» Replies: 4
» Views: 68
Debug Collisions position...
Forum: General
Last Post: josemendez
29-04-2024, 07:50 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 49

Check if rope is wrapping or unwrapping?
Posted by: Navvv - 23-02-2021, 03:40 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Is there any way to check if a rope is currently wrapping or unwrapping around a wrappable object? What about checking how many times the rope has wrapped around that object?

Print this item

calculate total deformation of a softbody
Posted by: fewerhy - 21-02-2021, 01:58 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Like the title says, any way for calculation of the total deformation of a softbody. The obiRope has calculate-length-function which can estimate the current total length. Does softbody has a function to calculate something like the total potential energy in it?

I would like to do some customized action when the total deformation exceeds certain value.

Print this item

Exceptions on scale 0 Obi rope
Posted by: bobby - 19-02-2021, 04:03 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

Hello Obi,

when I tween the obi solver size to 0, I get a lot of exceptions. is there any way to remove them? I tried setting solver.enabled to false, but then when I deactivate the solver gameobject, i still get exceptions "Assertion failed on expression: 'ValidTRS()'

It doesn't affect the gameplay, it's just that exceptions appear in the console.

Print this item

get position of particles
Posted by: orestissar - 19-02-2021, 10:44 AM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (6)

Hello, 

I'm trying to retrieve the particle positions of 2 Obi Cloth Objectives.

In my scenario, i just created 2 flags with obi cloth blueprints. The two flags are on the same solver but in different world positions. 

Code:
ObiCloth cloth1 = Flag1.GetComponent<ObiCloth>();       
ObiCloth cloth2 = Flag2.GetComponent<ObiCloth>();

cloth1 is assigned to the 1st Flag and cloth2 to the 2nd. All good so far (or at least i think so.)

However, when i use, for example:
Code:
Debug.Log(cloth1.GetParticlePosition(0));

Debug.Log(cloth2.GetParticlePosition(0));

The result is exactly the same Vector3, despite the 2 flags being on different positions 
No matter where i put the flags, the result is always the same.

[Image: baCerXH.png]

Am i missing something? Any suggestions?

Print this item

Wind Demo Frames Drop
Posted by: StudioTatsu - 15-02-2021, 06:37 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (2)

In the Wind demo, using Burst Backend, it drops to 1-2 frames per second. 
Oni backend works fine. No issues.

Tested in 2020.2.4f1, Obi 6.0

Heavy garbage collection coming from CreateConstraintsBatch.

Print this item

Burst backend Error in any example.
Posted by: Binary - 13-02-2021, 10:45 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi, just a quick question is that Burst backend supposed to work. I tried with various Unity versions and various combinations of the required packages and it always end up in an error in any of the samples.

[Image: yiUNWNS.png]

Thanks

Print this item

Tearable Cloth Demo Error
Posted by: hecali_aj - 13-02-2021, 06:21 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hello,

There's an error that appears in the tearable cloth demo using the burst backend for the solver. Any help please?
I'm using Unity 2020.1.17f1 and the latest version of Obi Cloth.
[Image: mlgFqV2.png]

Print this item

Cloudiness at Obi Fluid 6.0
Posted by: asimofu_ok - 13-02-2021, 05:06 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi, I updated Obi Fluid from 5.3 to 6.0.
And I'm surprising at Fluid Renderer parameters.
However, new Obi Fluid can use no longer the cloudiness of DielectricFluid material?

It was useful for white liquid or black background.
Additive blending is difference to cloudiness...

I think it is best that Absorption option can be used for white color.

Print this item

Solver Error
Posted by: Xanduffy - 13-02-2021, 03:49 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Figured I'd begin a new thread as this isn't strictly related to the grabbing issue Jose helped me with recently. I woke up this morning to the following console error:

Code:
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Obi.ObiTriangleMeshContainer.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh source) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiTriangleMeshContainer.cs:78)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:229)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:38)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:189)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:362)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

It's throwing from the solver that handles the grapple rope, but no changes were made to the rope recently, only to the grappling hook, and the particle attachment was redirected to that new model. The rope isn't simulating and it's preventing other scripts from executing, any ideas?

Print this item

Multiple renderers in URP
Posted by: corel - 13-02-2021, 04:31 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (4)

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple renderer passes in URP specific to separate emitters? I aim aiming to have distinct fluids in a scene with different refraction and blending modes, but I can't seem to find where to select specific emitters in the obi fluid renderer feature. I thought this was possible using the standard pipeline when the renderer script was attached to a camera, apologies if I've missed something obvious.

Cheers!

Print this item