» Views: 543
I've made a bounce script...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: spikebor
01-05-2024, 04:39 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 107

Pin constraint attached to hanging platform has strange behavior
Posted by: mr-matt - 12-07-2020, 12:16 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

For context, I have a helicopter which will fly over a wood pallet and upon user input, 4 ropes will attach each corner of the pallet to the helicopter. These ropes are deactivated on start and the gameObjects are set active on user input.

I used the GrapplingHook.cs example as a reference. This video was the result.

Some observations:

• Upon connecting the ropes, the helicopters rotation was immediately locked to (0, 0, 0)
  • The top end of the ropes seems to be constantly moving
  • The pallet has a very strange gravity behavior
This is the code I used for the pin constraints:
Code:
for (int i = 0; i < m_Ropes.Length; i++)
{
    Transform anchorPoint = Pallet.GetAnchorPoints()[i];

// Create a new blueprint
    ObiRopeBlueprint blueprint = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ObiRopeBlueprint>();
    blueprint.path.Clear();
    blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(m_Ropes[i].transform.InverseTransformPoint(m_HelicopterAnchorPoints[i].position), m_HelicopterAnchorPoints[i].up, -m_HelicopterAnchorPoints[i].up, m_HelicopterAnchorPoints[i].up, 0.1f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.white, "Start");
    blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(m_Ropes[i].transform.InverseTransformPoint(anchorPoint.position), anchorPoint.up, -anchorPoint.up, anchorPoint.up, 0.1f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.white, "End");
    blueprint.path.FlushEvents();

await blueprint.Generate();

// Pin both ends of the rope
    var pinConstraints = blueprint.GetConstraintsByType(Oni.ConstraintType.Pin) as ObiConstraints<ObiPinConstraintsBatch>;
    var batch = pinConstraints.batches[0];
    batch.AddConstraint(0, m_ObiCollider, Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity);
    batch.AddConstraint(blueprint.activeParticleCount - 1, Pallet.GetObiCollider(), anchorPoint.localPosition, Quaternion.identity);
    batch.activeConstraintCount = 2;

m_Ropes[i].ropeBlueprint = blueprint;

// Enable the ropes
    m_Ropes[i].gameObject.SetActive(true);
}

I also tried another approach using the ObiParticleAttachment scripts, I tried combinations of static and dynamic constraints but this was always the result:

[Image: C9tjnm8.png]

Print this item

Create rope between 2 game objects
Posted by: Aleksandar - 10-07-2020, 05:14 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hi, I just got Obi Rope from the assets store, I am a beginner so maybe this is really easy to do but I could't manage to do it so far. 

Is it possible to set 2 game objects (start and end) for the attachment points and a rope to be created automatically between those 2 objects, so I could adjust just the length of the rope to be more loose or tight?

-Thanks
Alex

Print this item

Bombilla New fluid renderer in 5.5
Posted by: josemendez - 10-07-2020, 09:32 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (3)

Hi all,

While Obi 5.5 (aka Burst backend) is undergoing beta testing, we've been working on improving Obi Fluid's rendering system, looking forward to the 5.5 release:

- New, unified renderer system for all SRPs.
- Proper URP support.
- Preview HDRP support.

ObiSimpleFluidRenderer has been removed, leaving only ObiFluidRenderer.

While you still retain the ability to write your own renderer if needed, the new ObiFluidRenderer is a modular, extensible system designed to cover most needs. It does not require you to manually select fluid materials/shaders depending on what you want the fluid to look like: it can render opaque/transparent dielectrics w/wo absorption/metals/unlit fluids, using a reduced set of parameters, all of them exposed in the renderer's inspector:

[Image: hAjV3Rx.png]

You can change blend modes, interpolate between opaque/transparent, use metalness to render molten metals, control reflectivity, absorption, smoothness, foam....etc. Every module is toggleable, so if you need cheap and fast rendering, you can disable all non-needed features and the resulting fluid shader will be stripped down to a variant containing the bare minimum code. You also have the ability to specify downsampling on a per-buffer basis, for finer control over performance.

All of this ensures the same fluid rendering system scales all the way down to very resource limited devices, and across multiple render pipelines.

More info/pic/videos soon Sonrisa.

Print this item

skinned cloth blueprint
Posted by: renderlux - 10-07-2020, 08:16 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hi 

Using the skinned cloth blueprint editor, how to remove parts of mesh from the physics simulation ?

Print this item

Obi Cloth particle editor doesn't work
Posted by: Ritstyle - 10-07-2020, 02:45 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (16)

Unity 2019.3.6f1. Tryed blue print sample from the package on a brand new unity, the editmode is very buggy. When i select particle in the viewer it shows as it's working but it's not. Everything else works like a charm but it makes impossible to fix problemes when the clothes go inside the mesh.

Print this item

Obi Fluid Tunneling Issue
Posted by: knaroznik - 08-07-2020, 11:35 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi!
I tried using Obi Fluid in my VR project, but i encounter quite big issue with moving my mug around with VR Controllers. When i try to fastly rotate my mug, the fluid inside is getting out through it's side. Mug got Mesh Collider on it, i tried with distance fields, i've tried to increase thickness of Obi Collider to, but with no success.

I'm sure i move my object with velocity, angular velocity goes up to 7-8, and its when the problem occurs.

Can you give me a hand with that?

Thanks

Print this item

Hadr, a game about a (Obi) cloth
Posted by: domkonecny - 05-07-2020, 06:22 PM - Forum: Made with Obi - Replies (4)

Hey guys,
So I am finally getting near finishing my project where Obi Cloth has a primary role. It is the main "character". 
Long story short, it is a game about a cloth that makes things disappear.

Here is a short example: 

I am now making weekly builds so you can get the latest always here: https://domkonecny.itch.io/hadr
and a bunch more videos and screenshots here: https://www.instagram.com/hadr_game/

Thank you for making all these amazing plugins/extenstions. It wouldnt have been possible without you.

Print this item

Create rope at runtime
Posted by: mr-matt - 05-07-2020, 06:08 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I have looked through all the documentation and on this forum but I can't find a clear answer. How do I dynamically create a rope at runtime?

Print this item

Unity freeze while blueprint generate
Posted by: shaula7 - 02-07-2020, 03:20 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello, I trying to apply Obi Cloth to obj model is fixed without the avatar during runtime in Unity.

I have a two question.

1. To apply Obi Cloth, I created a blueprint for the obj model during runtime. In this process, the generate process takes so long that it can only be completed, but usually there is a problem that it does not proceed anymore and freezes. (Same result at Unity Editor)

Models with a small number of vertices and triangles such as Tshirt.obj completed generate, but models with a large number of vertices and triangles such as Pants.obj stopped with blueprint generate. The problem is that the model I want to load is a model with a large number of vertices, triangles and high capacity, such as Pants.obj.

Here is obj Model link.

- Tshirt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2Zc6g_...VMcBE/view

- Pants
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SeW-KIP...Wsl5J/view

Is there any solution to the blueprint generate freeze?

2. As in the following Sample.png, I am wondering if it is appropriate to apply Obi Cloth Skinned Cloth instead of Obi Cloth when applying physics while the obj model is fixed without an avatar.

Thanks to read my question!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Why do I get 15 draw calls from Obi if everything is disabled?
Posted by: emz06 - 01-07-2020, 11:23 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi,

I disabled all my gameobjects in the scene, and the screen is black.

I have two problems:

1) When my emitter & solver's gameobject is enabled, it still counts as several draw calls, even though:
       -it is behind the camera (not shown on screen)
       -the speed of emission is zero

2) Even when I disable all emitters and solvers in my scene, I still get 10 draw calls, and this is what I see in Frame Debugger:

https://imgur.com/a/nh3AuMy

How do I make sure I only get those draw calls when it's emitting AND on screen?

Thanks

Print this item