Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot generate a blueprint asset for a mesh
When trying to generate a blueprint on any mesh (read/write checkbox is enabled in import settings) I always get an Null ref error:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.Refresh () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:416)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.Generate () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:143)

Unity 2022.3.29f
Obi Softbody 6.5.4
(06-06-2024, 09:54 PM)Gustorvo Wrote: When trying to generate a blueprint on any mesh (read/write checkbox is enabled in import settings) I always get an Null ref error:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.Refresh () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:416)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.Generate () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:143)

Unity 2022.3.29f
Obi Softbody 6.5.4

Hi, this is a long standing bug in Unity that causes public fields in custom editor scripts to not be correctly initialized when there's multiple inspector tabs open. The simplest way to fix it is to reset the editor's layout: Window->Layouts->Reset All Layouts

let me know if I can be of further help,

kind regards
(07-06-2024, 07:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi, this is a long standing bug in Unity that causes public fields in custom editor scripts to not be correctly initialized when there's multiple inspector tabs open. The simplest way to fix it is to reset the editor's layout: Window->Layouts->Reset All Layouts

let me know if I can be of further help,

kind regards

Still having the same error even after resettin all layouts  Huh