» Replies: 3
» Views: 92
Prefab Creation & Cable L...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
01-05-2024, 01:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 118

Triste Wierd 2017.3.1p1 Behavior...Gifs Attached!
Posted by: Abuthar - 22-02-2018, 11:10 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

I finally decided to integrate Obi Cloth into my project today!  Like the title says, i'm working with Unity 2017.3.1p1 and i have no errors.  Imported Obi on an empty scene... No errors apart from 'variable assigned but not used' etc.  However, when checking out the example scenes before setting up anything in my scenes, everything is not reacting properly... Here are some gifs of 3 scenes.  All i did was hit play and as you can see...

https://imgur.com/a/fwDzp

Is there something I was supposed to do on import/installation?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Triste

Print this item

Pregunta Obi cloth vs Marvelous Designer
Posted by: lqm231 - 22-02-2018, 07:30 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hi, I have a project in university that allow user to change cloth (T-Shirt, Coat,... cloth for upper body), so I need the cloth simulation effect like Marvelous Designer does.

Can the obi cloth do that?. Sorry for asking like that, because I'm very new to Unity or cloth simulation. So
I would like to ask before buying it. 
By the way, I would like to know if I can add the obi cloth at the runtime, due to the cloth is loaded in runtime?

I have try with unity cloth feature. But it doesn't work as my expectation
Here what I try
Before using unity-cloth

After using unity-cloth

You can see that the cloth is stretching to much. I try to decrease the max-distance to 0.1, but the cloth is simulated too bad just like before applying the unit-cloth effect.

Thank for your support,
Minh

Print this item

About PinConstraint Scripting
Posted by: Cannias - 21-02-2018, 09:49 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hey there!

I want to snap the ObiRope to the block i have in scene in runtime. I can snap one end of the ObiRope but the other end of ObiRope doesn't seem to be working Gran sonrisa  i simply check for conditions (collider trigger, onMouseUp, etc.) and remove the PinConstraint from Spheres then add new PinConstraint to the block

As you can see in the video, white sphere (which is Pinned to the first particle) does what i want but the black one doesn't. I can't get the last particle of ObiRope. Here's my code for snapping:

Code:
       int addIndex; //Index of particle which i add PinConstraint (to block)
       int removeIndex; //Index of particle which i remove PinConstraint (from sphere)
       if (gameObject.name == "WhiteSphere")
       {
           //Remove the second PinConstraint & add PinConstraint to the first particle
           addIndex = 0;
           removeIndex = 1;
       }
       else
       {
           //Remove the first PinConstraint & add PinConstraint to the last particle
           addIndex = obiRope.UsedParticles;
           removeIndex = 0;
       }

obiRope.PinConstraints.RemoveFromSolver(null);
       ObiPinConstraintBatch batch = (ObiPinConstraintBatch)obiRope.PinConstraints.GetBatches()[0];
       batch.RemoveConstraint(removeIndex);
       batch.AddConstraint(addIndex, blockObiCollider, new Vector3(0.8f, 0, 0), 1);
       obiRope.PinConstraints.AddToSolver(null);

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Position of cloth in world space
Posted by: domkonecny - 21-02-2018, 01:04 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,
I am unable to get any information about position of my cloth. In my project the cloth is flying through space and is followed by camera. I started using obi and cant find the info about position anywhere. I dont need exact position. Rough estimate of cloths center would be great. Any ideas how?

Print this item

More Issues
Posted by: coverclubmedia - 21-02-2018, 01:29 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

I really wish this product would work for my situation, but it's just not doable from what I have gathered. 

When working in local space, it works great, but it seems I'm forced to using one character. Toggling this feature off cause issues when warping your character or moving too quickly. The mesh will stretch to each location and it's really bad. This issue makes non local space a no go.

Local space is the spot I want, but the Debug warnings eat up CPU via the console so I removed them(easy fix). However when I instantiate things start to move all over the place. Constraints are confused between the solvers which now I see why you had the warning. To add in new layers for each solver and it's respective colliders is just not doable in my situation. Layers are important and I use them a lot for other things. I could spare 1 or 2. 

A couple other strange behaviors I noticed were at start the cloth pops as if force is applied from below. 

I really want this to work but it's just too risky to spend  a long time redoing my game for this asset when it poses the above issues and is eating up a lot of CPU. Even with the tweaks suggested in another post it's a still really heavy when using more then 1 character. 

If you would be kind enough to provide a refund that would be great.

FYI the script when you compile it throws an error, line 510 of Obicloth.cs and line 200 Obibone.cs both have the issue the variable "restPositions" is already a variable in and needs a new name. I suggest changing it to something different.

Thanks.

Print this item

Simulation of modeling clay
Posted by: altalias - 20-02-2018, 06:46 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi,
This is a long shot, but i was curious if Obi Fluid is flexible enough to simulate solid materials that undergo plastic deformations. I don't need accurate simulations, just something that works close enough to allow a material to hold it's shape and be bent/folded in a way that's relatively predictable. As far as i've researched, particle-based solutions seem to be the best way to do this. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7js12tGFVA

Print this item

Obi Rope 3.3.0 - Bunch of warnings
Posted by: luisfonseca - 20-02-2018, 11:37 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi, I just updated to the latest Obi Rope version and I'm getting a bunch (32 to be more exact) of warnings.

Why is that the case? I would expect a premium plugin like this to be more careful with these kind of things.

Print this item

Pregunta Nintendo switch support
Posted by: sase6101 - 20-02-2018, 07:55 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (8)

Hello
Currently we are making games using your asset (obi Rope) and aiming for the release of Nintendo switch in the future, but it seems that obi Rope is not yet Nintendo switch support, but as it will be supported in the near future Will it be?
By the way, I attempted to build Nintendo switch for trial, but I could not.
Perhaps I think the library file is the cause.

Print this item

Suggestions for Performance
Posted by: coverclubmedia - 20-02-2018, 02:27 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Hi,

I've got a rigged up character with a robe and I really like the look, however once I add in a few more of the same character things drop dramatically. There is no way I could incorporate this amount of CPU loss into my game. I have a roster of 7 characters who will need at most 2 cloth scripts and 1 solver each, plus several NPC on a screen this could total around max 20. I've got it down to 5 interations total for each solver all seem to run better in Late update, and time is set to .02 in unity.

Am I dreaming with this idea with your asset? I currently have it working with Unity cloth and it's performance is pretty good but the bugs, crashes and look of it is not as nice. 

Any tips or documentation that could help would be great.

Edit: I've watched the video about tweaking it and it helped but even still 3 of those trenchcoat guys and it's tanking to 30FPS from 160FPS. Using my low poly character it sit's at 260FPS with one character, and two it drops to 60FPS.

Edit 2: there is this warning that is eating up a lot of that FPS: Obicolliders used by obisolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared by multiple solvers. please duplicated... I don't quite understand that warning. I duplicated the entire character, including the colliders. 

Thanks

Print this item

Character Cloth Issue
Posted by: coverclubmedia - 19-02-2018, 08:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,

I have a couple images attached, any idea what is happening? I fear your asset does not work with my characters yet. I think it's scale, but I imported a new character without any rig scaling and it also was totally messed up looking. 

I really wish you had made a video tutorial for the character cloth part it would have helped a lot.

Print this item