» Views: 101
License
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: bad.penny.games
19-03-2024, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 6,807

Pregunta Changing the rope size in the editor
Posted by: homewaters - 01-01-2019, 08:54 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

So I want to make a fishing pole but the rope is just a little too short... can you guys help me?

Print this item

Long load time
Posted by: Shroudthorn - 31-12-2018, 08:19 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I am experience a long load time when obi rope is enabled. Whether it be when I load the scene with it already active or if I enable it after everything else is loaded in the scene. If I have obi rope disable the scene takes 2 seconds to load. However if obi rope is enabled scene takes 30sec-1min to load. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Print this item

Change of rope size
Posted by: guada_palau - 26-12-2018, 03:39 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello! I'm working on a project in vr and I'm using the rope. I have the problem shown in the photo, when I grab to hook and stretch it, the string is separated from it at a certain point. I am using the ObiRopeCursor component but I do not understand it in its entirety. Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you

Print this item

Obi Solver
Posted by: guada_palau - 24-12-2018, 04:00 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

¡Hola!
Tengo una gran pregunta sobre el solucionador de obi: si estoy trabajando en un proyecto en el que usamos 5 cuerdas, ¿es mejor que cada cuerda tenga su propio solucionador de obi o uno para todos?
Gracias

Print this item

Scale Rope in Runtime
Posted by: ObiWan6565 - 22-12-2018, 03:39 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi,  I'm trying to create a chain with a few links so that it is in scale with other objects in my AR scene.

How do I change the scale of the chain in runtime without changing the amount of links or the length of the rope?

Thanks in advance.

Print this item

Grabbing / manipulating particles
Posted by: nrvllrgrs - 21-12-2018, 04:58 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

How do I move a particle within the constraints of the simulation? Let's assume that I have a particle at point (0, 0, 0) and its constraints only allow it to move on the y-axis to a maximum of (0, 1, 0). So in effect, I can move this particle on a line between these 2 points. But if I use a handle and the handle moves to (0, 2, 0), then the particle's limit is still controlled by its simulation constraints -- in other words, it would stop moving when it reaches (0, 1, 0).

I've trying a applying an external force every fixed frame but get ugly results. Any other thoughts?

Print this item

Multi-Scene setup and colliders
Posted by: KjetilMV - 19-12-2018, 09:26 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi

I noticed today that after re-loading a scene in runtime - the obi wouldn't collide with some colliders anymore. Collision happens on the initial load - but on every reload after they won't collide.

The colliders are in a different scene. 

After copy-pasting those colliders over to the same scene where the rope is, the collision works fine. 

Am I missing something?

Print this item

Pregunta Pause Cloth simulation on just the unfixed particles of a skinned mesh?
Posted by: rjGhost - 19-12-2018, 05:24 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (7)

I'm attempting to "pause" the simulation of just the unfixed particles on an Obi cloth that's skinned. The entire mesh is one cloth, and I've used optimize to get rid of the unused particles. 

Turning off the solver pauses the simulation, but it also prevents the mesh from being updated via the skinned mesh renderer. 
If I set the inverse masses of the unfixed particles to zero, they just revert to their original positions. 

I would like to be able to pause the simulation of the particles and have them remain in their current positions, but also be able to move the mesh via the joints in that mesh. 

Has anyone tried this before? I'd appreciate any and all help on this.

Print this item

Simulation order and OnAnimatorMove
Posted by: MTG_Derek - 18-12-2018, 05:58 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi all!

First off, I want to say that ObiCloth is an amazing and very affordable product that is far superior to Unity's built-in cloth system. Kudos to the team for providing such a performant and well-documented/programmed system.

First off, I've noticed that there are pretty obvious differences in simulation quality between FixedUpdate and LateUpdate, which is to be expected, especially when the FPS is low. For instance, it seems much more likely that the cloth will clip through colliders with LateUpdate and, in general, it seems to 'crumple' more. Ideally, we'd like for the cloth's simulation order to be FixedUpdate. 

Our character movement is driven by root motion, which is applied to the character during its OnAnimatorMove function--IE, we translate the character directly from within this function. This allows us to have incredibly smooth/accurate motion and, to my knowledge, is commonly done in many video games. Our character does not use physics and only has a rigidbody (set to kinematic) because Obi requires one. All movement is driven by transform.Translate and not velocity or AddForce updates. Furthermore, our Animator update mode is set to Normal and not AnimatePhysics since we are not using physics. I should also add that our camera tracks the main character from within LateUpdate (and not Update or FixedUpdate, nor will it ever--aka, changing the update mode of the camera is not an acceptable solution for us.) Perhaps you see where I'm going with this...

The problem, then, is that, for whatever reason, setting the Simulation order to "FixedUpdate" changes the delta times received by the OnAnimatorMove function. It seems to, instead of using a DT that represents the current framerate (say, 0.016 at 60 FPS), we receive a DT of 0.02, which is the default (and ours) Unity fixed time step. I have no idea how the Obi controller code is able to 'hijack' this, but nevertheless, this introduces a problem for us where there is obvious and noticeable stutter--this is because the character movement is slightly 'off' from where the camera expects it to be if it were driven by the correct deltaTime. 

Hopefully this problem makes sense, and I'm wondering if there is a way to have cloth that still works with FixedUpdate, without that simulation order altering our update rate, or if there is some code change we can make that can enable this behavior. To recap, our game does not use physics at all and nothing happens in FixedUpdate, nor do we want it to. The only thing that we 'need' it for would be the cloth, unless there's some way to achieve a more accurate/stable simulation in LateUpdate.

Print this item

Metadata for particle interactivity
Posted by: nrvllrgrs - 17-12-2018, 09:21 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I'm using VRTK to interact with an ObiCloth asset, allowing the player to grab and manipulate the cloth. I want the cloth only to be grabbable at specific particles. Is there a way to mark specific particles as Interactable and other particles as not? If not are there any suggestions how I could best accomplish this task?

This is different from unpinned versus pinned particles. One could have a non-interactable, unpinned particle OR a non-interactable, pinned particle OR a interactable, unpinned particle (I suppose one could have an interactable, pinned particle -- although I'm uncertain of its behavior).

Print this item