» Views: 108
License
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: bad.penny.games
19-03-2024, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 6,816

Obi Softbody on SpeedTree
Posted by: JordanSliz - 01-09-2019, 02:34 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (4)

Hey there.  I'm looking to incorporate softbody physics into our environment pipeline, to replace a few overlapping systems that don't all affect each other fluidly.

A simple question:  Does Obi Softbody work on SpeedTrees in Unity?

Print this item

Amazing plugin,can you make a ue4 version?
Posted by: xermao - 31-08-2019, 08:35 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I'm a ue4 user,and I want to use your plugin.

Print this item

Self Collisions auto-checks itself during Play
Posted by: Martian - 31-08-2019, 12:28 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello,

I've been getting familiar with Obi Fluid and have found that all emitters in my scene, once I hit play, auto-check Self Collisions regardless of whether or not I have it turned off. This has been happening in the sample scenes, so at first I assumed it was because of a script, but have since tested it in other cases and it still occurs.

To recreate:
Make a new scene
Place an Obi Emitter and Solver in the scene.
Make sure Self Collisions is unchecked on the emitter.
Press play. The Self Collisions box is now rechecked.

Any help on permanently disabling Self Collisions on certain emitters would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Print this item

Rope jiggle after sudden animation position change of handle constraints
Posted by: pixhellmann - 28-08-2019, 11:38 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

I have an animated device which has a rope between two animated elements.
I used the Handle constraint setup on the first and last particle. (works very nicely)

We have many timelines driving this devices animations.
The issue is, that the elements jump positions between the timelines.
So the rope suddenly gets a new position and of course it jumps like crazy to settle down. (impressively robust though!)

I have several ideas to workaround this:

1. create many ropes - for each timeline one, with a new emitter curve and initialized rest pose, which we than activate per timeline.
    so it starts with at least a somewhat correct pose.
    downside is have have to manually create each curve, create new handle constraints and move them under the two elements.
  2. somehow store initial poses for each timeline and feed this at the beginning of each timeline into one rope as initial pose.
Do you have any other ideas?

I am not a coder but we have some here in the office (but they are extremely busy right now, so as soon as I know which way is possible, I would bother them with that issue Guiño

If you need more clarification please let me know. I can upload a video and share it via PM (since it cant be shown publicly)

Thank you very much!

Best,
Philipp

Print this item

WebGL build fails
Posted by: nMikharev - 25-08-2019, 01:53 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hello! I am trying to build FaucetAndBucket scene with webGL, and getting 49 errors.
Could you please help me to overcome those or this asset just not for webGL?
Maybe i am just setup my project wrong?

- its clean new project with asset imported i am trying to build.
- i am using 2019.3.0.
- with windows build, everything works fine.

webGL fails with 49 errors with this message(UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 49 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00275] in <5e3c867fd4cc418f8c0584e878722a23>:0
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <5e3c867fd4cc418f8c0584e878722a23>:0
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr))

here is some log:
(i wont spam this page with full log, so here is random lines):

Assets\Obi\Sample Scenes\SampleResources\Scripts\BucketController.cs(7,13): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ObiEmitter' does not exist in the namespace 'Obi' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Obi\Sample Scenes\SampleResources\Scripts\ColliderHighlighter.cs(6,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiSolver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Obi\Rendering\ObiDistanceFieldRenderer.cs(21,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiCollider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Print this item

Particles go through the bucket
Posted by: TsaiHao - 25-08-2019, 03:32 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi, I am using Obi Fluid in steamvr. I wanted to copy the bucket sample in my project and it worked fine in origin scale. But when I scale the bucket to (0.2, 0.2, 0.2), particles just went throgh the bucket. I changed particle material and resolution and not help. How can I solute this?
Best wishes!

Print this item

zero gravity
Posted by: lexxx - 23-08-2019, 08:34 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

hello,

we have a rope in space, but even with setting the gravity to 0 it still pulls down.
the solver is added runtime, as in the grapplehook example

please help

Print this item

Pregunta Initialize a softbody on scaled objects via script
Posted by: aznaf - 23-08-2019, 08:24 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (6)

Imagine I have a skinned mesh object and it is scaled by its bones, is there a way to initialize & bind skin (using its current shape) from scripts?

Print this item

Obi Fluid - Tunnelling
Posted by: TimLewis - 20-08-2019, 05:27 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hey guys,

I'm using Obi Fluid to fill glasses which are made out of a collection of primitive colliders, and then moving the glass (full of Obi fluid) using Physics.

My issue is that when I move things too fast I experience Tunnelling - and I'm wondering if you know how to move fast objects with Physics without Tunnelling?

Things I've tried so far:

- Moving a Kinematic Object with Rigidbody.MovePosition.
- Moving a non-kinematic object with a FixedJoint attached to a Kinematic Object moving with with Rigidbody.MovePosition.

I got it work when using Rigidbody.AddForce - and this makes sense since it's updating the velocity which is obviously what the particles read from to simulate their position.

What I'm not clear on is why the same wouldn't be true for a Kinematic Object using Rigidbody.MovePosition, as this also internally updates the rigidbody.velocity.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, and do you know of a way to fix the tunnelling issue while using Kinematic RB.MovePosition?

Thanks for all your help,

Tim

Print this item

Performance issues
Posted by: Smurfj3 - 20-08-2019, 05:07 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (31)

Hello,

I discovered some performance issues I did not notice until more players joined but every rope generated takes about 15 fps away which is quite a lot considering I need about 20 ropes to be able to render at the same time. Are my expectations just way to high or is there something I did wrong? I can literally disable the rope and my fps instantly jumps at least 15.

The way my ropes work is they are constantly moving which is of course more demanding then static ropes I assume. Basically there is the players hand and then there is an animal that is on a lease, so the rope constantly need updating.

Help is appreciated Sonrisa

Print this item