» Views: 53
Rope not rendering
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Eddie
17-04-2024, 10:07 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 115

Coil up a rope and disable physics on it
Posted by: mandark83 - 07-02-2019, 04:21 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'm using OBI rope 4.0 asset.
I want to coil it up so I can put it in a locker.
When I pick it from the locker again it should then expand to it's original length.

My questions:
1. Can I make a coiled up version of the rope and disable all physics on it? 
2. How to wrap it in a custom shape?
3. How to disable physics on the rope? Disabling components randomly only makes the rope mesh disappear.

Thank you

Print this item

4 warnings: CS0618
Posted by: Richard - 07-02-2019, 02:47 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

4 error messages are printed.
"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(98,5): warning CS0618: 'BuildTargetGroup.PSM' is obsolete: 'PSM has been removed in >= 5.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(99,5): warning CS0618: 'BuildTargetGroup.Tizen' is obsolete: 'Tizen has been removed in 2017.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(35,10): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.PSM' is obsolete: 'PSM has been removed in >= 5.3'"

"Assets\Obi\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs(36,10): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.Tizen' is obsolete: 'Tizen has been removed in 2017.3'"

What can I do?

Print this item

warning CS00108
Posted by: Richard - 07-02-2019, 01:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

"Assets\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiCloth.cs(78,14): warning CS0108: 'ObiCloth.Awake()' hides inherited member 'ObiClothBase.Awake()'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended." is printed. Do I have to do something?

Print this item

Interacting with cloth with OVRGrabber
Posted by: Mrpillis - 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi-

I am using an Oculus touch with Obi Cloth- so far, the hands can cause collisions if the hands have obi colliders on them, but I cannot set up a grabbing dynamic. OVRGrabble requires a rigidbody and collider to grab, but the particles don’t actually have colliders enabled on all the dynamic surfaces. Is there a way to allow for interaction with particle cloths using the properties of collision and rigid bodies?

Print this item

Pregunta Softbody for Vehicles?
Posted by: StudioTatsu - 06-02-2019, 04:46 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (8)

I am attempting to use the obi softbody for vehicle deformation but it extremely challenging.

The problem I am having is the vehicle just collapses (I increased the polycount and frame rate drop dramatically)

I've tried increasing the solver substeps, and the amount of shape matching constraints. Frame rate dropped to 8fps.

Is there a setting similar Obi Rods to keep the rest shape of a softbody and still to allow it to deform? 

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Print this item

Could you help me? how to config this
Posted by: jirawatball - 06-02-2019, 07:25 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

I'm doing crane simulator and found a problem with the setting. An uncontrolable swing occured (as the attached vdo). Could you help me?

Huh

Print this item

String for a balloon wiggling problems
Posted by: lesley - 06-02-2019, 06:06 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

We are working on a project and we are using Obi 3.5 to make a string for a balloon.  The string is pinned to the balloon and an avatar is pinned to the string.  We are animating the balloon and the string is pulling up the avatar.  We are getting some pretty intense wiggles.  What can we do to solve this.

Here is a link to a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/lS8pA44Ixc4
I've attached a screenshot of our Obi Rope settings. 

If anyone can help, please reach out.

Print this item

move part of cloth
Posted by: Richard - 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Can I move a part of cloth on script? For example, how can I move collar or sleeve of clothing?

Print this item

magic leap
Posted by: ionwolf - 04-02-2019, 06:13 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (9)

I see that Lumin isn't specifically supported but Android/Arm64 is for 4.0.. This asset is perfect for my needs, has anyone gotten Rope to work on the Magic Leap?  thanks!

Print this item

Pregunta Harder Softbody and Closer Contact
Posted by: StudioTatsu - 04-02-2019, 08:26 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

I purchased the obi softbody and it's incredible.

2 Questions

In the DeformableBarrels scene:

1. How do I make the barrels collision contact closer? It looks like each one is floating or has an invisible shield around it.
When I stack them on top of each other the barrels are not touching. They are not touching the floor either.
I looked thru the documentation I saw distance fields but wasn't sure if that is what I should be creating/editing.

2. Is it possible to make the barrels softbodies harder so I can stack them and they not fall?
If so please explain how.

Thanks

Print this item