» Views: 138
Exclude some particles fr...
Forum: Obi Fluid
Last Post: josemendez
17-04-2024, 11:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 70

Obi Rope 3.3.0 - Bunch of warnings
Posted by: luisfonseca - 20-02-2018, 11:37 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi, I just updated to the latest Obi Rope version and I'm getting a bunch (32 to be more exact) of warnings.

Why is that the case? I would expect a premium plugin like this to be more careful with these kind of things.

Print this item

Pregunta Nintendo switch support
Posted by: sase6101 - 20-02-2018, 07:55 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (8)

Hello
Currently we are making games using your asset (obi Rope) and aiming for the release of Nintendo switch in the future, but it seems that obi Rope is not yet Nintendo switch support, but as it will be supported in the near future Will it be?
By the way, I attempted to build Nintendo switch for trial, but I could not.
Perhaps I think the library file is the cause.

Print this item

Suggestions for Performance
Posted by: coverclubmedia - 20-02-2018, 02:27 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Hi,

I've got a rigged up character with a robe and I really like the look, however once I add in a few more of the same character things drop dramatically. There is no way I could incorporate this amount of CPU loss into my game. I have a roster of 7 characters who will need at most 2 cloth scripts and 1 solver each, plus several NPC on a screen this could total around max 20. I've got it down to 5 interations total for each solver all seem to run better in Late update, and time is set to .02 in unity.

Am I dreaming with this idea with your asset? I currently have it working with Unity cloth and it's performance is pretty good but the bugs, crashes and look of it is not as nice. 

Any tips or documentation that could help would be great.

Edit: I've watched the video about tweaking it and it helped but even still 3 of those trenchcoat guys and it's tanking to 30FPS from 160FPS. Using my low poly character it sit's at 260FPS with one character, and two it drops to 60FPS.

Edit 2: there is this warning that is eating up a lot of that FPS: Obicolliders used by obisolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared by multiple solvers. please duplicated... I don't quite understand that warning. I duplicated the entire character, including the colliders. 

Thanks

Print this item

Character Cloth Issue
Posted by: coverclubmedia - 19-02-2018, 08:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

Hello,

I have a couple images attached, any idea what is happening? I fear your asset does not work with my characters yet. I think it's scale, but I imported a new character without any rig scaling and it also was totally messed up looking. 

I really wish you had made a video tutorial for the character cloth part it would have helped a lot.

Print this item

Obi 3.3 Released for all Obi Packages!
Posted by: lidiamartinez - 19-02-2018, 04:24 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (1)

Hi folks!

at last we could save some time and release the update for all assets.

This update brings a lot more things and fixes that you should definitely look into. Jose put together an article for you covering all the news:

--> Read full article! <--

--> Check out all obi assets in the Asset Store! <--

Print this item

How to change particle skin radius via script?
Posted by: a12345 - 18-02-2018, 10:56 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - No Replies

Hi,

I have a character cloth that I have given a high skin radius of 0.5 to simulate during a certain part of the scene. However when I begin moving my character really fast, this high skin radius causes a separation in the cloth. I want to reduce the skin radius down to 0.1 just before my character starts moving really fast. Is there any way to change the skin radius of the particles of the cloth through script and not the editor?

Thanks

Print this item

Instantiate and use Robe
Posted by: 13ee13 - 16-02-2018, 01:06 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hi
I check all rope forums and chack your tutorial but I can't find my problem's answer
I can Instantiate robe , I can extend the rope but I can't extend as want as I want and I can not shorten the rope.These are lenght problem.
another problems are pin control.
I have two object ( for example car and wall ) .when I click space ,I make a rope .But I can not pin the rope to wall. Enfadado
I want to do these
1-when I click space ,I make a rope and pin the rope to wall
2-walk to car
3-again when click space button ,I want to pin the rope to car.
Of course if I click space,the rope lenght can chance.

You made great rope asset but you don't have enough tutorial videos.Everyone can't have enough time for reading tutorial and (for example I am ) good English.

Print this item

Dll Problem
Posted by: 13ee13 - 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi everyone
I start to use Obi Rope and import your asset but I see this error in console

DllNotFoundException: libOni
Obi.ObiCollisionMaterial.OnValidate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ObiCollisionMaterial.cs:44)

and

DllNotFoundException: $
Obi.ObiCollisionMaterial.OnDisable () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Collisions/ObiCollisionMaterial.cs:32)

but I don't see that error in visual studio.I delete that errors after that I can play my game,I don't take any message.Will this be a problem in the future? What can I do ? I use windows 7.

Another things
1- Can we create rope while playing and connect this rope 2 gameObject's body?
2- Can we extend the length of the rope we are playing while playing
3- Can we break the rope with a certain weight or force and how can we do it

[b]josemendez[/b]  answers 
1.- Yes. See:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/scriptingactors.html
2.- Yes (there's a component, ObiCursor, that allow you to extend/retract the rope from any point in both directions.)
3.- Yes (the rope has a breaking threshold value in newtons. Once this value is exceeded, it will break automatically.)

can you record a video about that subject ? with video ,I can understand easier.
Thank you

Print this item

Copying a rope causes the new rope to "steal" the mesh from the old one
Posted by: khalvr - 12-02-2018, 04:01 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

When copying an ObiRope, it does not seem like you are getting a deep copy of the generated rope mesh. This essentially forces you to re-initialize the old object - which is extremely frustrating since you then need to set up all the constraints once again.

Print this item

sequence of short ropes connecting pinned objects – problem with stretchiness/jitter
Posted by: phoberman - 12-02-2018, 01:42 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hi –

I'm building a vertical chain of ropes and pinned objects (object/rope/object/rope/object, etc) and the longer the sequence gets, the more elastic the rope gets (if the rigidbodies have a mass of 1) or the more uncontrollably jittery it is (if the rigidbodies have masses of less than 1). 

I've gone through the documentation and forums looking for answers – the only suggestion I can find is to make sure that the masses of the rope particles are in a reasonable ratio to the rigidbody mass. But when I change the rigidbody masses to something small like 0.2, everything starts jittering – the more objects in the chain, the more jitter.

The only solution I've been able to find is to leave the rigidbody masses at 1, and set the Distance Constraints Stretching Scale of the ropes to something like 0.25. This works, although it makes everything jump around when the scene starts.

Is there something I'm missing? Suggestions?

Print this item