» Views: 543
I've made a bounce script...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: spikebor
01-05-2024, 04:39 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 107

Force zone not working
Posted by: vannorman - 21-07-2020, 03:39 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hello,

I want to use force zones, so I put the Spherical Force Zone on a script in a scene with Obi. However, it does not have any effect no matter its size, parameters, or position. How can I see the effect of this Force Zone?

I attached a video showing me using the Spherical Force Zone in the editor with no effect.

Thanks

Charlie

Print this item

Can I view Obi Fluid in the SCENE window?
Posted by: vannorman - 21-07-2020, 03:11 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hi,

I can only see it in the "Play Mode" window. Is there a way to render it in the Scene window as well?
Since there's lots of magic going on I assume this might not be possible, but it didn't explicitly say that it wasn't visible in editor, so figured maybe there was a toggle or something I missed

Thanks

Charlie

Print this item

Setting the minimum weight needed to make a rope stretch
Posted by: Cheo13 - 20-07-2020, 04:06 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello, I'm currently trying to reproduce the hanged men physics from The Witcher 3 with Obi Rope, and my main issue right now is the stretching of my ropes caused by the weight of rigidbodies attached to them. Is there some sort of strength parameter preventing the rope from being stretched by a dynamic attachment until its mass reaches a threshold ? For example, in the Chains sample scene, is it possible to let the chains start stretching only if the ball's rigidbody mass reaches 100 ?
If there is such a parameter, I assure you I will finish recreating The Witcher's rope physics and share the result ! Any way, I hope you can help me and I wish a good day !

Print this item

Will Obi Rope be suitable for our needs
Posted by: Tset_Tsyung - 19-07-2020, 05:20 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hi all,

Looking to get Obi Rope for our current training simulation, but need to know if it will be suitable for our needs first.

Currently running Unity 2020.1.0b10 (Needed the articulation bodies).

Our project consists of a crane system that runs on a track.  It uses Articulation bodies for the track as well as the robotic arm attached to the crane.  There is also a winch system to be used - it's this system we are considering Obi Rope for.

We need to be able to use the articulation bodies for the arm, and 'grabber' at the end of the arm [currently this is working Gran sonrisa ].  We also need the winch (with hook at the end) to be able to reel in and out, be able to be grabbed by the 'grabber' on the robotic arm for precise manipulation and then be able to have further objects attached to the end for it to fulfill it's purpose.

Will Obi Rope be not only suitable for this need, but also be compatible with our current setup. Or are the articulation bodies and the Obi Rope systems completely incompatible with each other?

We're aware that some refactoring will be needed for the articulation bodies to be usable with the Obi Rope system.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

T.T.

Print this item

Infinite stretching
Posted by: adrianaa97 - 17-07-2020, 08:15 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

I'm having trouble with de stretch of a rope using Obi Rope. I have a vertical rope with the upper point fixed (using Obi particle attachment with the target being the rope itself). Then I have attached a cube (rigid body) at the bottom using the same particle attachment component.

When I play the simulation, the cube just falls to the infinite and the rope keeps stretching. I have no idea how to solve it.

I tried using a another cube as a "platform" to make a collision with the first cube and stop it from falling and that seems to work just fine, but as soon as i lower the platform the rope starts stretching again.

I tried to add more substeps to the Obi solver, to reduce the time step of the project settings and to increase the iterations of the distance constraints.

I'm a beginer with unity so maybe i'm missing sth basic and important there.

Print this item

How to detect number of particles in collision?
Posted by: anulagarwal - 15-07-2020, 06:50 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (7)

Hi,

So how do i detect the number of particles currently in contact with a plane/collider? For example, If i my blueprint has 2000 particles, And I make a few fall off the edge, How do i detect the current remaining particles?

Thanks

Print this item

Performance
Posted by: anulagarwal - 15-07-2020, 12:02 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (8)

Hi,
In Unity Editor my FPS drops to 15-20 FPS, So if i build for Android it is possible it will drop further right?
I am using Obi Fluid and would like my blueprint to have a capacity of around 2500 if possible!

What can be the solution to optimize the performance?

Print this item

How to setup collision matrix for obi colliders?
Posted by: erdoganhuse - 14-07-2020, 12:31 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (4)

Hi,

I am trying to seperate obi collisions just like Unity's collision matrix. For example there are Emitter A, Emitter B, Obi Collider A and Obi Collider B. I want emitted particles from Emitter A to collide with just Obi Collider A. I did not achieve such seperation for more than 2 layer with changing Phase value.

Thanks.

Print this item

Unity crash on scene load with obi rope
Posted by: mr-matt - 14-07-2020, 03:58 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

I seem to get an intermittent crash when loading a scene with an obi rope in it.

Editor log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eik4hq4lpkrfmc...h.log?dl=0

Print this item

How to control the particle tension?
Posted by: anulagarwal - 13-07-2020, 09:55 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (5)

Hi,
I am trying to implement a mechanic where using a sweeper/cube in Unity, I clear out the liquid and collect it in one corner.
So If the liquid is splattered across the floor, i clean and collect the liquid in a corner using a cube. 
However while doing so, a lot of small particles just pass through the cube move really fast, How can i make the liquid thick and not separate from each other so easily?

Thanks

Print this item