» Views: 347
Problem with softbody and...
Forum: Obi Softbody
Last Post: josemendez
18-04-2024, 01:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 139

Obi Rope Photon Unity Networking2
Posted by: ammannagari - 05-04-2020, 12:08 AM - Forum: General - Replies (11)

Hi,
I am using ObiRope in my project where the movement of the obi rope needs to synchronize between two clients and the server. We are using Photon unity networking for networking. 
I am able to see the rope in the server(laptop) but unable to see the rope in the phones. I have added the observed component to both ObiSolver and ObiRope.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. 

Looking for some help with this.

Print this item

Making a chocolate syrup
Posted by: Ronnie - 04-04-2020, 11:07 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (7)

Canyou suggest me some properties to get a fluid like Chocolat syrup? Also I want it to optimize to mobile so how should i set it? Thanks

Print this item

Getting particle connections
Posted by: SpiralCircus - 03-04-2020, 05:25 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

I'm interested in tracing all the particle positions, starting from a control node, and progressing along the length of each connected rope, but I need to stop where there has been a tear. The goal is to model electrical connectivity, via obi-ropes acting as wires.

Given a control point, I'd like to be able to trace along the rope until i reach a tear, finding which parts of the rope are "live" (connected to a power source). The result I want is an ordered list of points which I can use to draw electrical VFX on the screen.

Is there a property on a particle I can use to query it's connections to other particles? Or something in the actor or solver I can use to get this info?

Print this item

thicknesses in runtime
Posted by: Urbem - 03-04-2020, 08:00 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I want to change rope thikness in runtime. Like this:
path.thicknesses.data[_index] = 5f;

but in the game the rope is not updated. I try Update this functions, without result:
Rope.UpdateParticleProperties();
ropeMeshRenderer.UpdateRenderer(Rope);
solver.UpdateParameters();

How I can update Rope thicknesses in runtime?

Print this item

[Solved] shader error on Android(Oculus Quest) build
Posted by: Snail921 - 02-04-2020, 06:04 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hi,

I started getting errors on compiling the project for Oculus Quest.
Here is the errors:

1. Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 92 (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK LIGHTPROBE_SH
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

2. Error building Player: Shader error in 'Obi/Particles': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at line 92 (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK LIGHTPROBE_SH
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING
I did not get any errors before and have no idea why the project starts throwing errors.
Could you please give me a solution for this?

Unity 2019.3.2f1
Obi Cloth 5.2

Print this item

(Solved) Ropes allowing objects to pass through them
Posted by: SpiralCircus - 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (6)

Just bought the asset as an alternative to janky rigidbody/hinge based unity ropes. I really like it so far, but I'm struggling with an unexpected behaviour.

My game requires that ropes prevent unity physics objects from passing through them. Ropes are used to block npcs and players from passing through to certain areas, and they are also used to hold physics objects in place before the user cuts them down.

The attached gif shows two identical ropes / solvers. The one of the right has kinematic rigidbodies below it to show that collision between ropes and unity physics objects is working as expected. On the left you see dynamic rigidbodies falling down onto a rope fixed at both ends. My problem is that in this case the objects are able to easily pass through the rope. Smaller objects are completely unaffected by it. The larger the falling object the more significant the interaction with the rope, but none of them behave as I would expect.

Is there any advice you could give to help me improve the rope's ability to "carry" or "hold" other objects, and prevent them from passing through?

[Image: 95HL3cg.gif]

SOLVER:
[Image: TzeffDf.png]

ROPE:
[Image: C394Fsb.png]

Print this item

Control particles
Posted by: solidsnake9058 - 02-04-2020, 07:18 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - No Replies

Hello,

I need to pinning particles on 3d object forever in my case, just like drench honest.

How can I do for that?

I found method to control particles life when collision enter, maybe can keeps particles won't be back pool.
But I don't have any idea to pinning particles.

Or maybe I can create custom emitter by myself to create pinned particles on the object?

Thanks, and forgive my poor english.

Print this item

Sorprendido Can't get a particle rotation
Posted by: VirtualCucumber - 02-04-2020, 12:56 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Checked out the Docs and it has multiple ways to get rotational information but the functions all return zero'd out Quaternions / Vector3s.

I have to be missing something.

I tried (Even if they didn't pertain to ObiRope):

Code:
ObiSolver.angularVelocities[solverIndex];

ObiSolver.orientations[solverIndex]

ObiRope.GetParticleOrientation(solverIndex)

Print this item

2D Animation in 3D Surrounding
Posted by: Klaas - 01-04-2020, 10:54 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (7)

Hi there,

I hope there isn't already a thread for this. If so I probably wasn't clever enough to search for the right thing.

I am trying to implement a 2D Simulation but in a 3d environment. The problem is, everytime I try to add a Solver and Emitter the particles don't behave like they should. None of the colliders work (2d or 3d) and the particles just fly straight through the objects.

I tried copying some of the sample scenes into my project and they do work if they haven't been moved from x,y,z = 0,0,0. Once I move them to another place in the environment the problem starts.

I would really appreciate some help since I already worked way to many hours trying to solve this.

Best wishes,
Klaas

Print this item

where is ObiActor?
Posted by: sadiq - 31-03-2020, 10:34 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

hi,

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

in this link , there is an component ObiActor used in ObiCOM scripts. but didn't find in latest package.

kindly help me!

thanks.

Print this item