» Views: 170
Allocating particles at t...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: josemendez
03-06-2024, 09:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 73

collision with mesh collider
Posted by: Richard - 05-04-2019, 05:18 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (7)

Obi cloth cannot collide with obi collider from mesh collider. Why is this happened? I tried obi collider from sphere collider, but it has no problem.

Print this item

Using with 2017.4.15f1 possible?
Posted by: thegreenhell - 05-04-2019, 01:28 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

My question is pretty simple.  Is it possible to make this asset work with 2017.4.15f1?  This is the version of Unity currently in use by the program I'd like to use the plugin for.  If possible, I'd be more than happy to make a purchase.  Otherwise, my search to replace the plugin I currently use (Dynamic Bone) will continue.  Thank you for your time.
-GreenHell

Print this item

collision of things
Posted by: Richard - 04-04-2019, 02:53 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I tried to crash the sphere to obi cloth and change the shape. Is it not enough set up? I used add force for crashing but it does not change shape of obi cloth.

Print this item

NullReferenceException for ObiRopeCursorEditor.cs (Unable to use any form of rope)
Posted by: glish - 04-04-2019, 05:57 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - No Replies

Hey guys, so out of no where (I hadn't changed any scripts to my knowledge), my obirope seems to have broken. I'm currently using a slight variation of the GrapplingHook.cs script and for whatever reason, it just started giving these errors on play:
[Image: 2khoh5.png]

Line 46 in ObiRopeCursorEditor.cs is:

Code:
Vector3 pos1 = rope.GetParticlePosition(distanceBatch.springIndices[constraint*2]);
in the OnSceneGUI() function

To reproduce this, I opened a new project and imported ObiRope, then created two cubes. On one, I put the GrapplingHook.cs script and the other an ObiCollider and ObiRigidbody.

After pressing play, the GrapplingHook cube will turn into this strange icon and the first error listed above will begin being listed. Then, if you click on the other cube, the rest of the errors begin spewing out.
[Image: adzzts.png]
The above image used to be a default 3D cube, but turns to that upon pressing play.

This also happened in the GrapplingHook sample scene. Does anyone have an idea as to why that might be happening? I was using the rope with no issues for quite a while, and earlier it seemed to just decide to no longer cooperate lol.

Any help is appreciated as this is a pretty big aspect of my project.

EDIT:
By the way, I'm on Unity 2018.3.10f1 and the latest version of ObiRope from the asset store

EDIT2:
Something very strange is going on with ObiRope for me. I've tried using at least 5 different versions of Unity, I've deleted the Obi folder and redownloaded it into new projects, and all of them are broken. It seems that even adding the default ObiRope from the 3D Object menu doesn't work and just produces the same set of lines as the image above.

Also, strangely, in the sample GrapplingHook scene, if you first fire the rope in Play mode and then move to Scene mode, there will be no errors, but if you switch directly to scene mode and click on the object with the grappling hook script, the errors begin being listed.

EDIT3: So I took a super old copy of Obi from an old project and attempted using that, I got a new nullreferenceerror in obirope.cs. I noticed that for some reason, the ropes aren't being initialized on play, so I did some testing and tried calling rope.Initialize() (I made it accessible in ObiRope.cs) in the GrapplingHook.cs awake function, and surprisingly it worked. No more errors. Still doesn't make much sense to me though.

Print this item

Compile errors => What Unity version to use ?
Posted by: GameKitten - 03-04-2019, 05:24 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (5)

Hi,

Purchased the plugin yesterday, tried with unity 2018.1.0 and the latest 2018.3.11f1.

Same errors.

Doing menu > obi > about > install doesnt fix the errors.

What version of unity must i use ? on the asset store it says "Package has been submitted using Unity 2018.1.0."

Also in the 2018.3.11f1 i can press play and it works, and on the other version it says all compiler errors must be fixed.

[Image: obi_errors.png]

Print this item

How to add objects along rope without them affecting the rope
Posted by: yyy-2c2p - 02-04-2019, 09:57 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Is there a way to add objects along the rope, similar to how the start and end prefabs work? I don't want to use pin contraints because the attached object would have an effect on the rope.
I need to do this programmatically because I have ropes that change size. Is this at all possible?

Thank you.

Print this item

Support for PolygonCollider2D?
Posted by: PuppyPuppyPuppy - 01-04-2019, 06:29 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (2)

I was wondering if there are plans at some point to include support for PolygonCollider 2D.  The documentation says that this is the only type of collider not currently supported.  It would be useful in 2D projects, especially with the attention Unity is giving with things like SpriteShapes (which currently use either edge colliders or poly 2D colliders).

Thanks!

Print this item

How to use gravity
Posted by: Richard - 01-04-2019, 01:04 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (1)

I would like to use gravity on script. How can I enable gravity on script?

Print this item

softbody not deformed
Posted by: songsongsong - 31-03-2019, 02:51 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - No Replies

i have put softbody on several models.
most models are working.
however this model is not woking.  the "particle renderer‘ indicators are displayed as expected. however  the real mesh not deformed as those particle renderer.
[attachment=310]
this is deformed photo.  only particle renderer deformed, the model not deformed

[attachment=311]
this is no-deformed photo.

Print this item

Can softbody tear up like cloth or rope?
Posted by: NoodleSwag - 30-03-2019, 10:49 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hi Devs,

Is there currently a feature for this? Since its already implemented on Obi Cloth and Obi Rope?

Thanks

NSwag

Print this item