» Views: 169
Question of the ObiRope l...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: rinrin
07-05-2024, 02:33 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 116

3.2 Error on importing Asset
Posted by: tbookout - 08-09-2017, 05:29 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

In Editor Settings I have "Asset Serialization" set to 'Force Text'.
After deleting ObiRope 3.1 and importing 3.2, I get the error message: "Binary to YAML conversion: type unsigned int is unsupported"

Workaround was before upgrading, switch Asset Serialization to 'Mixed Mode'.
Then return to 'Force Text' after import.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention I am using Unity 5.6.3.

Print this item

Changing rope length
Posted by: devPuppy - 07-09-2017, 05:44 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious but cannot find the information I need.

How do you change the length of the rope in the Unity Editor? The crane example scene does so programmatically but I would like to change the length of my rope permanently in Unity.

Thanks!!

Print this item

Instantiate new rope on tear
Posted by: niZmo - 06-09-2017, 02:55 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Like the title says I'd like to make a new rope object out of the torn ropes pieces. For what I need to do, I cannot have two pieces of a rope as the same gameObject. I was thinking of using the ObiRopeCursor. I could get the particle where the rope is torn, init a new prefab based of the length of the original rope minus the tear particle index and use the cursor to set the new and the old ropes lengths. Works in theory. Is this the way to go about it or is there an easier way? It would be a nice API addition for obi rope, a little bool parameter under the Tearable param Guiño .

Print this item

"Edit Particles" NullReferenceException
Posted by: RoryMakarov - 05-09-2017, 12:11 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

I am getting the following error when clicking "Edit Particles"

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiPinConstraints.OnDrawGizmosSelected () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Constraints/ObiPinConstraints.cs:52)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.DrawParticles () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:332)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.DrawActorInfo () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:598)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:262)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2408)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1737)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1569)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)

Print this item

vertical stacking of fluids of different density
Posted by: shapevoid - 01-09-2017, 01:21 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hello,

Im looking for a solution to be able to vertically stack liquids of different density, obviously this is slightly removed from reality as most liquids would just mix, however what I want to do is add layers of different liquids in a tube. Can I exaggerate the properties of the particles to ensure that some liquids (eg milk) will have a greater density than others (eg honey), therefore allowing me to stack them vertically?

Cheers

Print this item

Pregunta Frequently Asked Questions
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 01-09-2017, 11:45 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions in our website. 
It's updated frequently.

Obi FAQ

Read them before asking!

Print this item

Posted by: lidiamartinez - 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

It's updated frequently.

Obi FAQ

Read them before asking!

Print this item

Posted by: lidiamartinez - 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

It's updated frequently.

Obi FAQ

Read them before asking!

Print this item

Posted by: lidiamartinez - 01-09-2017, 08:56 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

It's updated frequently.

Obi FAQ

Read them before asking!

Print this item

New video: Performance and the Death Spiral
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 01-09-2017, 08:50 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (1)

This will be very interesting to all of you, if you are learning how to use Physics Engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVqa-72-Ms

Print this item