» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 130

Can't flow fluid
Posted by: mkaanztrk - 19-09-2019, 08:34 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello all,

I am new to obi fluid and i am having an issue with the flow.
Whenever i start the simulation, particles stop at the exact point, it feels like an invisible thing forcing against them.
I've tried everything but couldn't find a solution.
Thank you for your help.

Print this item

WebGl support
Posted by: mdinitz - 17-09-2019, 01:52 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi community,
I'm looking to purchase this plugin, but the project I am working on at the moment requires WebGl support. 
Does Obi Cloth work with WebGl?
Thanks for the answers.

Print this item

How to control the length of a rope?
Posted by: HenryChinaski - 17-09-2019, 11:22 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

Hi,

I want to have a rope hanging between two poles, representing an electrical cable. I created a rope object, assigned a line renderer to it and a curve editor. 
Inside the curve editor I positioned the two points at the positions of the two poles, selected the first and last particle and assigned a handle for each. The distance iteration property of the obi solver is at 3. On the rope the distance constrain stretching scale is at 0.01 and all stiffnesses at 1.

If I hit play now (the in-editor-playing doesn't work for me) the rope hangs inbetween both points correctly, but in the middle it stretches way more than I would like it to stretch (far through the floor).

I read a little bit in the forum but the solutions provided don't help me like decreasing the time step of our whole game. 

There must be a way to determine the length of a rope I believe? Could you give me a hint how to solve this issue?

Best regards,
Daniel

Print this item

Obi Rope and Obi Cloth Shader Compilation Error
Posted by: Sbmhome - 16-09-2019, 07:40 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

I'm getting the below errors when creating a build for my game.

Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 82 (on d3d11)
Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK LIGHTPROBE_SH UNITY_SINGLE_PASS_STEREO
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

Shader error in 'Obi/Simple Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 68 (on d3d11)
Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK LIGHTPROBE_SH
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

I noticed a previous post suggested that the error was related to this line of code not being present in the shader. BUT IT IS present in both of the shaders.
#pragma multi_compile_fwdbase nolightmap

I'm Using Unity 2017.4.24f and ObiRope 3.2 and ObiCloth 3.2

Thanks.

Print this item

Problems with Obi Cloth
Posted by: TH3H3RO - 16-09-2019, 02:14 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hey all,
I just bought Obi Cloths and wanted to look at some of the demo scenes.
Unfortunately none of them work. Please see the provided link for clarification. here
I am on Unity 2019.1.3f

Regards,

Dan

Print this item

Older Fluid versions
Posted by: Elran - 16-09-2019, 07:59 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

hey there Obi, 
first of all, i love the product, such an easy way to generate amazing results.

we would love using it in our product, that unfortunately has been built on unity 2017, was wondering if there is a supporting version available?

Print this item

Rope jittery with pin and fixed contraints
Posted by: ftf_shess - 16-09-2019, 05:37 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello,

I'm seeing a lot of jitter for a rope on both ends - it has pin contraints on one end, and fixed pos/rot on the other in Unity 2018.4.8.

The pin constraints on one side are pinned to an object with a rigid body that is set to kinematic because it is moved by a player in VR.  The rope is parented under a different object with a rigid body that is also set to kinematic to be moved by the player's other hand in VR.

I've tried making sure the phases are the same and increasing the iterations of Pins, with no change.

Changing the update order to anything other than FixedUpdate makes the side with fixed constraints look correct, but it causes the side with the pinned constraints to wig out and go down through the floor for some reason.

This "down through the floor" behavior happens if I follow the pendulum tutorial online and set the update order to AfterFixedUpdate or Late, so I assume that for a pin constraint, this is just not the correct order in general.

I know this is an odd combination, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious in the setup.

Any thoughts or pointers?

Thanks!

Print this item

Distance Fields not working
Posted by: jaysama - 16-09-2019, 05:37 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hi Obi,

I just purchased Obi Fluid yesterday to make my game. But I experienced difficulty in implementing it, and currently I'm stuck in Distance Fields.
Referring to this thread, that has resolved my initial issues so far (the lag for using raw mesh collider), I am now able to create Distance Field for my fbx glass mesh.
However, when implementing it on sample scene FaucetAndBucket, it seems that the Distance Field doesn't work at all.
The water seems to just went through the mesh.

Pic:
[attachment=401]

Distance Field:

Mesh:

How do I resolve this?

Print this item

Is it able to move softbody with script?
Posted by: harapeco - 16-09-2019, 01:47 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (16)

Hello.

I'd like to move softbody object with script.
for example, attach above code to softbody object.

Code:
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class Gravity : MonoBehaviour {
   public GameObject planet;      
   public float accelerationScale;

void FixedUpdate () {

var direction = planet.transform.position - transform.position;
        direction.Normalize();

GetComponent<Rigidbody>().AddForce(accelerationScale * direction, ForceMode.Acceleration);
    }
}

Is it able to  do this?

or if not, how can i do like this.

Print this item

Make Fluid Less "Jello-like" / Liquid Escapes Container
Posted by: justintsai01 - 15-09-2019, 01:34 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

I have some problems with the ObiFluid. I want a beaker to contain the liquid, and move it around to dump. Can anyone help me if they've run into these problems and solved them?
1. Some drops of liquid "phase" through the beaker. The beaker has the KinematicVelocities, ObiRigidBody, and ObiCollider scripts.
2. The liquid is "jello-like" when I move the beaker with the liquid. Is there some settings I could do to make it not like jelly/honey? I've played around with the emitter material values but nothing works yet.

Any help/suggestions is well appreciated, thanks!

Print this item