» Views: 43
(7.0) Still confused abou...
Forum: General
Last Post: kodra
07-05-2024, 03:13 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 172

Grab the middle of a rope?
Posted by: BlueTel - 24-08-2017, 04:16 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (13)

I'm working on a Vive VR project that will have a loop at the top with a rope threaded through it and each side dangling down.  The user will be able to grab any point along the rope with the motion controllers and pull.  With standard joint ropes, this tends to cause all sorts of physics problems, especially if the user pulls too far too quickly or twists the joints around.

I saw the videos of Obi Rope, and it looks like you can easily move the ends of the rope around without a problem, but would something like this be possible - allowing the rope to be grabbed at different points along its length with virtual hands and pulled around?  And if so, could you maybe point me in the right direction of how to go about it?

Thanks!

Print this item

ObiStitcher question.
Posted by: kkansy - 24-08-2017, 01:23 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

Hello!

Rope Showcase scene in sample scenes containes example use case of ObiStitcher. I would like to use it, but It's not very clear how to make it work. I haven't found anything about it in documentation, besides short information in component's source header, which wasn't very helpful either. The part that's confusing:

Quote:In edit mode, select the actors to be stitched and then select groups of particles and click "stitch". Or, create stitches by closeness.
1. Is said "edit mode" is enabled by clicking "Edit" on component's inspector? Or is it something else?

2. How should I exactly select particles from different ropes? When having two ropes selected and entering "Edit particles" mode only particles from one of the ropes are visible.
3. Where can I find "stitch" button?
I would appreciate some help in this matter. 

Print this item

unity crashed when add certain mesh obi cloth
Posted by: johnchuang - 24-08-2017, 05:55 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (8)

Hi, I used obi cloth 3.1.1 in unity 3.6.1f1. I add it to a certain mesh then press the run button , and the Unity just crashed. I guess maybe it was the topology of the mesh which caused the crashing, but I'm not sure. Can you check my scene to figure out what happened ? And
also give me some advice about certain kind of mesh (part of a clothes actually).
Could you give me your email address so I can send you the mesh and scene? The forum doesn't support 30M file uploading .

Print this item

Cloth colision with mesh colliders
Posted by: felipeyounner - 23-08-2017, 06:25 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi,

I need create realistic clothes in Unity, but im having some dificulties with obi colision with mesh colliders, the cloth is ignoring my colliders and entering in my model. I tried to follow some tutorials that i found about obi cloth and it doesnt make any sense why it is ignoring my colliders. Is there any component besides the obi colider group component that i need to make the collisions work?

And how do you guys make the first example on your asset store video? The one that the cloth slides trought the model? A demo scene would be awesome.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english Sonrisa

Print this item

What's new in Obi 3.2
Posted by: josemendez - 23-08-2017, 10:58 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (2)

Hi everyone,

Obi 3.2 is near completion. We haven't added much new features this time.

Instead, we took the collision system back to the drawing board and made it all better. Most of the feedback we got for previous versions had to do with the collision setup workflow, so we focused on that.

You can read the details here:
http://blog.virtualmethodstudio.com/2017...whats-new/

hope you'll enjoy it!

Print this item

Unable to load dll "libOni" on UWP
Posted by: trujano - 16-08-2017, 06:43 PM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Hi,

I am trying to use Obi Rope in a Windows Universal Application. I am aware that Obi Rope is not officially supported and does not build out of the box since ConvertAll is not available for Windows Phone (and thus Windows Universal). I was able to get around this and successfully build by creating my own ConvertAll method and replacing all instances with it.

However, when I try to run the application on the device the rope does not move because libOni is not loaded correctly. The exact error is

Code:
DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libOni': The specified module could not be found
. Is there anyway I can make sure the Dll gets copied correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando

Print this item

Moving an ObiCloth GameObject by code
Posted by: matchalover - 15-08-2017, 03:04 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

It seems like we can't have movement on an ObiCloth GameObject by Unity code. I have tried to use GO.transform.position but it just move its collider not its ObiCloth component. Are there any way to make an Obi object to move?

Print this item

Dynamic Pin Constraints?
Posted by: gxiv. - 14-08-2017, 02:04 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi!

What is the method for dynamically adding pin constraints to a rope??

I've tried creating an ObiPinConstraintBatch object, using the AddConstraint function, and then using AddBatch to add the pinconstraintbatch to the ropes pin constraints. I reference the pin constraints of my rope with:
pinConstraints = swingRope.GetComponent<ObiPinConstraints> ();

Is this the proper way of doing this? Because what I've written appears to have no affect! I would appreciate any help!!

gxiv

Print this item

VR Suport
Posted by: bananalopa - 11-08-2017, 11:44 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi

Does your asset support VR?

Print this item

Pregunta PS4 and XBox Platform Support
Posted by: BoloPL - 10-08-2017, 07:13 PM - Forum: General - Replies (7)

Hi,

I've a question about platform support in the near future. I've found that PS4 and Xbox could be added.
What's your plan about supporting PS4 and XBox platform, and also do you consider to support Nitendo Switch platform in the future?

I know it's holiday time, but I'll be thankful for fast replay.

Thanks, Bolo

Print this item