» Views: 122
Getting the force acting ...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
24-04-2024, 08:40 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 100

Wrap rope around objects
Posted by: KasSanity - 21-10-2019, 06:12 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello

I am trying to make rope collision so that it won't go past objects because I want to be able to wrap the rope around instead of skipping through it. So far I haven't been able to replicate this effect but have tried multiple times.

What is the best options/settings to use in ObiSolver or ObiRope to make this possible? =o

Best regards
Kas

Print this item

Renderable positions don't match rendered curve positions
Posted by: meshpotato - 21-10-2019, 11:51 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi!
I might have misunderstood the documentation, but what I essentially want to do is get the world position of two particles on the rope and align a sprite transform with it.
It seems like the positions in the ObiSolver's renderablePositions-array and the positions I get back from ObiRope.GetParticlePosition() don't match the one's used to render the rope mesh.

Is this expected behaviour and is there something I can do to get a precise world position on the rope curve at runtime?
Thanks and let me know if I need to clarify my issue more!  Sonrisa

Print this item

Particle distance problem
Posted by: IlyaZzz - 20-10-2019, 09:06 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (5)

Hello.

For my project, I need to simulate coins in a bag.
And when I throw coins there, the following happens:

[attachment=440]

This is inside:

[attachment=441]

The mass of the coin is equal to the mass of the particle in the bag (0.01)

These are my solver and cloth settings:

[attachment=442][attachment=443]

So, how to get rid of stretching the package?
How to make a fixed distance between particles?

Upd

And I have one more question.

How to optimize coin collision? 
When I have 50 of them on scene, I have big problems with my performance...

This is the coin settings:

[attachment=445]

Print this item

如何将绳索部分隐藏
Posted by: 邱飞smd - 20-10-2019, 03:33 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

我想做一个切割绳子的游戏,在绳子切割后,如何将绳子的一端隐藏。我没有找到任何方法。请告诉我该怎么做,谢谢了

Print this item

Pregunta Never stop generating particles
Posted by: Alx06 - 19-10-2019, 10:54 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello,

I'm really new in the Unity world so please be kind with me Sonrisa

I'm playing with the FluidViscosity sample scene and I'd like to generate particles with the emitter continuously.
Currently it does emit 2000 particles and then stops.
I'd like to have a continuous flow.

Is that possible?
How can I achieve that?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Alex

Print this item

Particle Editor Not showing up
Posted by: ccBLI - 18-10-2019, 06:54 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello, 

I'm having a problem with a newly set up Cloth object. After initializing correctly, when I hit the edit particles button nothing shows up, neither the window or the particles on the mesh. The samples for the plugin work fine and the particle editor works in the Character Cloth demo.

(18-10-2019, 06:54 PM)ccBLI Wrote: Hello, 

I'm having a problem with a newly set up Cloth object. After initializing correctly, when I hit the edit particles button nothing shows up, neither the window or the particles on the mesh. The samples for the plugin work fine and the particle editor works in the Character Cloth demo.

Aha, there are errors. This is the error I'm getting:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiClothEditor.UpdateParticleEditorInformation () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiClothEditor.cs:96)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:247)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7ba07f088431485bb722f3b3373e87ee>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7ba07f088431485bb722f3b3373e87ee>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <7ba07f088431485bb722f3b3373e87ee>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2837)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2126)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1987)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <7ba07f088431485bb722f3b3373e87ee>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Print this item

Cloth Simulation in Obi Softbody
Posted by: ary1111 - 17-10-2019, 05:10 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Since Obi Cloth doesn't currently support 2019, are there parameters I could set on something like the plastic sheet example that would give me cloth sheet like properties? Thanks!

Print this item

How detect amount of fluid in a container
Posted by: Immersive_Matt - 16-10-2019, 08:46 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (5)

Hello,

I am trying to create a cooking game where you can blender fruits and pour the juice into a container. For the game, I need to detect if a container was fill and how much liquid was in it.  I also need to be able to distinguish between different types of liquid like apple juice or orange juice to make sure the correct liquid is in it. What would be a good way to do this? 

Thank you

Print this item

Issue with darkening on mobile
Posted by: nsanders90 - 16-10-2019, 06:58 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hello, I am currently integrating some Obi effects into a project. We have it looking great in the Unity Editor but when I bring it to device (android or iOS) it looks a bit different, mostly in terms of darkness.

Attached are all pertaining settings, if you need anything else please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TtQgYK...vRwKGunnUM

Thank you!

Print this item

About "Edit Particles-> Fix Translation" when creating cloth before execution.
Posted by: tukuyo - 16-10-2019, 08:10 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Creating a Cloth object with Obi before running was a success.
However, the cloth generated at runtime seems to mean that it doesn't move with the red particles as shown. (Attachment 1)

How should I write a script to fix this?
The method I tried is the following script,

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Obi;

[RequireComponent(typeof(MeshFilter))]
// [RequireComponent(typeof(SkinnedMeshRenderer))]

public class genCloth : MonoBehaviour
{

public Mesh mesh;
   public SphereCollider virtualHand;
   public float Damping = 0;
   public float Stretching = 0;
   public float Bending = 0;
   public int resolution;
   public Vector3 Accelerration;
   private Cloth component;

public ObiSolver solver;
    public ObiMeshTopology topology;
    public void setUpObi() {
       if(mesh == null || topology == null){
           Debug.LogError("Either the mesh or the topology are null. You must provide a mesh and an empty topology asset in order to generate cloth.");
       }

ObiCloth cloth = GetComponent<ObiCloth>();

var filter = GetComponent<MeshFilter>();
       filter.sharedMesh = mesh;
       var skin = GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>();
       skin.sharedMesh = mesh;

topology.InputMesh = mesh;
       topology.Generate();

cloth.Solver = solver;
       cloth.SharedTopology = topology;

cloth.enabled = true;

StartCoroutine(cloth.GeneratePhysicRepresentationForMesh());

cloth.AddToSolver(null);

for(int i = 0; i < mesh.vertices.Length; i++){
           cloth.invMasses[i] = 1.0f / (Mathf.Max(1,0.00001f) * cloth.areaContribution[i]);
           cloth.velocities[i] = Vector3.zero;
       }
       cloth.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.INV_MASSES | ParticleData.VELOCITIES);

}

}

Before the initialization coroutine was finished, the value was rewritten, and only the last particle appeared blue, which was meaningless. (Attachment 2)

How can I solve it?

Print this item