» Views: 169
Allocating particles at t...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: josemendez
03-06-2024, 09:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 73

How to create stiff softbodies?
Posted by: Qwertzus - 13-10-2017, 10:53 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hi there!

Can you give me some advice which constraints and values I have to tweak to achieve more stiffness in cloth simulation?

Like shown in this video (0:43):

The best I could get is this :/
[Image: stiffest.gif]

Thank you in advance Sonrisa

Print this item

Can I Change the material to like rubber?
Posted by: nelluard - 13-10-2017, 08:54 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (6)

Greeting for Everyone who reads this thread.

First, I apologize for the inexperienced English.

I bought the OBI Cloth, was amazed at its outstanding performance.
(I Created Vertex Animation with Unity physics. but that is Garbage.)

I want to create an object that restoration after Physical Collision.(like rubber)

Which parameter should be modified?

and Is there a page with a description of the parameter?

Thank you for help me.

Print this item

Bug Problems with Physics with terrains
Posted by: LandscpePerform - 12-10-2017, 07:09 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi,

I am building a custom terrain editor in-game and we are using obi fluid to demonstrate water.

When a fluid particle hits a sheer cliff made with a terrain, the speed gets multiplied and bounces back relative to the height of the heightmap at that point and the normal, this causes a shotgun effect and sends particles flying across the scene at a very high speed.  The taller and sharper the cliff side, the faster they go. 

If you happen to have a sharp drop ditch, they just bounce each off the walls and get even faster.

I believe I have a workaround by lowing the Collision Constraint SOR Factor to a very low number and limiting the height of the heightmap, so I dont think it is a big issue for me right now, but this is limiting when you give a user access to the terrain tools in-game.

Here's a video that shows the issue.

Frank

Print this item

Exclamación Fluid Render Material Modification
Posted by: x-lab - 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (11)

Hello,

I recently purchased all Obi solutions, and out of the Box, only few example Scenes were working as shown in the video.
But anyway, after reading some documentation I was able to enable particle rendering. However, right now I was hoping to see and use fluids with the same textures seen in the videos (semitransparent glossy fluids).
I already red the Documentation regarding Obi Fluid Renderer.
But so far only particles show up.
I already tried modifying the Color Material and Fluid Material in the Obi Fluid Renderer, but so far it's doing nothing.
Am I missing something here?
Before I leave a review, I trust you could help me out achieving what I bought your product for, please?

Thank you,
X-lab

Print this item

Android Stability Issues
Posted by: mimarilker - 11-10-2017, 08:23 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (3)

Fluid solid interaction is not performed on Android, particle ignores the geometry. The first line of particles get attached each-other instantly. I get jittering and strange results during simulation, so do you have any solution for that? Btw, the same app in any iphone device work flawless without any failure.

Print this item

Particles in cloth get stuck in collider
Posted by: interwound - 11-10-2017, 02:56 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

I'm resetting the cloth every x frame with:

Code:
//On start
cloth.PullDataFromSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

//On reset
cloth.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

What I'm seeing is when trying to pull the cloth with a handle after reset a particle has a very large mass (19200). Doesn't happen every time but enough.

Included some potentially relevant screenshots.

Thanks for the help!

Print this item

Compound colliders in 3.2
Posted by: CageyKG - 09-10-2017, 11:54 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi,

Looking at the documentation, it appears that prior to ObiRope 3.2, an ObiColliderGroup was used to specify colliders considered for the simulation, but now the ObiCollider component is added to specific objects instead. This does seem easier, but I'm running into problems setting up objects in my scene that have multiple colliders on them. If I attach an ObiCollider to, say, a desk that has 3 box colliders to represent its shape (a top and two sides), the ObiCollider seems to pick just one to represent as its physics source. Adding multiple ObiColliders doesn't seem to have the desired effect, either. How do I go about having an object represented by multiple colliders fully interact with the rope simulation without having to split it into multiple sub-objects or having to manually script the instantiation/assignment of ObiColliders to each collider component?

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

OBI Rope and VR
Posted by: TSREI - 09-10-2017, 05:42 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I am trying to use OBI Rope in a VR environment but when I have multiple ropes in a view it tends to eat up the FPS pretty bad and makes it hard to keep the FPS above 90. With out the ropes active I can get up to 120fps but as soon as I add in 1 rope it goes down to about 95 FPS and each added rope continues to lower the FPS. I have about 10 ropes in the view total and when they are all active the frames will drop to 60-70 FPS. Any ideas on what I can do to improve the performance to not make the frames tank so much?

Print this item

Pin Constraint Parameters are ignored on Android
Posted by: Acacus - 09-10-2017, 11:55 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hello,

I'm building a game for iOS and Android and I'm trying to integrate Obi Rope with it.

The progress was just great in the Editor but once I deployed a simple test to the Android device I noticed that all the Pin Constraints are being ignored when the scene started. I thought that there might be something wrong in my configuration so I went back and deployed the FreghtLift scene which is included in the Sample_Scenes (without any changes). But I also got the same result when I run it on the Android device. I've checked the value of ObiSolver.pinConstraintParameters.enabled at runtime on the device and it was true.

Please check out this recorded video for FreghtLift scene. The video shows how the platform falls immediately once the scene starts running on the Android device.
FreghtLiftScene_PinConstraintIssue_Android

Any idea what is going on? is there any special configuration that I need to take it into my consideration before I deploy the game to Android or iOS device?

Many thanks,
Acacus

Print this item

Manual tearing via cript
Posted by: Kalidor - 09-10-2017, 10:29 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (21)

How do i tear the rope manually via script at one certain particle?

Print this item