» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 128

Exclamación ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Posted by: x1290148 - 16-10-2019, 02:16 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker.UpdateMeshData () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:81)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker..ctor (UnityEngine.MeshCollider collider) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:59)
Obi.ObiCollider.CreateTracker () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ObiCollider.cs:75)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.AddCollider () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:133)
Obi.ObiCollider.Awake () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ObiCollider.cs:112)
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
<WaitFade>d__44:MoveNext() (at Assets/Scripts/BZManager.cs:385)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
HuhIt happened while I was running the game. How do I fix this?

Print this item

Obi Fluid Not Working with Transparent Glass
Posted by: cognaut - 15-10-2019, 11:14 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (12)

I am finding the frame rate goes down about 20X and is unusable when pouring fluid into a transparent glass, like the picture illustrated on the Obi Fluid product.  
I am using Unity 2019, and have built a simple project like the water faucet demo that works fine with the bucket included.  When I try to use a transparent glass setup like the bucket to receive the liquid, it works, but the frame rate is orders of magnitude slower and unusable.
The picture on the product shows fluid flowing from one transparent container to another, is this possible?
-Jeff

Print this item

Softbodies clipping into each other
Posted by: JanikH - 15-10-2019, 05:22 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (5)

Hi,

we currently evaluating if we can use this asset to approximate small bags of sand.
We have had some success but are currently running into the following issue:

When one of the softbodies shown below falls onto another, they "merge" together, practically getting pulled into each other.

[attachment=431]

Is this a problem with our setup and if so, how can we fix it?
Or is this simply not a supported use case?

Print this item

How do i stitch multiple ropes together
Posted by: Bhavani G - 15-10-2019, 02:25 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I am able to stitch two ropes together but i want to stitch multiple ropes together using Obi Stitcher.

If anyone knows the answer please suggest me....

Thanks...

Print this item

Make part of rope static at runtime.
Posted by: superdev - 11-10-2019, 08:25 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to make parts of rope static at runtime ? Like making only half of the rope that is wrapped around an object static and the hanging part dynamic.

Print this item

Pregunta About the cloth generation script before execution
Posted by: tukuyo - 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

I'm trying to generate multiple fabrics using Obi.
I created it by referring to SackGenerator, RuntimeClothGenerator, etc., but there is a problem because initialization is not executed.

I want to execute initialization. what should I do?

I know how to generate it during execution, but how can I run it in an editor script before execution?

Print this item

Connect two ropes together?
Posted by: GytisDev - 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello, thanks for great asset!

My question would if it's possible to connect two seperate ropes together? My use case is as follows: I have a electricity wire coated with isolation layer (just a blue rope), I need to make an effect that user can remove the isolation layer when a knife comes near the end of the wire (only in one spot on whole rope). So my idea was to have separate ropes connected (one long and two short ones). Firstly, the wire is made out of long blue rope and short blue rope, then when knife comes close, disable the short blue rope and enable the short exposed wire-colored rope. If it's possible or if there is a better solution please let me know. Thank you.

Print this item

Missing Script in 2019.2
Posted by: robert.nally - 09-10-2019, 06:57 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi I recently upgraded my project to 2019.2 and then imported Obi Rope.  I was checking out the scene Electrical Wires and hoping to place everything into a prefab to test in one of my preexisting scenes.  Unfortunately on the Obi Rope object a script appears to be missing.  The scene still works but it won't if that component is removed.  So the script seems to still be working, but because it is listed as missing I can't make that object into a prefab and if I recreate the object from scratch I'm worried it won't work without that script and I don't know and can't see the name of that script.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate what I'm seeing.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?   Thanks in advance for any help and pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

Print this item

Fluid behavior changing over time
Posted by: billmccrary - 07-10-2019, 08:14 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Another weird one - getting closer to release means all the fun weird bugs start popping up...

We have a slow flowing fluid, that on app starts works like we want.  However, after some period of time (~15-30 mins), the behavior changes.  For example, the fluid simply stops flowing like it should and 'sticks'.

We're looking on our end now to see if we're not turning something on or off when needed.

Question - is there some life cycle calls or other 'cleanup' utility methods we can or should be calling to keep things tidy?  For example, if I'm emitting fluid from one solver/emitter pair, then I want to turn that off and turn on another one, is there some 'reset' process we should be doing in our scripts?  I didn't see this documented explicitly but maybe we're missing it.

Also - any chance you can shed some light on what this ObiSolver.ResetSimulationTime() method does?

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/docs/...0f0e4957f7

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Obi Rope problems in 2019.2.8
Posted by: yulaw2k - 07-10-2019, 07:58 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

I cannot "Edit Curve". Or Click on particles in "Edit Particles"
Right now I have to open a blank 2018 project ( I Havent tried other versions of 2019)
Edit the curve, and export that prefab into my 2019 project.

Print this item