» Views: 191
Streo Rendering mode
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
16-09-2024, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 178

Adding a cape to a character
Posted by: GenPhiGames - 23-07-2017, 07:29 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi,

What would be the best way to add a cape to a character and use collision so that the cape doesn't move through any part of the character? The cape is a separate mesh so it is not attached to the rigged character or animation. Do I have to do it the Unity way or is there a way to use the characters mesh?

Thank you!

Print this item

Objects joined with ropes
Posted by: wifor - 20-07-2017, 02:14 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I have 4 objects placed in a row and joined together with rope, obi rope, using "Pin Constraints". All ropes are exactly the same but only one works correctly. That is, if I throw the two objects that are hooked to the running rope, drag the rest of objects, but if I throw the others the rope will stretch and never move the other objects. How can I do for all objects to be dragged away?

Print this item

License
Posted by: Mateusz_Madein - 20-07-2017, 02:01 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

Hi,
Where can I find a detailed license of Obi Rope?

Print this item

Improving collisions and self collisions
Posted by: Pr0fitt3R - 19-07-2017, 04:55 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (9)

Guys, are there any way to improve the collisions and self collisions besides increasing the number of iterations? Now I'm using 100 iterations, but sometimes my rope just ignore the obstacles and even itself. My rig is dealing great with that amout of iterations and icreasing it wouldn't be a problem, but I wonder if there is another parameter that i'm missing.

I'm trying to curl a rope on a reel but, sometimes, one part of the rope just pass through another. Other times it pass through the reel walls. It doesn't happens all the time, just some times. But I need to reduce this glitch as much as possible.

Thanks in advance! Gran sonrisa

Print this item

Does ObiCloth work with Unity 2017.1 ?
Posted by: trumpetx - 18-07-2017, 02:19 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

I'm seeing some things that don't look like the manual - just curious if it's 2017.1 related (see screenshot).

Buttons don't have the icons and the menu is text only.

Anyway, I'm having some other first time setup issues, but I wanted to ask this first before I continued trying to debug.

Print this item

Obi Rope GC allocation
Posted by: tazcebula - 18-07-2017, 05:40 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hey Guys,

I just bought Obi Rope fantastic job it works great.

I couldn't find a unity forum so I'll ask here - the only issue I have with using it in game is the Garbage Collection that's getting allocated most frames, is there any way you can reduce that in the next update? I'm working on a VR game and that'll soon add up at 90 fps

Thanks
Taz

Print this item

Manually Placing Rope Particles
Posted by: PhantomBadger - 17-07-2017, 02:02 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I'm looking to sync the position of the rope over a network, my initial test is getting the positions of the particles via the

Code:
ObiRope.GetParticles(index)

method, networking these values, then setting them on the other side, however I cannot seem to set them. My current attempt is as follows;

Code:
   private void SetPositions()
   {
       if (entity.isAttached)
       {
           for (int i = 0; i < ObiRope.UsedParticles && i < PositionArrayHardLimit; i++)
           {
               state.RopePositions[i] = ObiRope.GetParticlePosition(i);
           }
       }
   }

private void GetPositions()
   {
       if (entity.isAttached)
       {
           for (int i = 0; i < ObiRope.UsedParticles && i < PositionArrayHardLimit; i++)
           {
               ObiRope.Solver.renderablePositions[ObiRope.particleIndices[i]] = state.RopePositions[i];
               ObiRope.Solver.UpdateActiveParticles();
           }
       }
   }
I can confirm that state.RopePositions contains the correct values when referenced by the client, but I'm unable to tell the solver to use these positions. Is this a thing that is even possible with ObiRope? Am I going about this all wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Print this item

Problem with using Obi Cloth and LeapMotion Hands
Posted by: matchalover - 17-07-2017, 09:53 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

I'm working on a project which need to use LeapMotion for the input and ObiCloth for the physical properties of the game objects in Unity 3D. It seems good in the first time i use. But when i try to add Obi Cloth for an object. It crashed. Then, it crashed for all the object which is using ObiCloth. Are there any confliction between LeapMotion Hands (Capsule Collider) with the Obi Cloth? Please help !

Print this item

Instantiated Rope w/ Pin Constraints Causes Unity to Crash (5.6.1 & 5.6.2)
Posted by: gxiv. - 14-07-2017, 02:31 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hi!

My name is gxiv (gee-fourteen.) I'm currently experiencing the following bug with ObiRope in Unity 5.6.2 (/1):

I've made a prefab for a rope that has all the properties I desire.
I want to instantiate this prefab with a mouse click, and have pin constraints generated on both ends of the rope.
If I include the pin constraints on the original prefab, then on instantiation of the rope Unity will freeze and crash.

I see there being two possible solutions:
1. I dynamically add the pin constraints when the rope is instantiated. I'm unsure of how to do this right now but believe it might be done through the main ObiRope script or the ObiRopeCursor (not ObiPinConstraints, oddly enough [correct me if I'm wrong!])

2. I continue with the method I am trying right now (with the pin constraints built into the prefab) and try to avoid whatever is crashing Unity. I'm less optimistic that this approach will pan out, as including the pin constraints in the prefab feels very dirty to me (though in terms of the problem there is nothing conceptually wrong with it, because the two ends will always be pinned to the same two rigidbodies.)

So yeah.. If any one has any advice on which of the two approaches I should follow, how to dynamically pin particles of a rope, or how to avoid the crash I am getting - I will appreciate any ideas you have to share!

cheers,
gxiv

Print this item

compiler error messages
Posted by: ampers_andy - 13-07-2017, 02:24 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi

Hope this is the right way to ask. Just got a copy of OBI fluid. Works fine and seems to be a great asset.

Obi program works fine if installed alone, but if I also install Unity's standard assets either before or after installing OBI fluid, several compiler errors appear. They do not appear if I include Obi fluid alone or standard assets alone. Looks like this...

Assets/Standard Assets/2D/Scripts/Platformer2DUserControl.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

etc...

I use Unity 2017.1.0f3 and have also tried 5.6 and I have the latest standard assets

most likely a simple problem but if anyone has an idea, please help me

Print this item