» Replies: 5
» Views: 189
Streo Rendering mode
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
16-09-2024, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 178

Pregunta exposing ElastoplasticMaterial values?
Posted by: StudioTatsu - 09-02-2019, 07:01 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

Can you expose the current progression values from the ElastoplasticMaterial?
It would be great if we can get the comparison variables from plasticRecovery and maxDeformation equations.

Basically, the variables used to compare the current recovery value to plasticRecovery amount and current deformation value to maxDeformation amount. 
If those values are already exposed, what class do they reside in?
Thanks

Print this item

Rope starts out a bit curled inside itself
Posted by: KjetilMV - 08-02-2019, 03:48 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi

My rope starts a bit curled after generating. The issue is less apparant with a high rope resolution, but my rope has to be low res because I want a steel wire like behaviour.

I've attached a screenshot fo the curve and here's a vid of extending the rope right after generation: https://imgur.com/a/vNhPZdd

I'm generated the rope with a modified version of the RuntimeRopeGenerator - where I input a manually created ObiCurve.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Using Obi Fluid and Rope together
Posted by: TimLewis - 07-02-2019, 07:03 PM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

Hey,

I recently purchased both Obi Fluid and Rope to use in a commercial project together. I'm having some issues bringing both into the project, as certain files such as ObiCurve.cs are different in both packages (abstract in Fluid and not in Rope is one example). 

I can go through and merge both in, although my concern is in doing so I may butcher it enough that it doesn't work down the line (ie. changing Rope to use the ControlPoint struct).

My hope is that you'll have a version of these files that should work with both assets, since it's advertised as these assets are designed to be used together - so I'm assuming that they should do.

Look forward to hearing from anyone,

Thanks

Tim

Print this item

Coil up a rope and disable physics on it
Posted by: mandark83 - 07-02-2019, 04:21 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'm using OBI rope 4.0 asset.
I want to coil it up so I can put it in a locker.
When I pick it from the locker again it should then expand to it's original length.

My questions:
1. Can I make a coiled up version of the rope and disable all physics on it? 
2. How to wrap it in a custom shape?
3. How to disable physics on the rope? Disabling components randomly only makes the rope mesh disappear.

Thank you

Print this item

4 warnings: CS0618
Posted by: Richard - 07-02-2019, 02:47 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

4 error messages are printed.
"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(98,5): warning CS0618: 'BuildTargetGroup.PSM' is obsolete: 'PSM has been removed in >= 5.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(99,5): warning CS0618: 'BuildTargetGroup.Tizen' is obsolete: 'Tizen has been removed in 2017.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(35,10): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.PSM' is obsolete: 'PSM has been removed in >= 5.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(36,10): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.Tizen' is obsolete: 'Tizen has been removed in 2017.3'"

What can I do?

Print this item

warning CS00108
Posted by: Richard - 07-02-2019, 01:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

"Assets\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiCloth.cs(78,14): warning CS0108: 'ObiCloth.Awake()' hides inherited member 'ObiClothBase.Awake()'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended." is printed. Do I have to do something?

Print this item

Interacting with cloth with OVRGrabber
Posted by: Mrpillis - 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi-

I am using an Oculus touch with Obi Cloth- so far, the hands can cause collisions if the hands have obi colliders on them, but I cannot set up a grabbing dynamic. OVRGrabble requires a rigidbody and collider to grab, but the particles don’t actually have colliders enabled on all the dynamic surfaces. Is there a way to allow for interaction with particle cloths using the properties of collision and rigid bodies?

Print this item

Pregunta Softbody for Vehicles?
Posted by: StudioTatsu - 06-02-2019, 04:46 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (8)

I am attempting to use the obi softbody for vehicle deformation but it extremely challenging.

The problem I am having is the vehicle just collapses (I increased the polycount and frame rate drop dramatically)

I've tried increasing the solver substeps, and the amount of shape matching constraints. Frame rate dropped to 8fps.

Is there a setting similar Obi Rods to keep the rest shape of a softbody and still to allow it to deform? 

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Print this item

Could you help me? how to config this
Posted by: jirawatball - 06-02-2019, 07:25 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I'm doing crane simulator and found a problem with the setting. An uncontrolable swing occured (as the attached vdo). Could you help me?

Huh

Print this item

String for a balloon wiggling problems
Posted by: lesley - 06-02-2019, 06:06 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

We are working on a project and we are using Obi 3.5 to make a string for a balloon.  The string is pinned to the balloon and an avatar is pinned to the string.  We are animating the balloon and the string is pulling up the avatar.  We are getting some pretty intense wiggles.  What can we do to solve this.

Here is a link to a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/lS8pA44Ixc4
I've attached a screenshot of our Obi Rope settings. 

If anyone can help, please reach out.

Print this item