» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 130

Rope not rendered in 2019.4.22
Posted by: Henning - 01-04-2021, 12:26 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (11)

Hi Obi team,  Sonrisa

For some compatibity issue I have to move to Unity before 2020 and when I imported Obi Rope 6.0.1 to 2019.4.22 the rope is not rendered correctly.

As shown in the attached image, the rope is only a line and once I click at some other objects, this line disappears.

Does it mean that 2019.4.22 is no longer supported or is there anything I can do to get it to work?

Many thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

ObiSoftbody not rendering in VR in certain camera angles
Posted by: mw2401 - 31-03-2021, 04:07 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

Hey, thank you for the great asset!

Currently I have a strange isue. The softbody sometimes doesnt render and disappears depending on the camera angle. I move the softbody with pinning it with ObiParticleAttachment to an grab interactable and depending on the position i move it, the softbody suddenly disappears.

I use URP
unity 2020.3.2 (also 2020.2.2 has the same problem)
Obi Softbody 6.0.1 (with Softbody 5. I have the same problem)
I use an Oculus Quest with an Oculus link cable

Do you have an idea on how to fix it?

Thank you

Markus

Print this item

Obi Rope FixedUpdate performance
Posted by: tpaslou - 31-03-2021, 01:44 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I noticed that obi FixedUpdate has huge performance impact. It makes it quite laggy on my Oculus quest.

Are there any tips to increase performance ?

Print this item

Passing Through Collider?
Posted by: darthmerth - 31-03-2021, 08:38 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

Hello all, I'm sure solution to my problem is simple but I can't find it.. Thank you for your time if you could help me out. 

I have a long rope, in a stretched position, and two ends are attached statically to two separate objects, keeping it firm. And there are obstacles in between. When I move one attachment up and down, rope passes through the colliders in between. It doesn't ignore though, I can see that there's some "collision" happening but it easily breaks through. I've tried out many different options, checked the phasers etc. I'm posting all settings below.

video: https://vimeo.com/531152898

Print this item

Obi.Editor.dll failed with exitcode -532462766
Posted by: woondal - 31-03-2021, 08:00 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Script updater for Library\Bee\artifacts\1300b0aEDbg.dag\Obi.Editor.dll failed with exitcode -532462766 and stdout: Unhandled exception. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\PSCM\GF_AR\Temp\ScriptUpdater\1033501396' is denied.
  at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
  at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at System.IO.StreamReader.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
  at ScriptUpdater.Program.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Main>b__0()
  at ScriptUpdater.Program.Profile[T](Func`1 toProfile, Int64& elapsedTime)
  at ScriptUpdater.Program.Main(String[] args)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
  at Program.Main(String[] args)

----------------------------------------------

We are having this error in unity editor, and this error is gone by reimporting Obi folder. 

But this happens again soon.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Print this item

No mesh on rope
Posted by: AriAn - 30-03-2021, 08:19 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi,

I am really new to Obi. I created an Obi Rope game object last week and it worked just as the tutorial showed it. But today I tried again to create an Obi Rope game object, and I only see the spline of the rope, no mesh. Also, when I press play, the rope is not affected by gravity and stays in place. What am I doing wrong?

Print this item

Super slow fluid when enabling colliders
Posted by: sdpgames - 30-03-2021, 09:30 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (6)

Hi!

When I have a fluid simulation and enable/disable an ObiCollider it's incredibly slow for a few frames (the game can be stuck 3 seconds in the editor. Less bad on device but still bad). I nailed it to the fact that every change in collider structure requires some sort of mega flush to Oni. It does the same when creating ObiRigidbodies at runtime, destroying ObiColliders at run-time etc

It makes the game unusable in pretty random instances, is there anything we can do?

We are using Oni backend, Unity 2019.4.22f1, Obi Fluid 6.0.1. Tested on both Mac (editor) and iOS (on both SE and SE 2020, iPhone 11), same result every time.

Please help thanks!

Print this item

Is it not possible to put ObiSolver on dragged object?
Posted by: mailfromthew - 29-03-2021, 06:54 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

(Im talking about grapple example scene, but it probably applies to whole ObiRope)

Am not 100% sure but from documentation AND from my experiences it seems that root object needs to be obi solver

and then you can put your player as child of ObiSolver (as in grapple example)

now thats very problematic to me. my player needs to be the root object.
However, ive tried putting ObiSolver on the player in GrappleExample (instead of player being child of ObiSolver) 
and it stopped working correctly (started throwing player around for no reason, even when not moving and on ground)

hence, I assume its not possible for obi solver to be on same object that it is dragging with rope.
and while ill continue experimenting with it, I am asking for advice and clarification.

What should I do? Is there absolutely no way to put obisolver on player, while also dragging the player with rope ? (firing from his arm)

Print this item

Modify parameters of shape matching constraints
Posted by: fewerhy - 29-03-2021, 05:01 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

I would like to know whether it is possible to modify the parameters of shape matching constraint for a softbody during runtime. For example, if I want to change the goal position for each particle.

Print this item

Bend through holes
Posted by: rluo01 - 27-03-2021, 11:16 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hi, I am surprised by how good such assets perform in the demo videos, and I am considering buying it to complete my current game projects.

I wonder it is possible by using this soft-body assets to make game objects that are able bend themselves to pass through holes with size slightly smaller than the game objects. Also, if the soft game objects can bend and pass the hole, can it retain its shape without crashing after that?

Print this item