» Views: 50
Changing solver gravity v...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: T-1000
13-05-2024, 10:08 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 33

Weird behaviour
Posted by: dhon2407 - 16-04-2021, 08:28 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (11)

Hi, I tried to create a simple rope with hanging object. I works as expect on the test scene, but on my game scene its acting weirdly.

Obi Solver, Obi Rope, OniCollisionWorld are on prefab. On my test scene the prefab is already on the scene hierarchy, but on my main game scene the prefab is instantiated on runtime.

Screencaptures : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Print this item

Obi Wire with more tension than rope
Posted by: Rembo - 14-04-2021, 04:26 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Is there a way to really tension the rope within the obi solver or anywhere to make the rope be closer to a bendable wire/rope? It currently has too much flex and bounce for what I need it for, and need it to be able to flex and have the gravity of a rope, but not so fluid. I am also not looking for it to be rigid like the rod, a good middle ground between these 2 is what I am looking for. I have tried turning the substeps up quite a bit, and this does not get rid of the fluid movement enough and make the rope rigid enough with more tension for my needs. 
Thank you

Print this item

Reducing idle time on job threads
Posted by: JanikH - 14-04-2021, 09:52 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (10)

Hi,

I've been observing the following while profiling our game:

Is this the expected ratio of idle time to job execution or is there anything we can do to utilize the threads more efficiently?
Granted, we are running this on a mobile processor, but we've optimized our cloth meshes and simulation parameters as far as possible.

Print this item

Colliders go through the clothes
Posted by: jQuery - 13-04-2021, 10:49 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (8)

I have set up capsule colliders at the legs of the human model and have added the "Obi Collider" component. 
but when the human runs, the legs will come out of the suit. 

How can I solve this problem? Thanks!

Here are some screenshots of my parameters In the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Does both Obi Cloth and ObiRobe are needed to make a football net?
Posted by: gabrimo - 12-04-2021, 03:04 PM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

Hello, I have some doubts regarding building a football net for my game.

The main one is presented on the title, does both plugins are necessary to build this?

Beyond that, what about performance (cause if these 2 plugins must be used together, maybe the performance overhead should be a concern here)?

And finally, how hard is to implement it for this particular use case (I'm not an expert programmer)?

My current project is just a penalty game for now, but the plan is to extend to other parts of the sport at some point. The ball is a rigidbody, using a standard sphere collider, with 0.22 scale and 0.43 of mass. The maximum speed of it is around 130 km/h for penalties. But this speed will be increased for free kicks (the most powerful shot recorded was fired at ~210km/h for instance). Additionally, I should add crowd and stadium model at some point, which means more stuff to be processed at runtime. The target platform is PC, but I would like to leave a conversion to mobile viable, if possible...

I would like to buy the/these asset(s) on this sale, Obi is expensive in my country thanks to the exchange, so I want to confirm that it will be a really useful for what I need...

It seems a very good asset by the way, I'm amazed by the results on the preview videos, congratulations!

Print this item

Obi rod or obi rope?
Posted by: AdrienMondot - 12-04-2021, 11:59 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello,

We are using Obi Rope & Rod objects to create worm-like creatures.
The Rods have been harder to setup, and we would be happy to have your feedback on the issues we encountered in order to choose whether we use them in our project, or just stick to Obi Ropes.

- When editing a path, the Rod seems to quickly add twists and distortions on the curves.
As you can see in the picture below, the wireframe of the rod shape suddenly rotates 180° in the middle, adding distortion to the mesh… this might be related to the varying thickness we applied to the different key points/particles ?
We do not seem to have this issue with Ropes, maybe as the particles are not oriented ?

- We cannot get the Rods to maintain their Rest shapes, in Play mode, they mostly seem to behave like Ropes (please see the attached video).
Is there any thing we could be missing in the way we build them ?
We followed the steps on your website, and made sure the “Keep Initial Shape” value is turned on in the BluePrint.

[Image: rod-edit.png]
sample video here :
http://docs.am-cb.net/faune/Rod_shape.mov

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Adrien Mondot

Print this item

Rope cursor jittering from strange spot
Posted by: alehrecke - 09-04-2021, 03:41 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the unrolling of a bobbin when a player moves the "bobbin" that the rope is attached to. I am planning to add more ropes to try and do a braiding simulation. I need each rope to have a cursor so that when they move around one another they wont stretch so much as to pass through one another. 

I have a single rope set up and it is extruding properly in the beginning, but then begins to develop a kink at a spot that makes no sense (it could be the original length of the rope). I have played around with the cursor Mu and it seems to have no effect on this kink. Do you have any suggestions to make this more stable? Right now I am measuring the strain in the rope and if it is above 10% then I run the change length command. Overall, the rope is also quite jittery, which I would also like to try and reduce.

Here is a video of the defect.

And here is my bobbin controller script:

Code:
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Obi;

public class BobbinController : MonoBehaviour
{

public ObiRope rope;
    public float speed = 1f;

Vector3 velocity;
    Rigidbody rigidBody;
    ObiRopeCursor cursor;

RuntimeRopeGenerator ropeGen;
    //ObiSolver solver = FindObjectOfType<ObiSolver>();

float ropeLength;

// Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
        rigidBody = GetComponent<Rigidbody>();
        cursor = rope.GetComponent<ObiRopeCursor>();
        ropeLength = rope.restLength;
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {
        Vector3 input = new Vector3(Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal"), 0, Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical"));
        Vector3 direction = input.normalized;
        velocity = direction * speed;

float currentLength = rope.CalculateLength();
        float restLength = rope.restLength;

float strain = currentLength/restLength;

if (strain > 1.1)
        {
            cursor.ChangeLength(rope.restLength + speed * Time.deltaTime);
        }
        else if (strain < 1)
        {
            cursor.ChangeLength(rope.restLength - speed * Time.deltaTime);
        }

}

private void FixedUpdate()
    {
        rigidBody.position += velocity * Time.deltaTime;
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Print this item

simulation in world and local space
Posted by: user23 - 09-04-2021, 09:17 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hello! ObiSolver can perform the simulation in one of two spaces: [b]world space[/b] (the default) and [b]local space[/b]
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...space.html

But I can't find this in the last version of Obi Cloth.

Where can I find this mode?

Print this item

Set Cloth Properties with script
Posted by: orestissar - 08-04-2021, 02:33 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (9)

Hello,

Im currently trying to create and assign a skinned cloth blueprint to some cloth parts i have in my scene. 

I have succesfully managed to do this but im having some issues setting the cloth properties values with the script (skin backstop, backstopradius, radius).

Code:
  blueprint.inputMesh = mesh;
  ObiSkinnedCloth obsc = childobject.AddComponent<ObiSkinnedCloth>() as ObiSkinnedCloth;
  obsc.skinnedClothBlueprint = blueprint;             
  ObiSkinnedClothRenderer obscr = childobject.AddComponent<ObiSkinnedClothRenderer>() as ObiSkinnedClothRenderer;
The above code does what i explained before, but i need couple code lines to add the values i want for each property.

I found this relevant topic: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-2405.html 
but i cant make it work.

So, how do i manage that?
thanks beforehand!

Print this item

Particle connections ignore neighbour
Posted by: Hakazaba - 08-04-2021, 08:04 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (5)

Hello, i'm having a bit of an issue caused by a particular behaviour that the particles have, where they ignore their closest neighbor when the connection radius is large enough to find other particles, its causing seam issues seen in another thread, as particle attachments along the edge are not contraining the particles next to them. 

It's a big problem on low poly meshes where you cant spare two loops of verticies to a single joint without unnatiural animation.

I have particle overlap set to 0, is there a way to fix this without having small particle radius connections? That will cause other parts of the model to have no connections at all

[Image: 1f9c56db697945dbccf677134e12b425.png]

Print this item