Streo Rendering mode
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
16-09-2024, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 178

Cant use Cloth on Prefab???
Posted by: VrTech - 18-02-2019, 08:32 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Quote:NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiClothEditor.UpdateParticleEditorInformation () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Editor/ObiClothEditor.cs:92)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:247)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2833)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2122)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1983)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:363)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:322)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:845)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Any ideas?

The Particles I edited is lost when I instantiate my character.

Unity 2018.3

Print this item

Ideas to improve fly fishing simulation
Posted by: ChumLee - 17-02-2019, 05:24 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (10)

I've been tinkering with a fly fishing simulator in VR. I attached an ObiRope to the end of a 3m rod.  I'm actually surprised how well things tend to work in general; I'm far away form truly replicating what happens you overhand cast a fly line, but I feel like there is potential. 

Here's what I'm trying to simulate....

[Image: tumblr_okb6qbsm511w2ukaoo1_400.gif.b48e7...81f6df.gif]

There's a lot going on here obviously; aerodynamics probably play a large role, and I assume ObiRope doesn't take into account. So, I doubt this can be replicated simply by placing an ObiRope at the end of a cylinder, but I still want to try...

Some questions I have:

1: How can I make the ObiRope not pivot 360 degrees around the fixed particle at the end of the rod. Any movement that is slightly off course can easily make the rope helicopter around the tip of the rod. Is there any way to encourage the line to only move in a certain plane? (i.e. the plane the rod is moving through).

2: What knobs do I have to reduce the strechiness of the rope... The only thing that I have found effective is reducing the resolution, i.e. number of particles, in the rope... What else can I do?

Any other ideas about how to achieve this effect are welcome!

Print this item

Can ObiSoftbody perform bone deformation by SkinConstraint like ObiCloth?
Posted by: yasuchiki - 16-02-2019, 10:02 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Can ObiSoftbody perform bone deformation by SkinConstraint like ObiCloth?

As far as I see documents and demos, the hands of skinned characters look like rubber sticks to the ends of the bones when applying Softbody.

What I want is to soften by Softbody while keeping the influence of bone deformation like Cloth's SkinConstraint.
In other words, it is a question as to whether or not you can make elastic character like real human body.

I had a question asking if I could make breasts and buttocks with other people's questions, but the answer is just to make it completely rubber like in the document.
This method was not the result I wanted.

Blending with the skinned shape is necessary to obtain the desired shape. In other words, both shape control by the bone and softness of the softbody are required.
I think that there is a lot of demand for monsters with soft bodies such as jelly and glamorous women's body.

I think that the function I wanted can be almost realized by SkinConstraint in Cloth, but can not we make it available for Softbody?

If ObiSoftbody can be used in conjunction with bone deformation, I think that Unity has a revolutionary expression capability that surpasses DCC tools such as Maya.

Print this item

Obi rupe irradic on start (Unity)
Posted by: frg_kova - 15-02-2019, 12:51 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hey guys. I have a big problem, all the ropes are wild when you hit play. They seem to come from world origin (0,0,0) and snap into place, but that pulls/applies force to rigidbodies ends are pinned to.
Any ideas? There's no scripts or physics affecting it, it's only rope in this scene, screenshot for the first frame. Thanks for your help!

[Image: 2019-02-15_1226.jpg]

Obi Rope 4.0.1
Unity 2018.3.0f2

Print this item

Fold up clothing
Posted by: Richard - 15-02-2019, 08:29 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Hello.
I would like to fold up clothing. How can I pick up particles around armpit and shoulders on script at runtime? If I can do that, I think I can fold up clothing by rotation of transformation.

Print this item

Softbody to joints at runtime
Posted by: Richard - 15-02-2019, 02:34 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hello. I would like to make tutorial human, but applied obi softbody to only joints of arms and legs. Can I do that in one mesh(without dividing body parts) at runtime on script?

Print this item

How to lock particles in place?
Posted by: camirving - 14-02-2019, 05:07 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hi there!

I'm trying to fix a part of my Softbody in place.

This is the code I'm using:

[Image: MDLsABr.png]

However, by setting "solver.invMasses" to zero, i start getting

[Image: 8iRidlM.png]

and the simulation goes haywire.

what am I doing wrong?

Print this item

Declare "solver"
Posted by: Richard - 14-02-2019, 04:06 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

In the website(http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html), I think you do not declare "solver".
 How did you declare in that script?

Print this item

How keep water in containers?
Posted by: Andrew - 14-02-2019, 03:24 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

I want to create a beautiful canister with water. Moving a container, even a closed one, causes fluid loss from it. Is it possible for to store liquid in a container and move it without loss of liquid in Obi fluid?

Print this item

how to remove fixed state
Posted by: Richard - 14-02-2019, 02:43 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (24)

Are there some ways to delete or remove all pin constraints and fixed state in the play or on script?

Print this item