» Views: 101
License
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: bad.penny.games
19-03-2024, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 6,805

Cannot add new "Property groups"
Posted by: iopzxz - 21-03-2021, 03:01 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I try to add new particle groups by pressing Edit and clicking + button
[Image: T9K77tC.png]

Then I am directed back to this page with errors[Image: 0JHYgto.png]

However particle groups has been added 
[Image: oFroCB3.png]
Though I can add particle group, the editor keeps glitching and pull me out of the edit mode each time I add or remove particle groups.
Following are list of detailed errors I get

[Image: c7ZaCRq.png]

Please help me to use this asset. I love your guys work.

Print this item

Pregunta Issue with skinned mesh renderer
Posted by: JohnZ - 20-03-2021, 01:45 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

I had a few issues with Obi Softbody, because of the skinned mesh renderer: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatm9w8y81vwdt...8.mp4?dl=0
You can see these unnatural seams (as if one surface was simply overlapped by another)

How to smooth out seams or bad deformations?

Print this item

Fluppy/Bouncy Ring
Posted by: mgnito - 19-03-2021, 10:19 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'm working on a project and planning to use Obi softbody but I'm not sure if I can achieve the ref below.

It's like a Ring mesh but probably composed of multiple meshes maybe about 8 arcs, but behave like a single one,

Please see vid below
https://imgur.com/a/DmLnZOm

Print this item

Possible Bug - Changing sub-steps causes softbodies to freeze
Posted by: avgarrison - 18-03-2021, 06:48 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

Purchased Obi Softbodies yesterday - using v6.0.1
Using Unity 2019.4.12f1

When I change the Obi Fixed Updater's substeps to anything other than 4, some subset of the softbodies in the scene will freeze when starting the scene.

Screen cap:
https://i.imgur.com/SBRANbv.gif

Print this item

Part of rope Tense
Posted by: tpaslou - 17-03-2021, 03:55 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (7)

With regard to this post http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...d-490.html , I would like to know if it is possible to test if a specific part of the rope is tense , for example the part between 2 control points

Print this item

emergent phantom wind-like force stemming from dynamic rope attachment
Posted by: gugiek - 15-03-2021, 11:26 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi, 

I am having a weird issue with a rope connecting two objects. 

What I am trying to do:
I have a weighted balloon-like setup. One object is the weight, one the balloon. Both objects have a rigid body script and an attached script computes the buoyancy forces and adds the resulting forces in the update loop.
An undeformable rope should connect the two transferring the force of one to the other.

What I have tried:
Added a rope and connected the two ends to the objects with a dynamic particle attachment.

What is going wrong:
The forces acting on the system should only be up or down. A significant lateral force has appeared with the introduction of the dynamic attachment. The balloon seems now to be operating in a tornado.

Has a similar thing happened to anyone else? What other information should I share to make the problem clearer?

Print this item

Triste Gyroscope in fluid
Posted by: enchu_99 - 15-03-2021, 03:37 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Hi, Can I do gyroscope to control the 2d fluid?  Triste I cant figure out how to control the water by using gyroscope controller? is it impossible to do it?

Print this item

Rope scale difference between start and end
Posted by: Hakazaba - 14-03-2021, 07:03 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Would it be possible to make a rope which is small in scale at one end and thick at another?

Alternatively, can i have a rope drive a chain of rigged joints on a character mesh?

Print this item

Pregunta OBI Skinned Cloth and OBI Proxy
Posted by: dequid - 13-03-2021, 04:18 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hey there,

i am trying to reproduce the CharacterCloth scene with my own character.

I have have a Skinned Mesh Character driven by an Animator (imported FBX).

I have a high resolution coat (green, ~30K vertices) and a low res one (gray, ~6K vertices). Both are skinned and weight painted to the bones of the character.

I successfully made the low res coat an OBI SkinnedCloth, made a blueprint, deleted the upper vertices since i want only the lower part to simulate and painted the skin radius for the lower part. I added capsule colliders to the leg bones. That works like a charm so far.

Now i want to transfer this simulation to the high res coat like in the CharacterCloth scene.

So i gave the high res coat also a OBI SkinnedCloth, chose the blueprint i made for the low res coat and added an Obi Cloth Proxy with the OBI SkinnedCloth Renderer and a triangle skin map like in the Proxy tutorial in youtube.

But nothing happens with the high res coat and i get the following error:

Code:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Obi.ObiClothRendererBase.UpdateRenderer (Obi.ObiActor actor) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Cloth/Rendering/ObiClothRendererBase.cs:169)
Obi.ObiSkinnedClothRenderer.UpdateRenderer (Obi.ObiActor actor) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Cloth/Rendering/ObiSkinnedClothRenderer.cs:69)
Obi.ObiActor.Interpolate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Actors/ObiActor.cs:1189)
Obi.ObiSolver.Interpolate (System.Single stepTime, System.Single unsimulatedTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1622)
Obi.ObiUpdater.Interpolate (System.Single stepDeltaTime, System.Single accumulatedTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:110)
Obi.ObiLateFixedUpdater.Update () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiLateFixedUpdater.cs:77)

What am i doing wrong?

[attachment=920]           

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Fluid isn't visible
Posted by: Cdelim - 13-03-2021, 03:56 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi,
My project renderer setting is Universal Render Pipeline. The fluid isn't visible in the Game tab but it becomes visible in two cases. First, during runtime when I switch to the scene tab it becomes visible in both. Secondly, it becomes visible when interact other fluids. Also, I have 
"Metal: Shader[Obi/URP/Fluid/FluidShading]: Incompatible texture type [MTLTextureType2D] of texture bound at index 0, expected [MTLTextureTypeCube]" warning. http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-2464.html I tried this solution but didn't work for me. 

Unity version: 2019.4.13f

Print this item