» Replies: 5
» Views: 191
Streo Rendering mode
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
16-09-2024, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 179

ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles
Posted by: binhong87 - 05-07-2017, 05:02 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (11)

Hello,

I tried your plugin ObiFluid in my project, but encountered these following issues, please provide technical support.

1. I changed collision evaluation method to "sequential", which seems more stable when particle amount increases. Parallel method gets more tunneling issues.
   But the beaker (the mesh collider) still get leaks, when I move the beaker "a little" more heavily. It looks better when moved slowly.
   Can you provide more technical support on addressing this tunneling issue, I saw your documents saying tunneling issue "almost non-existent". :-)

2. The performance gets significantly decreased when particle amount reaches about 2000, only about some 50 fps.
   The CPU usage is about half. Is there any tips on how to optimize the performance?

3. I found that there are many particles stay in the lowest layer, and the others piled up. And there is even a gap between them, when the smoothing is set above 1.0.
   Is it designed this way, or there is some mis-configurations?

Thanks
Bin

Print this item

Create a plank that is springy -can the rope shape be modified?
Posted by: Ascensi - 05-07-2017, 03:12 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Would it be possible to generate a plank shape and give it the same tension/spring effect and strength?

I want a character to walk to the middle of a plank that has a brick at both ends and as the character walks the board receives the character's weight, bends down from the middle and have the board break if the weight in greater then x amount. I also want to be able to add sound triggers via weight basically giving the player the signal that the board is about to break.

I also need these sound triggers based on weight for the plank as well - I have some great tightening rope/wood squeaking audio clips to use. Would Obi Cloth be better for this senario?

Lastly could you please add the suspension bridge as seen on the asset store page or create a new one to the asset scene demos?

Thank you, Kurt.

Print this item

Rope Enable/Disable
Posted by: PhantomBadger - 04-07-2017, 10:43 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I'm attempting to disable/enable the rope at runtime, I'm correctly disabling/enabling the Obi Rope object, the two anchors at either end, and even the solver, however, upon enable the rope then starts flying around violently, either crashing Unity or flying out of the room into the abyss.
Is there a function or anything I should be calling/doing after re-enabling the rope to allow it to settle properly.

Print this item

Polygon Collider 2D
Posted by: davidrousal - 01-07-2017, 10:35 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hi,

is there any support for Unity's 2D Polygon Collider?

thx a lot in advance

Print this item

Attaching objects along the rope
Posted by: eyefisher - 01-07-2017, 09:13 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I am looking into purchasing ObiRope. The particular need that I have is for a rope system that can have objects attached to it along its length, like a clothesline. Is this possible with this asset. I saw examples where objects are attached at either end, but nothing along the length.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Print this item

Obi 3.1.1 Released
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 30-06-2017, 06:07 PM - Forum: Announcements - No Replies

What has been changed:

- Installation is no longer required.
Obi now works right out of the box, so the installation window has been removed, and the “Editor default resources” and “Gizmos” folders removed.
You can safely delete these from your project before installing 3.1.1.

- Particle renderer is now much faster and also allocates less memory.

If you buy our assets through our website you help us more! http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com

Thanks everybody!

Print this item

How to create and destroy particles procedurally?
Posted by: Pr0fitt3R - 29-06-2017, 08:42 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I would like to know how can I increase and decrease the length of an inextensible rope.

As far as I can see, the best method to do that is increasing (or decreasing) the number of particles in my rope (pressing two diferent keys, such as up and down keys). Since i'm beginner with Obi, I really don't know if this is the best way to do that and I'm opened to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance Gran sonrisa

Print this item

Mass Collisions for Rope
Posted by: PhantomBadger - 27-06-2017, 01:49 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi all,

Im looking to see if it's possible to have the Obi Rope collide with essentially everything in the scene. From reading the docs it seems the only performance issue is during the transfer between C# and C++, which is a performance hit we're fine with having at the start assuming that's the only place it is present.

My current solution is to run something like this:

Code:
   /// <summary>
   /// Collects all the MeshColliders in the scene and attached it to ObiSolver
   /// </summary>
   private void CollectAllColliders()
   {
       //Get all mesh colliders in the scene
       MeshCollider[] allColliders = FindObjectsOfType<MeshCollider>();

//Make a collider group
       Obi.ObiColliderGroup colGroup = new Obi.ObiColliderGroup();
       colGroup.colliders = new List<Collider>(allColliders);

//Attach it to the solver
       ObiSolver.colliderGroup = colGroup;
   }

in the Start() method. This runs fine, but then Unity promptly crashes on the following first frame. The number of colliders is around 924. My main questions stemming from this are as follows;
  • Is this approach possible, but we're just exceeding some kind of upper-limit with colliders?
  • Is there an alternate approach to getting all possible colliders to interact with a single rope instance?
  • Does the performance hit from C#->C++ happen only st the start when they're registered, or every frame as their positions are updated?

I would assume the solution should this not be possible is to simply cherry pick the most important colliders.

Thanks for your response!

Print this item

Adding custom particle forces
Posted by: herbst - 26-06-2017, 05:12 PM - Forum: General - Replies (7)

Hey there, I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple here.
I'm trying to apply custom forces to particles.

So what I did is basically duplicate the ObiSphericalForceZone, since it contains the relevant calls to Oni.AddParticleExternalForces.
However, no matter what I do, this custom script does not apply any forces to the particles.

Is there some magic thing I have to do to make Obi use these custom forces?

Otherwise, I have to put the code directly into the SphericalForceZone or AmbientForceZone, which I'd like to avoid since I am using both already.

Print this item

Question about a specific Obi Rope application
Posted by: kkansy - 26-06-2017, 10:32 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hello Sonrisa I want to create a rather long hose dragged by a dynamic object throughout the scene, while keeping collision with the scene objects like building, trees etc. as well as realistic hose baviour, including two-way dragging. Is Obi Rope suitable for such application? Thanks in advance for help.

Print this item