» Replies: 5
» Views: 133
Exclude some particles fr...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
17-04-2024, 11:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64

[Solved] Oni.WaitForAllTasks - Slow performance.
Posted by: Tesrym - 27-01-2019, 02:04 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (6)

Using Unity 2018.3.3f1 + HD Render Pipeline
Softbody 4

I have low performance on most scenes.
Deep profiler image attached highlighting Oni.WaitForAllTasks.
No errors or warnings, except for Plastic Sheet scene.*

Affected scenes:
Deformable Barrels
Elastic Character
*Plastic Sheet (The wall in this scene is missing a mesh, causing NullReferenceException for ObiSoftBody.CreateBones)
Rubber Dragon
---
Ball Pool is OK

This is a clean new project.

In 2018.2.20f1, the profiler has a different look.
No HD Render Pipeline in this project.
Clean project to test the asset.

Print this item

Changing values procedurally via code
Posted by: Lozmosis - 27-01-2019, 09:58 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hello devs,

Noob here,

I'm trying to set up some nice egg/yolk physics.

One of the things I'm trying to do is to have the soft body yolk inflate from the cracked egg like a balloon.

The way I've found that would work is to lerp the values:
- ObiVolumeConstraints.overpressure from 0 to 70
- ObiDistanceConstraints.stretchingScale from 0 to 4

I've tried setting this up through a co-routine, or using animations to do so but neither seem to work.

The values do change in the inspector, however it doesn't seem to affect the mesh.

When I modify these values real-time in the editor while running, the mesh responds fine (sliding the values up and down will inflate/deflate the yolk).

Any tips?

Much appreciated!
Thank you <3

Print this item

Cutting cluster nodes is possible?
Posted by: Snail921 - 26-01-2019, 07:49 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

Hi,
In my use case, I need to cut some of cluster nodes which is automatically created for softbodies.
For example in the image, I would like to cut the nodes in the green circled area.
[attachment=229]
How can I make this happen?

Print this item

Importing Obi Softbody to a project
Posted by: Snail921 - 26-01-2019, 02:44 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

Having small issue about importing Obi Softbody asset to a new blank project.
When I import it from asset store, I receive 44 errors. Please see the attachment for the captured log.
[attachment=228]
This can be solved by adding other Obi asset like Obi Cloth.
I checked with Unity 2018.2.19f1 and 2018.3.0f2 and the results are the same in both version.
What is wrong?

Print this item

Obi Rope on Unity 2017.3
Posted by: lesley - 25-01-2019, 05:43 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I was using Obi Rope 3 last night on a project that has a tight deadline and this morning I was going to re-download Obi Rope 3 at work and I noticed the upgrade happened over night.  We are still on Unity 2017.3 and Obi Rope 4 requires 2018.1.  How can I download the latest version of Obi Rope 3?  Is there a way to access previous versions through the Unity Asset store.

Print this item

My shirt
Posted by: Richard - 25-01-2019, 12:23 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (7)

I tried to apply obi cloth to my shirt, but it does not drop by gravity like tutorial. I want you to check what is the wrong point.

I would like you to see this too.

Print this item

Obi 4.0 is live
Posted by: josemendez - 25-01-2019, 10:11 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (8)

Hi all,

Obi 4.0: Cloth, Rope, Fluid and the new ObiSoftbody are now available in the Asset Store.

We are also releasing other assets but since they are not part of Obi family, they are announced through our newsletter or our website and social networks. Find everything else here: http://www.virtualmethodstudio.com

A word of warning: before upgrading your existing projects, please note that Obi 4.0 is not backwards compatible with 3.x. This means you will have to remove all your ObiActor components and re-add them (not just reinitialize them). This is because a lot of the serialized component data from previous versions is now incomplete or downright obsolete.

Expect a slight performance and stability boost, specially for ObiFluid. Also check out all the new features:

- Much improved curve component for ObiRope.
- The new ObiRod actor (included in ObiRope)
- Color mixing and diffusion for ObiFluid
- The all-new ObiSoftbody
- Simpler and faster particle API, now that memory is shared between C++ and C#.

We have also updated and extended the online documentation to reflect 4.0 changes, these are some of the revamped/new pages:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...urves.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ropes.html

We will continue updating the docs, and uploading minor Obi versions packed with improvements. As always, we're dead set on making Obi as fast, versatile and robust as possible. If you have questions, comments, requests or think you found a bug, do not hesitate to contact us.

cheers,

Print this item

colliders for obi cloth
Posted by: Richard - 25-01-2019, 09:40 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I watched the video on youtube(https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...HaSVKzU8ks) about collider of obi cloth. But there is no obi collider group. And I tried obi collider instead of that, error happen. What can I do?

Print this item

amount of particles as vertices mesh
Posted by: Richard - 25-01-2019, 02:18 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

In tutorial of obi cloth(http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html), there is a sentence "Make sure it has at least the same amount of particles as vertices are in your mesh (the default is 5000)". How do I know that?

Print this item

Exclamación Problemas al intentar editar las particulas No se pueden editar y causa relentizacion
Posted by: supneo - 24-01-2019, 02:00 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (6)

Hola , tengo problemas al intentar editar las particulas , no me sale el editor ni las particulas y me da esto en la consola:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.DrawParticles () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:332)
Obi.ObiClothEditor.DrawActorInfo () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiClothEditor.cs:138)
Obi.ObiParticleActorEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs:262)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2833)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2122)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1983)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:845)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

Utilizo la ultima version unity3d 2018.3.2f1 y la ultima version de obi cloth

Edit: solucionado , Elimine la carpeta manualmente y reinstale obi cloth y se soluciono el problema.

Print this item