» Views: 2,445
IdentifyMovingColliders.E...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: Guillaume
24-04-2024, 08:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 130

Limit GameObject Movement with Rope
Posted by: gigass21 - 20-04-2021, 11:52 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

Hello,
I started using Obi, it's a great tool however I found difficulties when trying to set up Obi Rope.

Here's the first question that i wanted to ask.

- Is it possible to use Obi Rope to limit movement of game object?
I tried Chain example and from the editor tried to pull the object but it seems like it can't be tested like that. This is what I wanted to achieve, i wanted to test to tie a dog, so a dog will try to chase you but the dog movement will be limited to the rope that tied to the dog.

I saw it's possible when adding rigidbody, however it creates a big shakes on the gameobject, is it possible if it's IsKinematic Rigidbody?
When using IsKinematic, the rope just getting longer following where the dog goes.

Print this item

Any way to use volume constraints on a character
Posted by: Hakazaba - 20-04-2021, 05:27 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (11)

Hi, i've been trying various techniques to get the best breast physics, and ive found that the softbody physics do a poor job at preserving volume, so i want to test out the baloon volume constraint on obi cloth for it. However i notice that skinned obi cloth does not include it

Is there any way that i can use regular obi cloth to drive a small section of a skinned mesh, in a similar way to attaching obi softbodies to a mesh?

Print this item

Invisible in Mac build? (visible in Windows build and editor for both)
Posted by: bribri_ - 18-04-2021, 09:28 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (6)

Hi! Recently been using Obi Fluid for a project and it works great, thank you! The only issue I've run into is that it's invisible when I build for Mac, both with the fluid renderer and with rendering particles enabled. There are no issues having it show in the Windows build or in the editor (even in the Mac version!), so is there something dumb I'm missing to get it to show up in a Mac build? Unfortunately I don't have a Mac myself, so I've had to have a teammate test it with theirs (them building it doesn't change anything).

I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

Print this item

Random null error when editing cloth BP
Posted by: Mmero - 18-04-2021, 08:52 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (10)

I can edit the cloth blueprint few times and after 5th or sometimes second it dissapears and gives null errors

Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <8c48e4bc2ff34638b69095cbb65e2e27>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render () (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <0050475d167947ea9f166ad030caa84f>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <f8197c5efb504ab8a77daf7d0e9abc5e>:0)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

How to Use it for Android?
Posted by: MikhailVasilev - 18-04-2021, 07:04 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (4)

How to Use it for Android?

Just bought the plugin but it works only in Unity Editor

I tied to make a build for Android and PC and it gives me a bunch of errors out of the box!

How to make a build for Android with Obi SoftBody guys?
I'm new but already know some programming and unity things, and I suppose it should build out of the box, I even installed these Burst, Jobs and friends but it still gives me a lot of errors!
----
Specs:
Win10 64 bit
Unity 2020.1.0f1 Personal
No extra packages and plugins
Everything is default
I try to compile Example scenes and my scene(put it in Build Settings)
----

Here are some of Errors     vvv

Code:
Unable to find player assembly: J:\UNITY\ObiSoftBodyTest\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLsImpl(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.3.9/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:286)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLs(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.3.9/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:163)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Code:
Unable to find player assembly: J:\UNITY\ObiSoftBodyTest\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.PerformanceTesting.dll
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLsImpl(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.3.9/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:286)
Unity.Burst.Editor.BurstAotCompiler:OnPostBuildPlayerScriptDLLs(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.burst@1.3.9/Editor/BurstAotCompiler.cs:163)

Code:
Compiling Vertex program with _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
Disabled keywords: _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _SHADOWS_SOFT UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Code:
Shader error in 'Obi/URP/Simple Particles': failed to open source file: 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl' at Assets/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP/ObiLightingURP.cginc(4) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Code:
Error building Player: 2 errors

Code:
Build completed with a result of 'Failed'

Code:
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0027c] in <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0

Found how to Fix it!!!

I just put Obi folder to Editor folder

Editor folder is the Default project folder! Those small things you need to know ))
Now so far so good, everything works pretty well on mobile.

Print this item

Wind not working
Posted by: jaripam - 18-04-2021, 06:41 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hey,
ye, it's me again but I'm desperately trying to get wind on my flag as shown in the Tutorial Video.

I did exactly the same but the wind just does not blow. I tried to randomly modify everything but no difference.
Maybe a hint: My flag wont move at all until I add some "Distance Contrains" in the Inspector. In the Video this wasn't neccessary for the flag to move.

I couldn't find a Video or Thread so I'm wondering if I am missing something very simple.

Print this item

Cloth Disappearing
Posted by: jaripam - 17-04-2021, 02:37 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi,

I was following this Tutorial Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auO01Cjx...akLOwboUJQ

But after setting up the Blueprint and creating a Obi Cloth object and clicking play, the cloth just disappears (it's like it is falling in off itself very quickly).
I can only see the Unity marker that something is falling down (y-axis-gravity).

I can solve the disappearing when I uncheck "distance constraints" in the inspector but then gravity won't work anymore.

I tried different meshes and materials but always the same.

Any Ideas what could be the issue here?

Thank you!

Print this item

Pregunta Moving Fluids
Posted by: Lord_Dargon - 17-04-2021, 05:11 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

How might I go about attracting a fluid to a specific point (a controller) and then if that point moves it tracks with the location. 

for context, I'm trying to get a "water bending" effect when an orb is moving telekinetically.

(edit) I realised that does not sound concise at all.

Print this item

Bombilla Treating several soft bodies as a whole
Posted by: Newbie - 16-04-2021, 11:34 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hello!

I'm struggling to figure this out, maybe you can help me.

I need a set of soft bodies to behave as a single entity, in terms of movements or how forces affect them, but each object should also have its own mesh and react to the environment following its individual rules.
For example, we can imagine these soft bodies being different links of a chain or, even better, cars of a train. Each one with its own shape and physical (soft body) properties, but conceptually linked, so if I pull from one end they all get affected, though not technically one big object (and not even really in touch for that matter).
See the beautiful diagram below for a graphical example.

Any ideas on how to approach this issue? I tried simple parenting structures and using fixed joints, but I don't think that's the way to go using Obi Softbody, or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance! Let me know if you need more details, I don't want to overwhelm people with them at this point.

Print this item

Weird behaviour
Posted by: dhon2407 - 16-04-2021, 08:28 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (11)

Hi, I tried to create a simple rope with hanging object. I works as expect on the test scene, but on my game scene its acting weirdly.

Obi Solver, Obi Rope, OniCollisionWorld are on prefab. On my test scene the prefab is already on the scene hierarchy, but on my main game scene the prefab is instantiated on runtime.

Screencaptures : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Print this item