» Views: 101
License
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: bad.penny.games
19-03-2024, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 6,809

Build errors with latest Unity
Posted by: Bluerex - 14-01-2019, 06:39 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi,

With the current asset store version of Obi Rope, I get build errors. I created a new, empty project, imported Obi Rope, then opened the solution and did a build, and I get the following errors:

Code:
Error    CS0308    The non-generic type 'Queue' cannot be used with type arguments    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiBone.cs    104  
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Stopwatch' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Coroutines\CoroutineJob.cs    93   
Error    CS0006    Metadata file 'F:\Unit Projects\Test\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found    Test.Editor    F:\Unit Projects\Test\CSC    1    Active

Any tips on how to fix this?

Print this item

Obi Rope doesn't render after Scene restart
Posted by: CommonFruit - 11-01-2019, 08:21 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi,

I'm having an issue where one of my Obi Ropes doesn't render after restarting my scene. The first time I run my game the rope renders correctly. After restarting my scene using "SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name);" my rope still exists in the correct place but it just doesn't render. If i use "Edit Particles" in scene view I can see the particles of my rope are still in the correct place. This is the only rope affected in my scene. I have other ropes in my scene that are unaffected by this issue. 

I should note that I'm creating this rope at runtime using a modified version of the hookshot class that comes with the obi rope asset. The strange part is that the rope is being created correctly and everything is 100% functional except for the fact that on reload the rope is invisible.

Here's a picture showing before and after the scene restart:

[Image: ATVVGaa.png]
[Image: L1tgLJt.png]

Any hints on why this could be happening would be appreciated. I'll keep investigating in the mean time.

Thanks,
Logan

Print this item

T-Shirt Max Particles
Posted by: Gabe Tomsen - 11-01-2019, 01:24 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi,

I´m trying use Obi Cloth with a mesh but I had to set de Max Particles number to 6544. Unfortunately, the scene became very slow and unresponsive.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

all the best

Print this item

Loose clothing sticks together
Posted by: aelbannan - 10-01-2019, 08:19 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi again,

I am having trouble with making very large clothing look normal. It seems like it is "sticking together", as seen below. Any way to make the shown clothing act more natural and not stick together?

[Image: cloth1.png]

[Image: cloth2.png]

Print this item

Android ARM64
Posted by: ickydime - 09-01-2019, 07:26 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Since UWP is not supported I can't build to the Hololens. Instead I figured I'd try Magic Leap, given you support Android.   Unfortunately, when I deploy using armeabi-v7a, the app throws errors saying libOni is x86 and needs to be x64.

Would it be possible to get a x64 bit of the Android .so to test it out?   

I requested more details from MagicLeap as well: https://forum.magicleap.com/hc/en-us/com...to-Request

I've seen other 3rd party libraries provide the following in case it is helpful: aarch64-linux-android

Cheers,

Mark

Print this item

simple rope setup problem (character Animation)
Posted by: kyrann - 08-01-2019, 04:09 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi 
Im pretty new to obi rope 
I just created this simple rope setup but i have some problems.
My character has a hammer in his hand and obi rope is connected from hammer to another asset on characters belt.
When i press play at particle editor ropes end stays exactly where i pinned them and sim works.

But when character starts running ropes end points are not moving with the hammer and the belt unit
rope moves with the character and i can see the simulation but end points of the rope looks pinned to a fixed 3d space not following the hammer animation or the characters belt

hammer has a rigidbody a box collider and obi collider
so does the belt unit
and end points of the rope pinned to these 2 assets

end points are fixed and handles are pinned to hammer obi collider and belts obi collider
clearly im doing something wrong.

Any pointers?

First picture is from particle editor
second picture is from running animation

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture 2.JPG (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 17)
Print this item

How do you properly destroy an Obi Rope at runtime?
Posted by: SamMcG - 07-01-2019, 05:06 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

If I try to destroy a rope simply using Destroy(gameObject), all other ropes using that solver stop working. I've tried using Solver.RemoveActor(rope), but that results in a whole bunch of weird problems. What is the correct way to go about this?

Print this item

Performance optimisation and chain length questions?
Posted by: khos85 - 05-01-2019, 06:55 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi,

I recently started using Obi rope, works well so far. I have a couple questions if that is ok:
Performance optimisation and  chain length questions:

I took the sample chain from the chains scene, imported to my own scene. At runtime I notice that with the chain enabled I get around 250 FPS, if I disable the chain components then FPS goes back to 360-420 FPS, there seems to be a huge performance hit. I have tried to play with settings but but I can't seem to improve performance. Can some one help me with which settings I should look at?

Also for the same scene above, how do I lengthen the chain? I can't seem to do that (I could with a new rope). 

I would appreciate any pointers for the above.

Print this item

When Obi 4 comes out?
Posted by: Snail921 - 05-01-2019, 02:16 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

I read about it on the blog a while ago and still do not have them in the asset store.
When will it come out?

Print this item

contract work cloth OBI
Posted by: therapy777 - 01-01-2019, 10:53 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

I purchase the cloth OBI a couple months ago test the software for months with no luck and hired two artist still no luck on getting my models to work with unity if someone is interested in paid contract work let me know I have two models I would like to test male model with cape and a female model with a dress.

Print this item