before buying.
Posted by: artfabrique - 20-09-2019, 11:33 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

Hi. I'm a developer from Crazypanda Games. We want to fire up a couple of new mobile products and we plan to use your assets.

1. Do you have performance tests on those devices? It is the most popular devices in certain regions in 2019.
-  Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
-  Xiaomi Redmi 4X
-  Samsung Galaxy S7
-  Samsung Galaxy A5
-  Samsung Galaxy J5
-  iPhone 6s
-  iPad Mini 2
If not - is there a way to conduct tests before buying and rushing into the integration?

2. Do you have a bundle of all your assets (ropes, cloth) or they intersect with each other in some manner?

Print this item

Broken on Linux (Urgent)
Posted by: softphysics - 19-09-2019, 07:57 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - No Replies

I've been using OSX to develop with this asset and assumed it would just work on Linux as it claims to support it but I am getting DllNotFoundException. Restart doesn't fix it. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and Unity 2019.2.5f1. Do I need to install any addition libraries?

Print this item

HELP: Crane Scene Questions
Posted by: BisuDagger - 19-09-2019, 03:37 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello and thank you in advance for any help! I am new to using obi rope in Unity and have a few questions. Attached is an image of what I'm trying to accomplish.

1. How do I create a similar rope to the crane scene?

• This must be done at run time.
  • The rope needs to connect from the crane tip object to the load object (without changing the height of the load/pulling the object closer like the grapple rope does)
  • The rope will be a straight line in the y-direction
2. How do I control the length/max length of the rope?
  • In the crane scene the rope hits a stopping point where it cannot extend further. How do I specify that?
  • How do I make sure the rope distance between the load and crane tip is the same as the current distance between the objects before the rope is generated/instantiated
3. How do I control the stretching of a rope?
  • In the crane scene it grows without stretching, this is the behavior I want.
4. How is the load in the crane scene connected to the rope? Where is that specified.

Print this item

Oni Contacts - is there a way to extend the data?
Posted by: TimLewis - 19-09-2019, 03:30 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi there!

I'm trying to extend the Oni Contacts data struct to include a further variable

[attachment=406]

I'm wondering if there's a way to populate this when the Contact data gets set?

I have a BitMask variable that is in ObiEmitter that denotes what FluidType the fluid counts as:

And another FluidType variable which denotes what fluid containers accept (ie. wine glasses accept wine fluid).

I'm hoping there's a way to do this, as I'm trying to parallelise, into jobs, the logic to sort the contacts into containers - so I don't have the option of grabbing the particle emitter from Obi Solver.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Tim

Print this item

Can't flow fluid
Posted by: mkaanztrk - 19-09-2019, 08:34 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello all,

I am new to obi fluid and i am having an issue with the flow.
Whenever i start the simulation, particles stop at the exact point, it feels like an invisible thing forcing against them.
I've tried everything but couldn't find a solution.
Thank you for your help.

Print this item

WebGl support
Posted by: mdinitz - 17-09-2019, 01:52 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi community,
I'm looking to purchase this plugin, but the project I am working on at the moment requires WebGl support. 
Does Obi Cloth work with WebGl?
Thanks for the answers.

Print this item